RL Meet & Greet: 24 Hours of Nürburgring 2020 | 24 - 27 September 2020 (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So...
@Cluck : Message unclear... please repeat.
Oh, there's always one who can't get the message loud and clear :rolleyes:

Since it so obviously wasn't clear (I don't think 6 words have ever dripped so much with sarcasm since my father told my mother "of course I love you darling"), I'll try once more

In

The opposite of out

Take the first two letters out of the word 'shin' and what do you get? That's right, "in", which is what I am. I'm so far in the holiday is pregnant already.

(obviously I'm being sarcastic and didn't take a slightest bit of offence at Feanor's post, just in case that wasn't really obvious)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm also not out, just like @Cluck

If that wasn't clear I'm 100% in... see you in Germany (hopefully, if the world doesn't crumble again)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Count me in, will probably be able to come anyways maybe early weekend :)
Eventhough simexpo is earlier in the month.

Last edited:

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm still in, but with the cancelation of octoberfest, I doubt they will allow spectators if the race happens at all.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Small update regarding the 24 Hours of Nürburgring in September:
The Nürburgring Langstrecken-Serie (VLN) has received a permit from the district of Ahrweiler for its races starting on 27 June.

With a hygiene plan in place, it is allowed to run in front of empty grandstands and it is thought the ADAC Nordrhein can use this concept as a basis.

However, it will be more difficult for the Nurburgring 24 Hours because considerably more personnel are used and need to occupy enclosed spaces.

I am not sure how to proceed further. What do you guys think? Maybe aim for 2021 and leave 2020? I don't know anymore :/

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I would rather wait another year and enjoy it fully, than go with loads of restrictions in place. It’s a shame but it is what it is :/
I agree with you. Also "empty grandstands" implies that we won't be allowed there anyways.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Agree to cancel it for this year. Seems the best solution for now.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
+1 on all of the above.
I want to enjoy the full experience.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah same here! Lets do this next year.

Without having discussed this with Manu, I'm still in possesion of your money guys. No worries, we have an excel sheet so the information is still safe in the cloud ;-).

As we did with the people that opted out for september, we can do the same for people needing it right away: pls PM me!
If not, my suggestion is to keep it for next year... or just start over and I will transfer immediately everything so we can get rid of the excel sheet.
Not much of a problem for me either way... but if too many people want their money back (cuz its going to be another year) I can imagine and I would rather than have a clean sheet and not owe anybody anything ;-)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that 2020 is pretty much a write-off as far as events like this go. It's frustrating as hell but, in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty trivial. In the words of the recently departed Vera Lynn...

We'll meet again

Also, the delay will give me extra time to stock up on coffee and get the Jag properly run in :D

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For those who really want to meet.
You can always go on VR chat and make a map of the circuit :dead:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that 2020 is pretty much a write-off as far as events like this go. It's frustrating as hell but, in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty trivial. In the words of the recently departed Vera Lynn...

We'll meet again

Also, the delay will give me extra time to stock up on coffee and get the Jag properly run in :D

Jonathan, we also have to take that Jag-Alfa photo mate next year! But let's make it just a photo and not a video, as my Bella can never match that growl of the Jaaaaaaag! :-D

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah same here! Lets do this next year.

Without having discussed this with Manu, I'm still in possesion of your money guys. No worries, we have an excel sheet so the information is still safe in the cloud ;-).

As we did with the people that opted out for september, we can do the same for people needing it right away: pls PM me!
If not, my suggestion is to keep it for next year... or just start over and I will transfer immediately everything so we can get rid of the excel sheet.
Not much of a problem for me either way... but if too many people want their money back (cuz its going to be another year) I can imagine and I would rather than have a clean sheet and not owe anybody anything ;-)

I think the best course is to give money back and start on a clean slate for next year. I imagine it's uncomfortable having other people's money for so long.

So sad it's not happening! Next year.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nah, spend all the money on hookers and blow @Col_McCoy . If there's any left over, buy a cup of coffee or something :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread