Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there any chance that at least one race of Split 2 gets streamed and commentated? I'd really love to see "our" action with pro-commentary of "The 2 Germans".

(I know one is Australian Austrian, just teasing ;))

Well we could make something happen for the Finale. But that would mean Split 2 is racing earlier and split 1 a little bit Later.

Only Option we really got.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But even then you can still drive with a map, and relative position list?

Yes that is one of the only exceptions, but always best to know who is around aiming for you :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
nope, no map for me. Eyes need to stay on the road. Relative I consider a mandatory requirement from RSR when racing (you could at least realistically have a spotter telling you what's coming up. In fact, the relative board is so fuzzy in VR the only thing I can get from it is whether the next car is blue or red. Everything else I ask crew chief for.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
nope, no map for me. Eyes need to stay on the road. Relative I consider a mandatory requirement from RSR when racing (you could at least realistically have a spotter telling you what's coming up. In fact, the relative board is so fuzzy in VR the only thing I can get from it is whether the next car is blue or red. Everything else I ask crew chief for.
Hmm i have never had any problems with anything on my VR being fuzzy, its all very clear.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

I only have the map on screen for other peoples safety, so I can easily see if when I'm going to be lapped and so I can rejoin the track without traffic if when I spin off.

I have nothing else onscreen at all, the rest of the info is either on my Tablet(dashboard)* or in my ears(crewchief)

*because Im a non-VR peasant..

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I only have the map on screen for other peoples safety, so I can easily see if when I'm going to be lapped and so I can rejoin the track without traffic if when I spin off.

I have nothing else onscreen at all, the rest of the info is either on my Tablet(dashboard)* or in my ears(crewchief)

*because Im a non-VR peasant..
It's the sad side effect of VR that I can't have many screens of cool dashboards I don't understand....

EDIT: I'd never really thought about it from the safety pov. perhaps I should reconsider.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I try to have nothing on my screen (no hud) for full concentration on driving. Sometimes I turn on hud just for overlapping or overlapped cars just because of safety or distance to car in front. But I tend to drive without everything.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
IMO the relative box should be activ no matter with what you are driving.

It tells you who is physically in Front or behind you. Also a very nice indicator if someone is side by side with you (if it shows 0.1 or 0.0 u can be sure someone is at ur door).

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

It tells you who is physically in Front or behind you. Also a very nice indicator if someone is side by side with you (if it shows 0.1 or 0.0 u can be sure someone is at ur door).
Sure, but real "art" is to know everything that without looking at hud info (with crew chief) , like in rl driving.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score

but you also get this from the map to an extent...if there is a dot overlapping your arrow you are in close proximity with someone. proximity arrows/crewchief will tell you which side (although it's usually obvious if you have been paying attention)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sure, but real "art" is to know everything that without looking at hud info (with crew chief) , like in rl driving.
The trouble with that approach is that we're not real life racing drivers, we're a bunch of nerds sitting behind computer screens playing a game (and yes, that applies every bit as much to me as everybody else!). Real-life racing drivers have actionable consequences from their racing (financial and health) so they take greater care to be aware of who is around them. Not every one of us has that level of awareness so we have to take account of those that might not have the greatest awareness.

In short, yes, it's nice to drive without those things but it actually creates a more dangerous racetrack for us all as a result.

EDIT : I have the position, relative and damage information on my screen because that is what I need to be better aware of what's going on, when I need to look at it. 99% of the time, I am focussed on the track and the immediate surroundings, but I regularly (as in, multiple times a lap) check the relative box to see if I'm gaining on the car in front or if the car behind is gaining/losing ground. It's all about awareness. If you know what's happening, you can't get a nasty surprise.

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
You didn't quite understand me. I am not against hud but I try to switch it off every time I can. That means in the start when it's tight field I turn every information on. Later when heat is low I switch it of to enjoy the immersion and pretend it's real life racing . Again when I need i turn hud on again .. And so on...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You didn't quite understand me. I am not against hud but I try to switch it off every time I can. That means in the start when it's tight field I turn every information on. Later when heat is low I switch it of to enjoy the immersion and pretend it's real life racing . Again when I need i turn hud on again .. And so on...
I should add, Dama, I only quoted your post for relevance, it wasn't a criticism directed at you :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I should add, Dama, I only quoted your post for relevance, it wasn't a criticism directed at you :)
I know Cluck, but I just wanted to make it clear. I type on a mobile phone in English so my words can be interpreted in many ways xD

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
When I feel I've lost concentration I do exactly the same, the HUD goes off.

I also get what @Cluck and @t0daY are saying (and as mentioned I do use the relative), but I would like to develop my actual awareness. 0.0/0.1 doesn't actually tell you if someone is diving inside and there is plenty to focus on. As I've added a few races under the belt I'm getting better at glancing and absorbing the information quickly though.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Just be running some laps around Watkins Glen and turn 2 is making me really queezy, anyone else finding this. Not sure if I can take an hour of it. Anyway of reducing this?

Both World of Movement and G-Force Effect are already at 0

Don't get this in any other sim.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just be running some laps around Watkins Glen and turn 2 is making me really queezy, anyone else finding this. Not sure if I can take an hour of it. Anyway of reducing this?

Both World of Movement and G-Force Effect are already at 0

Don't get this in any other sim.
Have you tried turning up the world movement? I have mine on 50 as both locking the view to the horizon and to the chassis makes me queezy.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't run world movement on 0, it's not good in VR with inclines. Run 10, if you want a low value. I have mine on 50 (like Battenberg) but for me it's only because other values don't feel right, as I've been on 50 since world movement was added to pCARS1.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Oh my days!! that is soooooo much better. I was obviously reading the help notes wrong. It was like being on a small boat in rough seas the bonnet was bouncing that much, thanks chaps :D

Reactions: Tom

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Important Announcement regarding Sakitto Pit Entry

It has been brought to our attention that there is a potential problem with the pit-entry at Sakitto. After analysing the track, we can confirm that there is a problem with the very first sausage kerb, to the left of the pit-lane entry. You MUST stick within the white lines and avoid this kerb at all costs.

If you enter the pit-lane too fast, and run wide to the left (on entry), you will fall into the missing mesh here.

It is YOUR responsibility to slow down enough to avoid running wide.

We will remind everybody again in the appropriate thread and in the driver briefing but, also, please be extra careful to announce you are entering the pit-lane for this race.
Please also be very careful if attempting to pass other drivers at this point - pushing another driver into this mesh (deliberately or accidentally) will result in severe penalties being applied to the offending driver.

All season 4 members, please see above post

@Alex Salmon @Battenberg @Cluck @Col_McCoy @Elodyr @EVR Morvic @fab. ICEMAN @Feanor @Hujkis @Jamesl91 @JetPistol @miagi @Nighttiger @ProjectPD @Puffpirat @SBart_uk @CatchAGlimpse @Cornworld @CrisBCros @Dutchtastic @Eugene Flerko @Eugene Gajkin @FlyingKman @grobi0815 @Jonno @Nada @Nakor @SillySausage @steveg200 @stolnikas @Taorminator @TheDoctor46 @2scoops @Alex du Plessis @Ashnoom @Dama_The_Crow @Darksi @drukqs @FuBii @Invincible @Loxias @Mark @mikeysalmon27 @Pete Morrish @Shepard @SlowBloke @Stokemon @xImJakeyy @atmosfearic34 @benimi @Damian Hall @dominiczeth @Freak Superman @Henri @Jaco P. @Mearcat @Morne Eloff @Peter Bennett @Ranjanado @Reapper[ZA] @The Breeze @UnstopaPaul @Yammie916 @zevme

EDIT : I just want to add, with my super-moderator hat on, this is not up for discussion in terms of "change the track", "pCARS2 bugs lol" etc. We will not be changing the circuit, as this is unfair to the many members who will have put a lot of practice in already. We cannot do anything about this missing mesh so it is on us, as drivers in the race, to avoid it. The bug has now been reported to SMS so we can only hope that it will be fixed in due course (it goes without saying that there is no likelihood of this being patched by itself and certainly not by Monday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread