Revolution Cup - Season 5 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There are 2 reasons for the smaller splits. Individual liveries are one of them, track choice is the other - by running a 32-car split, we severely restrict the roster of tracks that we can race at.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
There are 2 reasons for the smaller splits. Individual liveries are one of them, track choice is the other - by running a 32-car split, we severely restrict the roster of tracks that we can race at.

If so, each team has two liveries, right? Because there: https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/revolution-cup-season-5-league-information.1440/ it says that each team only has 1 livery. If there are enough of them, I see nothing prohibiting us from running a "proper" team with #1 and #2 instead of two #1's.

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
I guess the times in Time Trial are somehow not representable to one's abilities in actual race.. (or at least I can say this for myself..definitely not quicker that Cluck :) ).
Probably forced Default setups would be better for this I guess..

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep, TT performance is only 1 of the few factors we consider when deciding splits. I for one race much better than I time trial (I just don't have the patience). We'll also consider past form, experience, set up knowledge and even in some cases leadership qualities when deciding who is pro & am, and which split they end up in.

Last edited:

F4H Murphy

Community Member
Reaction score
Few questions as this is my first league on here.

When will we be able to select liveries/teammates?
How long before a race is the weather and time of day info released?
We run to the white lines or game limits?
Will the races be streamed? and if so where?
Races are all rolling or standing start?

Cheers

Probably forced Default setups would be better for this I guess..
Tend to agree with this

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't remember there was a season prologue in season 4 (my first RC) what is the purpose of that and how is it different from the regular races?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Few questions as this is my first league on here.

When will we be able to select liveries/teammates? Once the time-trial period has concluded, we will allocate every driver their split along with their 'Pro' or 'Am' status. At that point you are able to pick your teammate and your livery.

How long before a race is the weather and time of day info released? Good question, I'll let one of the other admin answer but I would hope we are able to give everybody 5 days at the very minimum. The weather will go up when the race thread itself appears.

We run to the white lines or game limits? White lines, with at least 2 wheels/tyres always on or within those lines. We do not use the ingame features at all (including the in-game ranking system)

Will the races be streamed? and if so where? Yes and it also looks like both splits will have commentary. As for where, I expect YouTube but we'll have more info later.

Races are all rolling or standing start? These races will all be Manual Rolling Start

Cheers
I've answered your questions as best I can but if there's anything incorrect or missing, one of my fellow @Admins will no doubt step in :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is what happens when I try and answer stuff, I get it wrong :D. Thanks drukqs, I'll edit my post above :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when I try and answer stuff, I get it wrong :D. Thanks drukqs, I'll edit my post above :)
Rolling starts in an open wheel class other than Indycar seems rather weird tbh...

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My only concern is that it might add the +5min extra per race totalling 10 min more minutes on a race format that is already prone to delays due to the usual '5min break for smoke' between races that is extended to 10min from my experience, and also the time the game takes between qualifiying sessions and races.
I'm happy to race all night, but around the time the races are finishing someone that just worked a 12h shift at the Hospital is arriving home, and would like to have dinner ready and my company :).

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
My only concern is that it might add the +5min extra per race totalling 10 min more minutes on a race format that is already prone to delays due to the usual '5min break for smoke' between races that is extended to 10min from my experience, and also the time the game takes between qualifiying sessions and races.

Especially on the sprint races, a rolling start would add at least 20% (or two minutes) to the total time. If the lobby setting allow only 5 minute steps, then it would even add 50 % on the total time or make the race significantly shorter.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just to confirm what @Cluck originally stated, this season we will be running standing start for all races. The original Post has been updated to reflect this.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So with the standing start, there will not be a check if anyone has issues with their wheel / pedals?

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
So with the standing start, there will not be a check if anyone has issues with their wheel / pedals?

Even with a rolling start, you can't attend the race if your wheel drops dead because you can't reconnect.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Even with a rolling start, you can't attend the race if your wheel drops dead because you can't reconnect.

Just asking incase the person ahead of me cannot get off the line and I need to dodge instantly.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would strongly advise that everybody checks their throttle and wheel works as soon as they are in their car. If they have no controls, then they are to retire to the pits immediately, to avoid any potential for collisions. You can see your wheels and will hear your throttle, so there can be no excuses for somebody suddenly finding, on the green light, that they have no control.

kaleeb42

Community Member
Reaction score
The chief reason DRS cannot be monitored is that it ONLY shows the animation on the driver's car. We tested this, to see if it was possible to watch other drivers using it but the animation does not show on other cars (to be fair it is a bit of a waste of resources but, in this instance, would have been nice to see). That it is such a subtle change to the wing only makes it that much harder to spot anyway.

It's going to be a simple "use it as much as you like" rule for all qualifying and race sessions. Simple fact is, you need to map a button for it and you need to learn to use it :)

The preseason test will, involve a race, yes :)

If you do, then please post it as a new post. Do NOT edit your existing post or your times will not be updated.

As a note to everybody for the future, please don't be in a rush to post your times, there are absolutely no prizes for being quick to post a time! Once you are certain that you have given it everything you have got, then post the times you achieved. I'm going to be honest and say that it both reduces our workload and avoids the potential for recording the wrong time for you, by not having to go through the thread multiple times looking for new times :)

I did a lot more laps and I can't improve my times, so it's not a problem. I was just curious what I should do if I were to improve substantially. I've actually gone slower trying to push faster, so my times are pretty representative of what I can do.

Now I know for the future though to put in a lot more laps before posting times.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread