Assetto Corsa Round 2: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve (1 Viewer)

Round 2: Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
EDIT:
I can't do even 3 laps without :banghead::banghead::banghead: :dead::dead::dead: :D:D:D

Agreed with @Exited it is fun but so damn hard in the same time. I can't even play any other game on the wheel. I tried some fun racing in ACC and I was scrapping around the walls and my beloved Audi had no turn in, no grip and no brakes as I was used to the F3 car with downforce. So I quit and switched back to AC and F3 car and I lost all my pace as the car was just too snappy and too pointy...oh goood. At least I haven't launched Dirt 2 :D
u never know what will happen in the race

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
I am stuck at work. Won't be able to make it

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sad to say but i just realzied that im going out tonight since its a special day here in hungary. Sorry for the late msg. But gl and hf to you all.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tried in vain to ready up for the second race. Couldn't get AC in focus to use mouse and ready up for some reason. Super super frustrating.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh guys, I'm so sorry for Race 2 crash in last chicane the first lap. I stuck like an arrow inside the wall of champions and I destroyed several people the race. I'm not sure what I did to achieve that, I'll have to watch the replay. [edit] sorry to @t0daY for destroying your race..

Last edited:

LoenKilo

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a hard races. Difficult track. I'm glad finished in both races in my first time on this track.
Thanks everyone and congrats Alex and all in podium.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Urgh. Doesn't look like I'll any positive things to say about my season.

Qualified P11, race one finished P11, race two finished P11. So unbelievably average. In race 2 I was up to 6th at one point I think, although only because others made mistakes or crashed, and then coming out of the last chicane I made a meal of my exit and spun. Down to P13. Made up a couple of places, again only due to others making mistakes, and the finished P11. I just don't know how to drive this car fast. In some corners I was so slow compared to the others. If I tried to go any faster, the car just spun or understeered into the wall. I'm sorry for people behind me, I rubbish at braking. In fact, I'd say the worst in this league. I'm always scared someone will rear end me so I either let them passed, or run wide. I don't know you all brake so well. I'm literally putting my pedal through the wall and I'm not slowing like everyone else.

It's a real shame we only had 19 drivers tonight :(

Congratulations to the winners and podium drivers.

See you at the next one.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Urgh. Doesn't look like I'll any positive things to say about my season.

Qualified P11, race one finished P11, race two finished P11. So unbelievably average. In race 2 I was up to 6th at one point I think, although only because others made mistakes or crashed, and then coming out of the last chicane I made a meal of my exit and spun. Down to P13. Made up a couple of places, again only due to others making mistakes, and the finished P11. I just don't know how to drive this car fast. In some corners I was so slow compared to the others. If I tried to go any faster, the car just spun or understeered into the wall. I'm sorry for people behind me, I rubbish at braking. In fact, I'd say the worst in this league. I'm always scared someone will rear end me so I either let them passed, or run wide. I don't know you all brake so well. I'm literally putting my pedal through the wall and I'm not slowing like everyone else.

It's a real shame we only had 19 drivers tonight :(

Congratulations to the winners and podium drivers.

See you at the next one.
Display the Pedals app and put it good visible somewhere around the middle of your screen.
Put Brake Power to 100% and then just drive around and really focus on good trail braking.
At high speed --> pedal to the metal then when the speed decreases progressivly decrease the brake pressure aswell
Practice that over and over again, maybe at the beginning just in a straight line. If that works better try it around the racetrack :)

Here is some physical explanation what you are actually doing by trail braking

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Display the Pedals app and put it good visible somewhere around the middle of your screen.
Put Brake Power to 100% and then just drive around and really focus on good trail braking.
At high speed --> pedal to the metal then when the speed decreases progressivly decrease the brake pressure aswell
Practice that over and over again, maybe at the beginning just in a straight line. If that works better try it around the racetrack :)

Here is some physical explanation what you are actually doing by trail braking
You should show that maybe to your team mate, might help as well :) :D :D

Fiiiiiiiiive TIPPS!

*Still love you @Diluvian !!!

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
If that happens to me again in this season I will stop participating in leagues :banghead:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A very mixed night, race 1 was quiet, but race 2 was nuts. I was having a lot of fun trying to keep the quicker guys behind in race 2, until I punted off @Mazy CZ going into the first chicane. I completely misjudged the braking zone and take full responsibility, sorry mate. I was having a blast with everyone else in the top 10 up until that point, I do love making my car as wide as possible ;) Let me know if any of my defensive driving was too aggressive, my video is below. Congrats to @Alex Salmon for the wins, and also to my teammate @The Wayfaerer for the strong results!

9:23 - Qualy Lap (P10)
21:35 - Race 1 Start. Clean lap, up to P9.
28:56 - Freebie, up to P8.
34:00 - Passed by @Puffpirat , down to P9. Cruising to end.
59:57 - Race 2 Start. Kobus failed to start, so It was essentially from pole position. Down to P3 by end of lap.
1:01:27 - @The Wayfaerer (my teammate) checks up in the final chicane, the top 6 all pack up. Contact from behind at T1 puts me down to P9.
1:03:00 - 2 Freebies, up to P7.
1:03:53 - My first meeting with @Mazy CZ. My misjudgement and fault, but we both got away with it. Shortly afterwards up to P6, and defending my position from various guys over the next 15 mins.
1:06:10 - 2 more freebies, up to P4.
1:06:58 - Big moment at the hairpin, down to P5.
1:10:20 - Side by side with Mazy through the final chicane! Eventually down to P7, great battle.
1:11:28 - Another big slide out of the hairpin and down to P7. I later lock up when trying to fight back and knock @Exited off the track, so I let him have it.
1:16:45 - Freebie, up to P6.
1:20:35 - Another good battle with Mazy, down to P7.
1:22:15 - Trying to get into a Mazy's mirrors, but I massively misjudged the braking zone and ploughed into the back of him. A really rubbish move from me and gutted the fun ended there. Down to P9.
1:28:23 - Mistake into T1 and down to P10 (very close to @t0daY!). Cruise to the end.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks @Exited

I've looked at my pedals and I'm getting 100% from them. I've tried shifting down early, and late, both with similar results. I've been experimenting with trial braking for a while, especially in open wheelers. I felt very comfortable with it around Imola, and I think that partly contributed to my good results. I know it was pre season and numbers were low, but I felt I could compete with others.

I guess I need more practice.

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, was not looking to racing yesterday as I was constantly in the wall :D

Qualy went ok again, still, I put the car into the wall like 54 times in qualy only but I dodn't break into 24's and ended up in 3rd with 25's. Still, could be much worse.
What I didn't like was that I was 2nd on the track behind a car. in sector 2 I started to give myself a bit of a gap. @Alex Salmon was behind and just before the hairpun he just overtook me. Not cool man. Why do you have to do this? This behaviour just pisses me off.

Race 1 was a bit boring, I had good start and had a run on @Exited but no overtook happened and I stayed in 3rd. and from then stayed 3rd until the finish line so a bit boring. But at least I did the whole 25mins without crashing and kitting the walls :D

Race 2 was the other way round sadly. Started 7th, in T2 I think @Exited appeared to my outside and I just felt contact and then I saw him going on the grass on the outside. @Alex Salmon did as he does in every race and he got himself up the field again. I was battling with cars around and managed to get myself into P4. During that I had goot battle with @Battenberg going side by side through entry, midcorner and exit of the last chicane without contact. Respect.
I had then good pace and was catching somebody but going int T1 I braked as usual and that was too lat and I plowed into his back :dead:. Really sorry about that. I waited for him to rejoin but he kindly told me to continue so I was a car in front of him. I arrived to @Battenberg again and we had good fight once again.I had a bit of a clear air and I put 2 purple laps catching @Jeff[NL] until I lost it into the T3/4 complex.Down to 8th and again met @Battenberg. Nice battle again but then he plowed into me into T3 and we both lost some places. When rejoined, I found myself again in 8th which I finish. So ups and downs but good racing and good battles.

Rant begins:
What I also noticed was people just chickened out of the racing at the last hour. I just don't believe that so many people have to work until night and they get the notice 5 mins before leaving. But whatever. On TS there was someone who joined for chat and somebody asked "Are you racing tonight? His reply was "Nah, i didn't do any practice as I couldn't be bothered to do some so I'm not racing" .... nice respect to all organizators. I had have to spend some time with extending all tracks to accomodate 32 cars and then find out that only 19 people of all 40 sign ups are racing. I don't care, I can race with only 5 people with similar pace as I have and still have the best time of racing, sometimes you only need 1 car around you to have fun, but still, shame on you who just didn't bother to race. People who really couldn't attend is obviously no problem.
Rant over.

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, what game were you talked about that is like SpaceX? That you fly with space rocets etc? sounded interesting and worth a look :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, what game were you talked about that is like SpaceX? That you fly with space rocets etc? sounded interesting and worth a look :)
Space Kerbal Program. You can get it for under 5 euro in every key shop of your desire. Super awesome game to relax down a little bit :)

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Mazy CZ for your hard work!

i agree with you... If you can attend, not practicing is not a good reason to not race. And I'm saying this because we all need to have people to race with and have fun battles. I will never be as quick as some of you here (although in the second race I found myself 4th, go figure!) so the slower ones like me need people around as well... It is not just out of respect for the organizers, it is to enjoy racing to its full potential.

I didn't practice for this race (I did for the first one and wasn't much quicker hehehe) and I still had a lot of fun, although because of it, made a bunch of mistakes - you are welcome @hinesy32 .

Both in the first and second race I had a good feeling trying to defend or attack cars around, and i think we were around the 1,27s... faaaar from the guys in front.

Don't stop racing! If you haven't practiced, be careful, drive within your limits... 2 races of 30 minutes give ample time to get a little better and have a lot of fun...

See you ALL in the next one!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
you are welcome @hinesy32 .

Ha, yes, we were both unfortunate at times. Still, we were close for many laps which was good and I think we were a similar pace.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
@Alex Salmon was behind and just before the hairpun he just overtook me. Not cool man. Why do you have to do this? This behaviour just pisses me off.

Look man I apologised and tried talk to you after quali, It wasn’t malicious i didn’t realise you were building a gap you moved right as if to let me past. From my experience of this track people usually make space before the last chicane so it was just a misunderstanding.
Tbh it happens sometimes, don’t think it ruined your quali. I just don’t understand why you have to paint me out like a dickhead for a misunderstanding on the public thread instead of just pulling me aside after the race and having a chat. To me that’s less cool...

Users who are viewing this thread