Revolution Cup - Season 4 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 4. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First and foremost, thanks so much to the entire team that makes this possible. It's much appreciated. Overall it was great. Well run, and inclusive.

Which car would you like to drive for season 4?
For season 5? Open wheeler downforcy thing definition. My first choice would be Formula Renault 3.5, but I understand that would need careful consideration due to the ability to lose a wheel
This to me was the best part. The motivation of having a team mate to play off against as well as share ideas and strats. This made it much different to turning up in a lobby once a week. Even if you took it out I would search for someone like-minded to prep with.
I really liked this. Like many I'm a busy guy, so this allowed me to plan other things I wanted to get done for the off weeks. I definitely didn't just over-practice for the first race back after each break.

I have very little opinion on tracks yet - every track you announce is new to me! I'm sure I'll have favourites soon enough. Everyone has the same track to contend with though.

On the weather/conditions front, I understand both arguments, but it was only silverstone where it seemed that the race might not have gone ahead on real life. I personally struggle with night races because it seems to tank the frame rate in PC2 ( I think its all the extra headlight reflections). Less night races are a boon for me from that point of view.

It would be great to see the calendar updates immediately after the previous race (or the week before when the gap is 2 weeks). I'd understand it if you were hiding the weather til late on, but the only things we are generally waiting on are qualifying start time (something any race calendar would plan in advance) and what speed time progression is going to run. The same general comment for the results / table updates, it would be lovely if these were up sooner. Of course, I totally understand people have their own lives to run too. Perhaps there is something programmatic I can do to help?

thanks again. I'm having a well earned rest now! I can't wait for season 5 though.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
It would be great to see the calendar updates immediately after the previous race (or the week before when the gap is 2 weeks). I'd understand it if you were hiding the weather til late on, but the only things we are generally waiting on are qualifying start time (something any race calendar would plan in advance) and what speed time progression is going to run.

Just FYI regarding this, the entire season calendar including tracks, dates, weather, race duration and start time can all be found from day one in the League Information > Race Calendar thread. Just so you know for next season :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just FYI regarding this, the entire season calendar including tracks, dates, weather, race duration and start time can all be found from day one in the League Information > Race Calendar thread. Just so you know for next season :)
...except for the information I listed....which only gets put on when the calendar comes out - the time of the qualifying and the conditions. of the qualifying

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i am already thinking about this for some time so here goes nothing :).

Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.):

Positive: i was super pumped until the last race, and i trained hard for every race i raced. This speaks volumes of how did i enjoy this championship. Well organized, good competition, nice atmostphere in general, absolutely a joy to drive :). I think the tracks were well chosen for the class. I'm not super fan with GTE but i actually enjoyed. As for weather, i'll make more comments below.

Neutral: some extra unecessary chat, and noises on Team Speak, and usually 10min delays, but this was mitigated a lot when drivers were allowed in the server at the start of the breafing. Big improve.

Negative: lot's of unecessary carnage and overexcited drivers.

Which car would you like to drive for season 4?

I would lilke to risk an open wheel championship, with probably one of the best cars in the game: Formula Renault 3.5, with a gentlemans agreement banning DRS for the sake of safety.

However if we do not risk an open wheel championship, i think we should go to a slower vintage championship for closer races and perhaps 2 sprint races per night with 2nd race reverse grid. I am thinking Group A (i think the class is well balanced expect the Ford which is much faster than the other cars) or Group 5.

How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?

Cool stuff, really enjoyed working with my teammate :).

How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)

Every 3 weeks i work late shift so i am unable to join the race. I also go to Portugal sometimes so well...what can i say...I enjoy the shedule, but perhaps Sundays would be optimal for me.

Do you have any other general feedback?

Weather: we should use like 6 weather slots for some crazy scenarios, like a storm on the last 5 minutes of the race, or a rain shower on the beginning or in the middle of the race: this would create really interesting different strategies as i think the weather on this championship did not create a lot of options as everyone had to follow the same strategy.

Points System: I know a lot of ppl don't like this, but i am always in favor of i.e. for every 6 races a championship has, remove the worst race (including DNS DNF) from the points, like F1 had in the 1980's. I think most of us for one reason or another will not be able to join all the races and this will keep everyone in the competition.

Let's go to the next one! Chop chop!

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
I don't have to say much here, i liked it.
Would also like a Open Wheeler like F Renault. But also slower Vintage Cars can be very nice to drive. But Favorite is the Formula Renault for me :)
That's a thing i do like much. Can't say negative things about that.
It's ok. For my part i would like a Race every two weeks but it's also ok how it is.
The Starting Procedure was a Mess sometimes (First Corner Pileup). But Don't know what to do against this.
It would be nice if we can find someone who also Broadcast Split 2.
For me personally the Season was a bit tough... Not much time and when i had time i was very tired already. I would prefer it when we could start one hour earlier.
Otherwise it was fun in the Races, even if i was only able to make 3 of them (damn Real Live!)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i dont have much feed back but i will state what id like to see next season.

My top pick .. Touring cars followed by the clio, gt5, group A, ginetta jnr or the ginetta gt4.
Id like to see a 2 race format prehaps a reverse grid top 10 or top 15. Have fixed weather as we all know the weather change in pcars is not that reliable lol. And thats it im a simple kind of person with simple needs lol...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
...except for the information I listed....which only gets put on when the calendar comes out - the time of the qualifying and the conditions. of the qualifying

Usually the qualifying is 1 hour earlier than the race start and has only the first weather slot of the estimated weather in the race :)

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)
  • Stream of each race was superb, thanks to @t0daY, @The Wayfaerer and @Jonno
  • Track/car choices were on point
  • Stewarding for any incidents have been very fair and proportionate

Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
Single seaters would be pretty cool... I'm open for anything, I'll still be signing up!

Worked really well, I liked teaming up with a faster driver and having a "team championship" to challenge for. I'd like to see a return of this for the next season.

No complaints :)

Big thank you to all of the RSR team for their time and effort in running this great racing community. I'll definitely be back for Season 5!!

I really don't have a massive amount of feedback other than I thoroughly enjoyed the whole season :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Usually the qualifying is 1 hour earlier than the race start and has only the first weather slot of the estimated weather in the race :)
I worked on that assumption, but its the "usually" that I was hoping to avoid... :)

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My only complain about the track selection, is Sakito, but that's onyl personal preference (the track to close enough for Suzuka for me to mix them up, but it's too far for actually put my Suzuka experiance to use, so I just turn the wrong way every second lap). I understand there is only so many tracks we can do 32 drivers on. Maybe some technical tracks next time as well, like Monaco?
GTE seemed to be an exelent choice, the class feels well balalnced, I'm just dissapointed how many Ford GTs and Ferrari 488s were selected.
On the weather front, I'd like to see more random weather slots in the calandar, maybe half of the races, or that would be too much?
I'd like to keep it with the class format, I know a one-make champinship is fairer, but a well balanced class can lead to more interesting battles since people can build on the strengths and weaknesses of the cars.
I'd like to see LMP900 with a nerf for the R8, or maybe TC, Track B, Track A (I don't know how well the last 2 balanced to be honset)
A Team Championship can give an another dimension of exitment for the League, I would definitelly keep it.
Don't tell this anyone, but I actually enjoy being the supporting driver for a faster teammate, from time to time.
From my experiance, anything can really work, if you announce it far enough in advance, except breaks longer than 1 week. Those are killing the mood.
Not really a feedback, but please wait with the next seasn until I can get a new wheel :shame: pleeeease.

Thanks for hosting for everybody who helped making this event. I enjoyed it very much!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This again was a great season, and best so far. I really like that during driver briefing we can join in server and actually start driving in time.
Maybe we need to point more to "problem" about needed more caution in first-corner after start to avoid unnecessary crashes and ruining game for people. Race is not won by first corner diving.
I would love to see GT4 cars in next season. I think they are more tense in term of close driving (just remember Ginetta Junior cup) for competition of this kind.
Nice thing. Me and my teammate communicated and shared info about races and that adds some seriousness in team-league racing.
This is best way for everybody to find time for practice and actual race between real life obligations.
Just to say thank you for all staff of RSR doing what you do to make this community best.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind! (track choices, car choice, weather, etc.)

Good
GTE's was a great choice - Nicer than the normal /standard / overdone GT3s - and well balanced.
The team setup - 1xPro + 1xAm is a great feature!
Calendar - Was really great, just gutted I missed the first 3 races :(
Driving standards - really enjoyed sharing the track with these guys!
Organisation - Nothing I would change on that - great stuff, and very much appreciated!
Race coverage - Awesome to watch the race again with great commentary!

Neutral
Track limits (hands up if you knew that was coming? :p ) - I didn't really see many issues, but personally, I would lke to see the in-game track penalties turned on. It looks to be rare to be anything other than using the White lines. While the in-game system is not perfect, it's can certainly catch some things.
Again, I don't think cutting / extending is really a big issue here (which is awesome!!!) but I don't see any harm in switching it on.
Weather - I'm not convinced the track live sync is working 100% still - so I'm nervous of rain just now...

Bad
I should have signed up from the start!

Which car would you like to drive for season 5?
I will drive more or less anything.
Personally I like a single make series - mainly because most classes seam to have 1 or maybe 2 cars that seam to have an edge over the rest. But it is nice to see some variety on the grid.
I'm not a fan of open wheelers with wings - They tend to be so fast that any difference between drivers pace is magnified.
I can only talk of experience from a recent Ginetta G40J league I was in, but that provided the best racing I've ever been part of. It ran with default setups (which I also really liked - but I don't think having that open would increase the gaps too much) and a full grid would give a Qually grid spread of a little over 1 second.
Easy to drive (helps the slower guys to keep up) and was pure bumper to bumper racing (we ran reverse grid for every 2nd race on the race night).
Essentially, the faster the car, the bigger the gap between drivers (In general - but certainly between 1st > last).
The slower the car, the more action you will get on track.
Personal choice? Something like the Porsche GT4 (or any GT4 I guess) But I can't remember what you guys have already run recently, as I have feeling that has already been done (I'm late to the party :( )
The Merc / BMW of Group A could also be a great specticle!
Or maybe the Touring Car class (Thankfully there is a BMW to give Right Wheel Drive!)

Really liked this! Should prevent team domination, and also promote helping the slower guys to catch up = better racing!
Keep this :)

Joined late, so can't comment on that, but I like the shorter season, and a little break is nice to let ppl spend a bit more time on an upcoming track they need to work on.

A great league - Awesome place to race!

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know a few people have suggested open wheelers but it is unlikely they will ever feature in the Cup. The risks are too great, with the slightest contact resulting in lost wings.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
The risks are too great
Would rate you 'Chicken' due to cluck (which I will always do from now on), but it might be seen as calling you chicken for not using open wheelers, which is certainly not my intention! (correct choice!)

But at least you now know why I will rate your posts 'Chicken' in future :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I know a few people have suggested open wheelers but it is unlikely they will ever feature in the Cup. The risks are too great, with the slightest contact resulting in lost wings.

chicken rated :).

i understand is perfectly valid.
then my suggestion as i mentioned is for a slower class where the racing is more wheel to wheel and gaps between first and last are shorter.
as i mentioned my suggestion is for a vintage class, group a. its a very balanced class exept the ford that has an op top speed so we could rule that car out...or make it a single make competion, with the merc or bmw :).

my 2 cents on this

Last edited:

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome to get Group A's to work with the BMW + Merc + Sierra. but would need the track selection to make the Sierra balanced.
But if the tracks worked. how good would it be to have that Sierra zip past on the straights, but for the BM / Merc to fight back on the corners.
Hard to balance correctly - maybe some tracks would favour the Ford - some the BM / Merc

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It would be awesome to get Group A's to work with the BMW + Merc + Sierra. but would need the track selection to make the Sierra balanced.
But if the tracks worked. how good would it be to have that Sierra zip past on the straights, but for the BM / Merc to fight back on the corners.
Hard to balance correctly - maybe some tracks would favour the Ford - some the BM / Merc

Group A also has the Audi Quattro (DLC car but available...its actually my go to car :D) and the Nissan Skyline. Those 2 along with tbe BM and Merc are quite similar (the quattro has 4 wheel drive ofc) in terms of performance/agility. The Sierra as you correctly mentioned has an insane top speed but is a very wild beast with that turbo on 100%, but on the hands of a capable driver is probably unbeatable in the series unless it is a very slow twisting track.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Not tired the Audi / Nissan yet to be fair - if those 4 are fairly balanced, just those 4 would be enough to be rather awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread