Assetto Corsa Round 2: Salzburgring (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Salzburgring
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, January 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Monday, January 14, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
P34 to P8, all said.

Okay no... It was in general an absolutely fantastic race for me, everyone was fair around me. Was quite nice trying to catch @t0daY half of the race. Very strong field though, at p8 I wasn't able to make any time good anymore. I'm really sorry to @Mr AlcoN who crashed after he let me pass due to blue flags, what happend there?

Last edited:

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
After I found myself on P2 after quali - I was highly surprised to be honest. Just a miracle lap - not to say lap of my life.
But then began the epitome of laughter. You don't have to say anything about T1...followed by some more incidents the race was just forgettable. I don't know what to think about it and honestly I don't know if I feel like it. One trains for hours, in the driver briefing one is pointed out several times to the pitfalls of the distance and then something like that...

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How to lose a "secure" 3rd place with a totally stupid mistake:

Anyway I finished 5th, which is still a good result for me. Somehow I found a very good pace during the race. Maybe also 2nd was within reach.
@miagi now I could show you my real battling skills without being a complete idiot :D
There were a really nice battles in the first few laps @Duppy @miagi and @Vernux !

The lapped drivers behaved good. There was some battles between them that slowed me down, but it's ok. They were fighting for position.

Finally a good league race! Thanks!

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that didnt go good... in race....
Qualy mweh not bad p5 or something, @Alex Salmon was just really fast ,congratz.

Start of the race was nice ,well for me to p2 . Driving begin Alex and then i just decided to hot a barrier like @David Siska only the one before that. Damaged front left suspension and a broken window so i immidiatly jumped in pit. To bad this sucker didnt made a pit with damage repair :facepalm: so 2 stops for me it was and that was a bit the race for me. Had some battles tho with @JetPistol and @t0daY and a few others i cant remember right now :dead: ended p10/11 ?

Anyway still enjoyed the race and looking forward to next week !

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that didnt go good... in race....
Qualy mweh not bad p5 or something, @Alex Salmon was just really fast ,congratz.

Start of the race was nice ,well for me to p2 . Driving begin Alex and then i just decided to hot a barrier like @David Siska only the one before that. Damaged front left suspension and a broken window so i immidiatly jumped in pit. To bad this sucker didnt made a pit with damage repair :facepalm: so 2 stops for me it was and that was a bit the race for me. Had some battles tho with @JetPistol and @t0daY and a few others i cant remember right now :dead: ended p10/11 ?

Anyway still enjoyed the race and looking forward to next week !

Yeah that was me. You were so fast, was very tricky to keep you behind me... Well in the end I didn't. Crazy pace! :O

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quali: :woot:
P8 - best qualifying I have ever had, I though here we go - some big points coming my way :cool:

Race: :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
P21 - Bogged down off the line and got hit across the track. Thought I survived T1 but met a car coming the other way which spun me and I ended last after the 1st Turn. On lap 5 met my team mate @GinchaA in the middle of the track on the last corner. Car really damaged and recovery drive was on. It wasn't till the last 16 minutes until I had some clear track to get a rhythm going, with a damaged car and too much fuel and worn tyres a was happy with mid to high 1:14's.

Can't help but feel what could have been if I had the clutch mapped at the start and didn't end last after T1. Happy with my pace though, big jump forward for me.

See you all next week.

I can only apologize...

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Quali: :woot:
P8 - best qualifying I have ever had, I though here we go - some big points coming my way :cool:

Race: :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
P21 - Bogged down off the line and got hit across the track. Thought I survived T1 but met a car coming the other way which spun me and I ended last after the 1st Turn. On lap 5 met my team mate @GinchaA in the middle of the track on the last corner. Car really damaged and recovery drive was on. It wasn't till the last 16 minutes until I had some clear track to get a rhythm going, with a damaged car and too much fuel and worn tyres a was happy with mid to high 1:14's.

Can't help but feel what could have been if I had the clutch mapped at the start and didn't end last after T1. Happy with my pace though, big jump forward for me.

See you all next week.

I dont use clutch for starts. I just have mine In neutral and then full revs and when the light goes out i put into first gear.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, wasn't really expecting that as I'm not best friends with Salzburhring normally, but I really enjoyed that yesterday! :)
Qualy was alright, took it much too easy through the first chicane and lost the 4 tenths to pole in that corner alone. Nevermind P7 was more than I expected as people suprsingly got a lot slower from practice to qualy...
Got a really got start and was already in between @Jeff[NL] and @miagi as things got too hot for my tastings so I backed off and went to the outside for T1. Someone crashed really hard into my back before T1 think it was @JetPistol who went to the grass on the straight but luckily I survived the chicane somehow and was up to P5. Before I could my rythm I went into the wall in L2 in the 180 degree right hander after the long straight and thought that Salzburgring trap has me again like always. But luckily I was able to get going again pretty fast but dropped from P5 to P15. Survived the next laps and finally got into a good rythm and was able to overtake a lot of cars with very little time loss and progressed up to P7 again, right behind @Vernux . We were pretty similar pacewise so I followed him like his own shadow couple of laps until he went to the pits halfwalf through the race. My tires were still quite good so I decided to stay out a little bit longer and go for an overcut which turned out to be a golden choice as @Alex Salmon came back to the track right in front of me. He was just near enough to gain a little bit in his slipstream on the straights but not that near that I needed to lift off to not fight him. Made couple of 14.1 laps and my BMW was literally flying and went to the pits with about 14min remaining.
Came back on track in P6, somebody went to the pits some laps later so I went into P5. I think then somebody in front of me spun and I took P4 from him and could already see @miagi couple of seconds down the road. With the fresh tires I was able to close to him quite fast and we started to battle on the back straight. Don't know mate if you didn't see the first time or were surprised that I gained so much on the straight but you moved on the straight which caused me to almost crash into your back and out of the race. But we still had a nice battle to the finish line and I could overtake him 2 or 3 laps before chequered flag. Sorry for snatching that last podium spot mate :p
Good team result for Mad Bull as @Diluvian managed to do a awesome recovery race from the back of the field to P8! Solid Points, happy about that!

Really enjoyed the racing yesterday, was all pretty hard but most of the time pretty fair also how it should be :)
Awesome competitive season until now, can't wait for the next races!
Really looking forward to Tor Poznan as I really really love this nice little flowing track!

Cheers,
Exited

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Qualifying: Had a quali ban from the last race, so did a pretty decent lap by staying in the pits. :)

Race: Started P38, so I knew I would be a long race, but during to other people's mistakes and crashes/incidents on lap 1, I was up to P20 on lap 2. Was chasing down @Berserkmir and went on the outside into the fast right hander after the back straight when he turned a bit left, and send my car into the gravel. Didn't get any damage but lost 5-6 positions. Caught up to @Berserkmir again and we had another small coming together. I ended up passing him and after that I just kept my head down and tried to go long on the first stint.

Passed a lot of guys and was up to P10ish when In the S chicane i touched the grass and spun. Sorry to everyone effected by this. I went straight into the pit and changed tires and refueled and came out P20. Second spint was pretty good and manged to catch up to some guys and had some very good battles with a couple of guys. @Darksi really stood out because of his smart racing, so thank you for that. :)

In the end i finished P16 which is pretty decent considered I started last. :) Perhaps could have been much better without my quali ban for race 1, but only have myself to blame for that. Looking forward to Tor Poznan, which is a pretty unknown track for many, but has a really nice flow to it.

A little negative to round it all off. :)

I find it really annoying that people lapping other people forces their way trough. If you are 2 sec behind a backmarker don't tell him that you wanna pass. I know blue flags and all that kinda stuff, but people being lapped are also still in a race and fighting for positions. Don't just expect people you are lapping to park next to the side of the road to let your by. Be smart and try to plan you overtake so you don't do it in the S chicanes and people have to drive off track to let you by. Some people are of course better/worse than others, but some people last night, where exceptional bad at it and kinda expected people just to move over.

Rant of the day. :p

/Noz
Post automatically merged:

Statistics from the race:
Winner:
@Alex Salmon
Fastest lap: @Exited (1.13.5070)
Fastest S1: @Exited (28.9260)
Fastest S2: @David Siska (20.2460)
Fastest S3: @David Siska (23.8420)
Potential fastest lap: 1.13.0140
Best consistency: @Nada (99.17%)
Worst consistency: @Battenberg (99.27%)
Lead most laps: @Alex Salmon

Audi: 9 cars
Finished: P5, P10, P13, P15, P19, P20, P28, P29(DNF), P31(DNF)
Average position without DNF: 15,7
Average position with DNF: 18,8
DNF: 2
DNF %: 22%

Mercedes: 10 cars
Finished: P6, P7, P12, P14, P16, P18, P22, P26, P32(DNF), P34(DNF)
Average position without DNF: 15,1
Average position with DNF: 18,7
DNF: 2
DNF %: 20%

BMW: 18 cars
Finished: P1, P2, P3, P4, P8, P9, P11, P17, P21, P23, P24, P25, P27, P30(DNF), P33 (DNF), P35(DNF), P36(DNF), P37(DNF)
Average position without DNF: 13,4
Average position with DNF: 19,2
DNF: 5
DNF %: 27%

1547540695899.png

Last edited:

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
I dont use clutch for starts. I just have mine In neutral and then full revs and when the light goes out i put into first gear.
Yep that's what I did but had to instantly lift as I had a better start than the car in front which bogged me down.

I usually start from the back so take it easy off the line. I was getting dizzy being this high up the grid o_O. I could see the lights and everything. :happy:

Just something I need to practice before the next race.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately not

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Replay will be available also tonight? Need to investigate a couple of incidents :sour::rage:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
meme.jpg

thought I would join in the banta:

Couldn't let @t0daY get away with this one, 1st time in front of the stewards :eek:, Feel free to give him as much stick as you like. :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
View attachment 5917

thought I would join in the banta:

Couldn't let @t0daY get away with this one, 1st time in front of the stewards :eek:, Feel free to give him as much stick as you like. :p

Just to be clear here, I have nothing to do with stewarding. They are a complete seperate team besides Staff, therefore I highly doubt this will be a "No further action".

You shouldnt get the wrong impression I am some kind of immune against our own driving standards.

Users who are viewing this thread