Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 3: Brands Hatch GP (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 3: Brands Hatch GP
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Thursday, March 19, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I don't usually ask this, but this week has been anything but usual. Any advice on fuel/radiator levels?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oof. That was great fun, and the first time I've retired due to fatigue! I crashed by myself at turn 1 in the second race, limped back to the pits, and decided to stay there as I'm feeling the effects of a long day & heavy dinner... :dead:

Thanks @FuBii for the setup. It felt great when driving at 95%, but 96% or higher would make it a twitchy hell! I think I just needed a lot more practice. I eventually got the hang of it, but was nowhere near consistent enough in the races.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Qualifying 1 was fantastic, managed to draft @The Breeze for the entire lap at the end of the session...
start of race 1 startled me, the front was stupidly heavy for no reason:confused:
A very unforgiving track with marginal room for errors.
Round 2 started before I was even back aha. literally put one lap in so I get eat some food after rapidly getting food for the (lazy) missus. :rolleyes:
literally finished eating my own snack 10s before the start of the 2nd race... whilst getting shouted at for not making "a proper dinner" :dead:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I can't get a decent feeling with dd, felt totally not safe and decided to retire, formula v2 rim doesn't really help with this car too:confused:

Edit: switching dd1 to csw 2.5 mode helped getting a decent ffb

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
That was awesome guys! Thanks for the race! 1st quali went very well, first time I managed to copy my fastest practice time during quali. Still a lot to learn..... consistency, focus, focus, focus... tyre management... be more patient....
I should have finished just inside the top ten in 1st race.... I'm sure I'll get on that level one day.
2.5 minutes into the 2nd race I had a great move on @Rargon (I think) on the inside in the Paddock Hill bend, with which I really surprised myself, not to say scared (in case someone decides to make a highlights video ;-).
2nd race concentration was lacking... spun and damaged the car twice.
See you all next round!

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well, I really enjoyed last night, I've been missing some close, side-by-side style racing. Sadly I'm such an idiot that despite running out of fuel on the last corner in race 1 (and coasting across the line), I managed to forget to update my fuel for race 2. Race 2 was much harder fought, and I ended up in too low a gear quite often. So I ran out of fuel while passing for 10th place only 2 corners from the line. I'm such an idiot.

Despite that it was great fun. Thanks all.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome round yesterday! :)

R1 didn't do well, I spinned trying to avoid @miagi and had to climb back up again (Imola flashbacks ahem). I limited the damage and finished P7 and I wished I had one more lap to get that P6.

In R2 I had more luck even though my start was terrible, I avoided two crashes and could spend most of the race in P3 with a safe gap to @Imthecrabby while looking after the tyres as much as possible so they would not fail towards the end of the race. So yeah, a race well managed earns a podium :)

I'll try to put the highlight video together asap :)

LoreGT

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I never had a race as close fought as this, let alone two in the same night! Me and @Puffpirat basically spent an entire hour less than a second away from each other. In Race 1 the track felt quite slippery and I didn't have the confidence to resist the attacks. Meanwhile, Race 2 was another pair of sleeves, also because of a small tweak to the tire pressure on the fly, and I could manage to stay in front. After this event I'm pretty sure we can both perfectly draw the rear of the 190E by heart:p

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I think I never had a race as close fought as this, let alone two in the same night! Me and @Puffpirat basically spent an entire hour less than a second away from each other. In Race 1 the track felt quite slippery and I didn't have the confidence to resist the attacks. Meanwhile, Race 2 was another pair of sleeves, also because of a small tweak to the tire pressure on the fly, and I could manage to stay in front. After this event I'm pretty sure we can both perfectly draw the rear of the 190E by heart:p
It's really great to see hot competition out at the front. "Congratulations Puffy" has become a phrase for a reason. Do you think we can get @ProjectPD, @fab. ICEMAN and @SBart_uk back in? Now that would be one hell of a front pack to watch. I think I'd have to start commentating because there would be too much to enjoy that I couldn't see otherwise :D

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Do you think we can get @ProjectPD, @fab. ICEMAN and @SBart_uk back in?
In the case of ProjectPD I can tell you that he is generally interested. I talked to him on wednesday. However he is participating in other leagues so he is rather busy at the time. For example he had another league race yesterday.
Maybe I can convince him to do a guest start at Bathurst with me. As far as I know he doesn't have another race that week...

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
It's really great to see hot competition out at the front. "Congratulations Puffy" has become a phrase for a reason. Do you think we can get @ProjectPD, @fab. ICEMAN and @SBart_uk back in? Now that would be one hell of a front pack to watch. I think I'd have to start commentating because there would be too much to enjoy that I couldn't see otherwise :D

Hi Friends of Simracing.
I like to read, that you don't forget me ;)
From my side there is a huge interest in seeing everyone again on the track. Sadly there is no longer enough time for racing in two or more community's. I bought a house in real life and restore thisone by my own. I'm currently driving in a community with quite good competitors, but no one that great like @Puffpirat or @fab. ICEMAN
For those races in the other community I don't need to spend as much time in training and still be competitive :smug:
When I find more time (I think around autumn I will be finished by restoring) I will come back and fight for the win :stig:;)

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Having @Cluck and @FuBii here using controller maybe it's a high time for me to try it as well ;) (Since still no luck with finding motors for my G27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread