Promotions 21/02/2017 (1 Viewer)

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everybody who attended the last Induction Night. We have a good crop of drivers moving from Applicant
to Probation
status and from Probation
to Full Member
status. The promoted drivers are:
Congrats to you all, it is well earned! We hope you are all enjoying your time so far with RSR and we are looking forward to racing with all in our future events!

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
I got promoted? Nice one, thank you! Not entirely sure what I did to deserve it, but I ain't complaining!

Loving racing with RSR, btw. It's my first proper online racing, and I'm still finding my feet to a certain extent (like in the recent BAC Mono race in the rain, I had plenty of offs – and managed to completely forget I could move the camera instead of just relying on the track map, which led me to almost wiping out the race leader...), but it's ace fun. Thanks a million to all those involved in organising it.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got promoted? Nice one, thank you! Not entirely sure what I did to deserve it, but I ain't complaining!

Loving racing with RSR, btw. It's my first proper online racing, and I'm still finding my feet to a certain extent (like in the recent BAC Mono race in the rain, I had plenty of offs – and managed to completely forget I could move the camera instead of just relying on the track map, which led me to almost wiping out the race leader...), but it's ace fun. Thanks a million to all those involved in organising it.

You have always a good mood, you are always around in our league and our pC2 testing. We are enjoying it very much to have you here Pete, that's what RSR is about. About racing and having fun! It is more than deserved :)

Pete Morrish

Community Member
Reaction score
You have always a good mood

Trust me: not always! You know what's really weird? I know I'm not the world's fastest racer to start with, but I've noticed that background stress really impacts my driving. Like, massively. The sessions where I've had a relaxing weekend, I've got top-ten finishes. In those where I know I've got something on my mind, or I'm worrying about something, just logging a clean lap is a challenge. It's like chalk and cheese, it really is.

Think I might have to have pre-race meditation sessions to make sure. Zen out baby, yeah.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Trust me: not always! You know what's really weird? I know I'm not the world's fastest racer to start with, but I've noticed that background stress really impacts my driving. Like, massively. The sessions where I've had a relaxing weekend, I've got top-ten finishes. In those where I know I've got something on my mind, or I'm worrying about something, just logging a clean lap is a challenge. It's like chalk and cheese, it really is.

Think I might have to have pre-race meditation sessions to make sure. Zen out baby, yeah.

I can agree on that. As soon as something is on your mind you get unconcentrated and that means you are making mistakes. Same goes for illness. Never ever participate in an event if you are feeling sick. I tried it once, drove with a flu, nothing too bad, but guess who retired after half distance :facepalm:

It is really fascinating how focused you have to be in a "computer game". Maybe we should introduce 5 minutes of meditation after each driver briefing :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Definitely common work day stress is very much affecting any aspect of my day and racing is just too much sensitive to it. I found myself in the middle of race to start thinking something else and after that I need like 3-4 laps to get my concentration again.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
:wideyed:Oh!
Didn't see this coming...

Thanks alot!
And lets have many more fun races.:)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should introduce 5 minutes of meditation after each driver briefing :D
Oh dear I can just image that:

Manu: Now let's relax
KMan: *chuckling and laughing*
Manu: Quiet please!
Manu: Right... you're lying on a beach... just let the waves crash over you... Deep breath in through your nose, 1, 2, 3, 4 and breath out slowly through your mouth.

All in a deep German accent of course.

It'll be a lot more like this:

Than this:

;)

Users who are viewing this thread