Revolution Cup - Season 2 - Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following :-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 3?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
  • How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • How did you like the new schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Something with ABS...
Small add-on: If S3 will be on PC2, then I would love a Porsche Cayman GT4 cup.

The team championship was great! Although I think @Cluck needs a better teammate next time :p
The schedule worked pretty well for me with the breaks. So one could relax a bit for a week ;)

Last edited:

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Awesome season, The track selection was extremely nice, car was also nice, I also liked the different weather, the only thing that was missing for me was a night race
  • car for next season: Indycar, something GTish or Stockcar
  • Awesome idea, but i also liked the idea of season 1 where you were racing for your nation
  • How did you like the new schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...): Really great idea, as i have put a lot of effort in this season with all the testing and training the breaks after 2 races were more than welcome
Thanks to all the Admins and Members for making this possible

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • Great car, challenging at times and setting it up has been a true endeavour. I enjoyed the track selection and the weather too. I would have loved a thunderstorm ;)
Which car would you like to drive for season 3?
  • I've not checked the car list for pCars 2 yet. I'd love to race a tintop car and maybe do a multiclass style? GT3 - GT4 (although AOR has been doing GT3).
Do you have any other general feedback?
  • Great clean league, awesome and fair competition. Just a shame the sim isn't 70% working from time to time.
How did you like the Team Championship (Am/Pro)?
  • Love the dimension given to it. Although some AM drivers should have been PRO for sure ...
How did you like the new schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
  • Perfect, Gave a bit of time to get the setups done or get your mind off things.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I am not sure I would want to do another season before the sequel is out but if it was the Clio I am sure it would tempt me, beyond that anything tin-top and fairly slow, Aston GT4 being my favourite non-clio choice (from this game, there would be something higher up the list from pCars 2)
The Caterham was a definite challenge and although push to pass did add something to the racing I never particularly enjoyed the car that much (apart from at Monza when I had great pace/setup and the damn steering ratio bug).
Really liked this aspect of it, added another dimension and gave some additional interesting rivalries. Shame I was soundly beaten by @2scoops (even with 2 DNFs to my 1) when I was supposed to be the PRO though :oops:
Format was good, I think any more breaks would have made it drag on a bit too much and any more than 2 weeks in a row or the same car gets a bit repetitive.

Personally however (and this is not because of the schedule so much as just me racing too much) I am feeling a bit burnt out on Project Cars at the moment, the minor niggly issues have just felt too frequent and some of the physics quirks have been causing me particular headaches with this car.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Do you have any general feedback?
Was a great championship with nice competitors, nice tracks, a fun yet challenging car. Maybe a bit too much rain...
R.S.01, IndyCar, Megane V6
It's a nice way to prevent two aliens banding together and leaving the rest of the teams by the wayside. Also a good opportunity for the AM to learn something from the PRO.
Downside is that some people can't form a team even though they would love to because they are both in the same category. And obviously there will always be the question whether some AMs should be PROs and vice versa.
All in all I think it worked quite well.
Was really nice because it fits quite well with my work shifts.

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
Great organzing and appreciate the competion. It's not a big deal but it would be great if the Q could start at the scheduled time, not 20 mins later as it sometimes does. After the lobby it setup someone has some kind of problems and the start of the race is even later. It usually takes about 1 hour after the race when Sandman comes to visit so that makes my early mornings a heck.

I would like a short 5 min warm up session after the Q so one could make a short Pit stop and setup the car for the Race.
Anything that goes fast.. :D
You guys are doing great work.. keep it up!
I think it was ok to mix things up and i got great help from @SBart_uk which helped me get better during the season.
I like racing every week..

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Season 2 was awesome. Car was excellent, tracks choice also. I like Split 1 and 2 way of selecting. In Season 1 I was in Split 1 and aliens were destroying my self esteem :p but in Season 2 Split 2 I was more competitive and because of that all races was true blast
Anything with closed wheels, and not too slow. Maybe some GT4....
Interesting stuff. This year I totally missed post about choosing a teammate..... :banghead:
I think it's the best possible way to schedule races. Every week race is a bit overkill because of job-house-wife-kids-sports-friends obligations... So I hope for next RSR Cup in P cars 2, you will left same way to schedule the races: Monday 2+1 ;)

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Last race too long for my liking - I just cant keep concentration up beyond an hour. Im probably in the minority there though.
Something that is great racing - usually slower more controllable cars - I like the idea of the Clio / GT4. Although LMP2 is also mighty tempting and usually very controllable. (If we are in Pcars 2 maybe the Ginetta G40 GT5 160hp car would be nice.... slow but still a little pep).

Multiclass might also be exciting as lapping keeps things interesting when you dont have someone to race with directly.

We could have 2 splits for volume but assign classes based on speed - maybe even put the aliens in the GTE and the slower guys in the LMP2 in the same split :)

Edit - thinking about it that would be a problem if people didnt want to be in that specific class / car but I still like the idea.
Is season 3 in PCars 2 assuming release date is set ?
Didnt really add much for me to be honest - although I like the idea I look at myself more as AM because my knowledge is very limited to non existent on setups hence I really didnt have anything to share with my AM partner who could not race after 2 races anymore.

What would be very cool is if we had either teams based on setup knowledge or maybe even have an official starting suggested setup provided per race by one of the gurus so everyone can benefit ?

Setups make such massive difference - I could gain 3-4 seconds per lap depending on the track with the right setup.
I like the break in between - every other week works fine for me too. Once a week is probably pushing it.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's been a great season, the admins did a top job to run this cup flawlessly. I loved watching the stream after the race to come down from all the adrenaline ;)
Are we still an official league and therefore a bit limited in our choice? And will it be pc1 or 2?

The Formula Gulf is really nice but I have bad memories about open wheelers :p Whyyyy ramibooo whyyy you ask ;) GT4 makes for great racing. Maybe something a bit more limited on setup options. The Caterham was super sensitive to tire pressure changes. I like having only one car, supports the "cup" character we have!
Suited me well this time but we could also do a shorter season without break weeks, but one drop result in case real life gets in the way. It's luck with the break weeks anyway if they fit your personal schedule or not.

All in all I want to say thank you for the great season, to the admins, drivers and streamers! It's been a real challenge and I felt completely flat yesterday. Never had the chance to win a cup so I'm feeling very grateful, thank you for the kind words guys :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback,
Well positive.. Really well thought out well organized
Negative.. Well only the usual pcars bugs come to mind..
Neutral. Thats what i spent most my races in..
Something that will create much much closer racing ie something a little slower or something classic.
The only feedback on this i have is. I think we need to look at another option on how to place drivers in lobbys. 1 or 2 drivers in lobby 2 should of really been in split 1 imo..
Really loved this altho i did help others with setups (thats just who i am lol) imo prehaps pro an am is not great as it suggests one is better than the other..
Also might be a good idea to team up 4 drivers but 2 in split 1 and 2 in split 2 then have a big overall championship((great say admins more work to do lol)))
Really liked this as it gave us all a chance to get in that practice for atleast 1 of the next races.

All in all guys i really enjoyed season 2 i was actually competitive with drivers of my own caliber. Just unfortunate to have bad luck in a few races and my gpu having tantrums..
Pps.. Would it be possible to have a vote for season 3 IE you guys pick 3 to 4 cars we all vote same as tracks but keeping the results secret. Think thats a nice idea..

B

Blue Monkey

1. My experience of Revolution Cup:
Oscillation everywhere, most notable Zolder - ruined the experience for me
Trust me I tried nearly everything - either there was not enough info (floaty center) or there was oscillation.
To make matter worse, imo Jack Spades ruined Tweaker Files with Version 3+ ... I had to go find older version.

2a. Car wish for Season 3:
1.) Radical RXC Turbo - I remember some great racing with RSR

2.) Formula Gulf - bring the field closer together, great racing, great battles, big excitement

3.) Formula Rookie - same reason but even more extreme - probably too chaotic races?

2b. Track wish for Season 3:

Everything but short circuits andor unknown tracks (ie. Zhuhai)
Some ideas: Hockenheim GP, Nürburgring GP, Brno, Donington Nat., Dubai Int., Imola, Oschersleben GP, Sakitto GP, Silverstone GP, Willow Springs Int.,

3. More feedback:
  • That with overheating tires (wet race) should have been tested more before the season ... also I think the P2P & weird setup system was in this case one of the reasons for the huge skill gap
  • Too much fog
  • More random weather slots would be nice, this spiced up the Brands Hatch race - in this case I suggest to do random as 3rd slot, so you can't prepare your setup beforehand, it will be a suprise during driving

4. About teams:
The idea was good - I can't say much about how it went but from the outside it looked like not many teams did actually teamstrategies, also because of skillgap and laptime gaps

5. Race schedule:
Rather see "Race - Break - Race - Break ..." enough time also for those who work a lot to prepare

Sorry for not much positive feedback, I think I'm too much used to the high standards of RSR and for me the car & pCARS (not the organization) was a real let down ...

Last edited by a moderator:

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Fantastic organization as usual. I've been more affected by the project cars bugs this season, and that's really the major annoying thing that comes to my mind.

Other than that, I'm still not fund of the 'TeamSpeak' thing. However I feel it was better managed this time, or I'm maybe just getting used to it :)
Assuming we go to Pcars 2, the Ferrari F40. This is probably an awful car to drive, but hey, that's legendary... ^^
Not really.
That's a lovely idea. However, I feel my current teammate @FuBii has more potential and will certainly progress to Pro as soon as he get a decent setup, so we will probably not be able to team-up with him next time. That would be a bit of a disappointment.

But maybe a random 'teammate match' would ease the whole process?
I preferred the 1 break, 1 race, 1 break, 1 race ...

Nevil

Community Member
Reaction score
Anything with paddle shifters ;)

Do you have any other general feedback?

1) Maybe provide a basic setup guide for the next car and some (obvious) pointers for the specific tracks (like bumpy, long gearing, etc) that would really help the drivers with less spare time and/or setup knowledge ;)
2) No last minute changes ;)

A nice way to create mixed teams, which is always a challenge ;)

I actually liked the short breaks!

Thanks to all staff for organising the RSR cup!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Now that the madness of the season is finished & the emotions have settled I'll leave something.
Positives, great season, great race with a lot of people, many notable battles with @jamesl91 with whom I was almost equal with in the dry races, @FlyingKman must've have thought me nuts the last race overtaking him like 3 times in the rain, having to pit a lap afterwards :oops:
Still unsure if sticking me in split 1 was a positive or negative thing with the amount of wet races we had this time around, either way, I had fun which is what it's all about at the end of it.
Nothing to be said about bugs as they're outwith our control.
I need to find a better way of using TS as push to talk with a controller is difficult & doesn't help I have a noisy gf & vocal cat.
Quite like @SlowBloke's idea of toying with a multiclass setup :playful:
This depends on RSR, how soon is the next season? pCars or pCars2?
Formula C in pCars (one of my favourites after the Mono)
Formula Rookie
pCars 2 I want to drive so many
The new Mono (updated engine, like an extra 30bhp if memory serves)
That gorgeous Honda/Acura NSX
The Vulcan
Ferrari F40 :eek:
Shaguar F-Type :cool:
Polo RX
this list goes on & on & on & on...... haha
Who wants to swap their wheel for my controller? :D
Wet races but no wet qualifying with a drying circuit in the race?
Would have been cool to do a night race but the season was probably too short to cover all scenario's.
Enjoyed the car selection, took me 2 races to get the hang of it proper & setting it up to get similar performance/pace as those around me though it was extremely tyre hungry in the wet for me. Struggled to get more than 6 laps at a respectable race pace without killing them entirely, probably the way I drive on a controller with no feedback.
Enjoyed @Jonno's idea of having one team (4 drivers, 1 reserve) across the two splits aswell, could make this work well with slowblokes multiclass idea. 2 lmp2, 2 gt3 one of each in each split :eek:

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, encouraging, testing, swapping car data & further testing was quite fun when myself & @PatatorJohn could do it. Being night shift however made it difficult to do this on a regular basis.
Felt that there was some sandbagging during the time trial phase but the splits seemed pretty equal over the course of the season as the championships came down to the last race, mostly.
I quite enjoyed the schedule as I was able to practise a few races ahead if I had the time & was able to relax more though I can understand if people preferred the week race week break routine.

Massive shout out to the admins, moderators & indeed all members for another great season of hard, close racing. It's certainly forcing me to get faster than I was previously before I signed up. Average lap deficit to the aliens was around 3.6s a lap, got that below 2s on most circuits now :cool:
Itching to practise & race with a wheel for pCars 2 (when I eventually get one :shy:)

Well that turned into a book ahaha, my apologies.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
    • Good league. Good drivers
    • The first two races I sadly missed, once due to a stupid pit bug
    • The third race was "bad" in the regard that many lapped cars were not really adhering to the blue flags
    • The above blue flags issue was way better in race 4 and completely solved in race 5 and 6. So muchos gratias for that!
    • I really liked the weather. I don't mind more rain though to stir things up. I also really liked the random aspect of race 5!
    • Something front wheel drive or a bit BTCC like.
    • To somewhat respond to @Jonno 's remark regarding driver splitting. In my specific case the two time trial tracks were two of my worst tracks. I am really bad at those, sadly due to that I managed to only set a mediocre time for what I could do. Race pace compared I perhaps should have been in split 1. Alas the time trials said something otherwise. Perhaps A combination of time trial + previous achievements could create a better split for the drivers. Weigh the time trial + previous result 50/50 or something.
    • I did like the concept although I feel our team did lack a bit of team-companionship. Because I wasn't there the first two races, and @Johnny Hvidt Hjetting missed two races when I was there. And I also didn't find myself capable enough to help @Johnny Hvidt Hjetting but that is more a problem on my side because in general I am bad at creating setups. (Although the rain races I setup my car myself and it worked :D )
    • I liked this schedule!

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
    • The only thing i can say is i would like to see some more interesting tracks maybe some classics like Rouen (I think the older tracks make for better racing)
    • Other than that I really enjoyed the league and the car
    • Anything open wheel or prototype(ish) again.
    • I really enjoyed the team champ and once I got the setup sorted I could help my team mate out a bit and he got some really good results towards the latter half of the season. Really enjoyed that aspect.
    • Yep it was fine, I think I would prefer 1 race 1 break though.

Last edited:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
- great season, many thanks to all who helped to organise everything.
- I love the different weather including random, but it costs more time to learn the track. (think of a rain race where you don't know the track, so you first better learn it by clear weather and then switch to rain)
- formula rookie or something like the last two. Just one that is a bit resilient to touching. :)
- I found the idea great and had the luck The Wayfaerer asked me, so I could at least win with the Team :)
- We only managed to have one practice session for the last race, perhaps if we had planned such sessions from the beginning the 'Team' aspect would be much more important than it was.
- The Pro/Am thing I think won't work in the long term, because the Pro has not much benefit.
- Other members mentioned the idea of organising practice sessions. If there are members here who really love coaching about different aspects like setup, race strategies, driving, tire management and everything else - that would be great for Am's like me.
- I can live with the new schedule, but racing every two weeks was better for my calendar :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
- Fantastic season, My first as an RSR member. having joined midway through the time trials i quickly got my lap times in and joined split 1. started off at the towards the back but with setup advice from Ramiboo and getting to grips with the car iv managed to give some of the top guys a run for their money during quali at least.

I would love to see a 20 minute quali session as 15mins seems to be a little to short. Another thing i would like to see improved is a different formation lap speed. This could be set in advanced and adjust for different races as some cars its difficult to warm tires/brakes travelling at 50mph. slowing down to a set speed for positioning at end of lap is not a problem.

I would like to see the Formula rookie or Ginetta Junior.

I think this is a great addition to the Revolution cup, consisting of Pro drivers and AM drivers means both can help each other improve. fighting for a team championship gives you a reason not to retire as every point counts.
this is something i think needs to stay long term but maybe as some have already said, the pro/am system is more valuable to Am drivers. Maybe as a team could consist of 3 drivers, 1 pro, 1 advanced and 1 amateur driver, subject to numbers.

Nothing wrong with this format, obviously if more races in the cup calendar this should be changed to give a slightly longer mid season break

Finally, to @RSR Admin @t0daY @FlyingKman @Battenberg @ramiboo and any others iv missed

Thank you for your continued hard work. having only been a member for around 2 months, I have been massively impressed with the commitment from all the admins but especially @t0daY who is regularly still working late at night. I look forward to racing with you all in the future!!:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread