Project CARS 2 R2: Circuit of The Americas (1 Viewer)

R2: Circuit of The Americas
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
It's around 2;30 - 3;30 pm when the first race starts, and I have a night shift job.
Well I guess we all have our issues... I will be on-call for work upcoming Thursday so will forward my phone to a 'friendly' colleague for a couple of hours... who might be less friendly next time if I stop the forwarding 30-60 minutes later than we agreed upon.

Btw... I always have to hurry home for the race, massive traffic jams on Thursdays...so I'd prefer a later start... I'm completely stressed out once I get behind my rig, 10 minutes before briefing :eek:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We don't 'want' to start our races late but as has already been pointed out, circumstances outside of our control sometimes dictates that. For every member that wants us to start a bit earlier, there's another that wants to start a bit later, we cannot hope to please 30+ people all of the time, no matter how brilliant we are ;). As my father is so fond of reminding me, life is a set of a compromises and if it means we start a few minutes late BUT with a full grid, that's an acceptable compromise in my opinion.

Round 1 was the exception that should not define the rule. It was the first race of a new season and we had a number of new members joining us for the first time. Could we have handled that better, maybe running through a small test run with them? Yes, and maybe it's a lesson learned for us going forward. If we have the same thing happen in the 2nd round then maybe we need to look at it again.

Don't forget, there are 32 members from all over the world taking part in these races. 32 people with their own lives to lead. Some have day jobs, some have night jobs, some are students, some have wives, some have children, some are retired, some are old hands in Project CARS 2, some are relatively new, some speak perfectly fluent English and some don't. And this is what makes RSR such a great place, that variety with one single thing in common, the love of racing :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Members I would appreciate it if we could start on time for this round and not have any delays. Some of us in America have evening affairs/jobs to tend to and make time for this race. Let's not have a 30 min delay like last race

First of all, the members tag should not be used for stuff like that. Luckily it does not work 'normal' users, otherwise you would have just tagged 1000+ members which isn't really the point of this tag right?

Secondly, I get your point but wishing for no delay at all is like wishing your way back home from work will be always traffic free. Sometimes it is not avoidable and therefore this is something you have to accept.

After the event @Darksi and myself sitting for another hour doing the results and tables. No fun either for us, trust me.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all, the members tag should not be used for stuff like that. Luckily it does not work 'normal' users, otherwise you would have just tagged 1000+ members which isn't really the point of this tag right?

Secondly, I get your point but wishing for no delay at all is like wishing your way back home from work will be always traffic free. Sometimes it is not avoidable and therefore this is something you have to accept.

After the event @Darksi and myself sitting for another hour doing the results and tables. No fun either for us, trust me.
BTW, Thanks for uploading the results that quickly. That was seriously quick. I think it was available on Friday already?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
BTW, Thanks for uploading the results that quickly. That was seriously quick. I think it was available on Friday already?

The results themselves are not published yet (upps) but the tables and points were live thursday evening. Went to bed 1am my time (same for @Darksi, thanks again for making sure I am not falling asleep ;))

I do not want a medal for that, do not get me wrong but any delay hurts "us staff members" as much as for "you", maybe even more. And our intentions are def. to be on the schedule.

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
I have a question to @Darksi @t0daY or some organizer.

Can the team sign a contract with one of the reserve divers, for one stage, that he takes part at the team instead of one of the main driver?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have a question to @Darksi @t0daY or some organizer.

Can the team sign a contract with one of the reserve divers, for one stage, that he takes part at the team instead of one of the main driver?

You can choose freely your teammate, it does not matter if he is a main or reserve driver. With our rotating system every main driver who does not attend a race without letting us know in advance will be demoted to the reserve driver list. Vice versa the first driver in the reserve list will be promoted to a main driver.

Therefore there is a high chance that every reserve driver will get the chance to drive in a race :)

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
You can choose freely your teammate, it does not matter if he is a main or reserve driver. With our rotating system every main driver who does not attend a race without letting us know in advance will be demoted to the reserve driver list. Vice versa the first driver in the reserve list will be promoted to a main driver.

Therefore there is a high chance that every reserve driver will get the chance to drive in a race :)
My question is a different one. Can I invite a pilot (from reserve) to the team at one stage, who will take part on behalf of the team and bring team points?

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could we possibly, maybe, perhaps consider making TS push to talk a rule, to stop those croaks, moans and steering wheel rattles from bothering everyone?
I know it's currently a suggestion in the general conduct section, but the mid qualy and race sounds got a bit much last race.

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
My question is a different one. Can I invite a pilot (from reserve) to the team at one stage, who will take part on behalf of the team and bring team points?
This could be an interesting practice, so that teams do not lose points (at least completely), if one of the pilots of the main team pilots does not manage to take part in the race.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This could be an interesting practice, so that teams do not lose points (at least completely), if one of the pilots of the main team pilots does not manage to take part in the race.
Half points maybe?

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Could we possibly, maybe, perhaps consider making TS push to talk a rule, to stop those croaks, moans and steering wheel rattles from bothering everyone?
I know it's currently a suggestion in the general conduct section, but the mid qualy and race sounds got a bit much last race.

I vote for this, those sounds are very annoying.
One other thing: could everybody make their nicknames forum=ts=game? It would be much easier to know who is who.
Last race i wanted to contact a driver regarding a thing on track, however i could not find his name in ts.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Getting waaaaaayyy off topic now ladies n gents.
Bring it back to COTA...
How are people coping with their tyres for the second race??
All the downforce or just a little bit?? :)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Bring it back to COTA...
I agree and I haven't tried the settings of second race.

Also to the people who are talking about ts you should watch the forum of topic thread. ;)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Bring it back to COTA...
Agreed off topic, but question thread is closed, not sure where to post?

Have tested only in second session conditions due to it being the warmest. Will definitely be going full rear downforce to minimize heat buildup. I think giving up time, say a second a lap to protect the tyres is probably the way to go. The hard tyres are just not quite up to it, from what I tried.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Teams consists of 2 drivers, not more, not less.

Team Selection
Teams will consist of 2 drivers. Drivers must stick to their chosen team for the duration of the season and should any driver leave their team, the team will forfeit all of their Team Championship points. To select your team, choose your teammate, choose your car, select a livery from those left available for the car and then name your team.

We had this topic already couple times. We can not force push to talk because of people with maybe not enough buttons on the wheel and/or beeing on VR.

Half points maybe?
Guys... do not make it too complicated please. If you are driving you score points, if you are on reserve and have no spot for the event, you are not getting points.

Everything is kinda handled in the league information thread. Let's go maybe back on-topic and talk about the upcoming race :)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Teams consists of 2 drivers, not more, not less.

Team Selection
Teams will consist of 2 drivers. Drivers must stick to their chosen team for the duration of the season and should any driver leave their team, the team will forfeit all of their Team Championship points. To select your team, choose your teammate, choose your car, select a livery from those left available for the car and then name your team.

We had this topic already couple times. We can not force push to talk because of people with maybe not enough buttons on the wheel and/or beeing on VR.

Guys... do not make it too complicated please. If you are driving you score points, if you are on reserve and have no spot for the event, you are not getting points.

Everything is kinda handled in the league information thread. Let's go maybe back on-topic and talk about the upcoming race :)
So talking about the upcoming race....who do I have to pay to let me win?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Lifetime supply of Fox's extremely chocolatey cookies & I'll take @ProjectPD out for ya.
Go grab a meal, get a beer, watch captain marvel or whatever is out to watch... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread