Project CARS 2 - Patch 1.4.0.0 - Release Notes (1 Viewer)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that I can't reliably "use" my VR (oculus rift) anymore.
Before the Patch I could remove the headset and put it back on just fine. With new patch I get a black screen. And regardless of what I do it stays black. Only remedy is a reboot.

Any other rift/VR users experiencing this?
I’ve had this issue a long time before the patch but slightly different. I can always take on/off headset while it’s on with no problems but about 50% of the time when I first boot it up and launch pCARS I just get a black screen with game sound and as you say only a reboot fixes it. I think it may be a video driver issue more than a game issue but I haven’t looked into it at all.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but I have not had this issue before and I've set NVIDIA updates to manual. So I doubt any other type of update is interfering.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Before the Patch I could remove the headset and put it back on just fine. With new patch I get a black screen. And regardless of what I do it stays black. Only remedy is a reboot.

Oculus problems? Yeah, you could say I'm having problems at the moment ;). Mine is a different problem to yours in that I don't have the CV1 but I've been having problems for 3 weeks now, where mine disconnects and reconnects multiple times an hour. Frustrating doesn't come into it. However, it's not pCARS causing it in my instance, I was getting the same problem in iRacing.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score

I think this issue is related to oculus core. It present since last oculus home update. However the black screen in pCars can be easily fixed by restarting oculus service via tray tool. At least it works for me.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Oculus problems? Yeah, you could say I'm having problems at the moment ;). Mine is a different problem to yours in that I don't have the CV1 but I've been having problems for 3 weeks now, where mine disconnects and reconnects multiple times an hour. Frustrating doesn't come into it. However, it's not pCARS causing it in my instance, I was getting the same problem in iRacing.

I know your an I T and computer buff @Cluck but have you checked the basics like power connections just in case you have a loose or dodgy lead which could be causing intermittent power or signal loss..I know you will have checked these first but just checking

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
heh, funnily enough I did find a problem with the power connector but, since this is a DK2, the power isn't actually needed.

I've managed to make one final adjustment that "might" fix the problem but I'm not going to hold my breath. If I have a complete evening of playtime, with no resets, then it's almost possible to say it's fixed. If not, I'll be contacting our resident MiC (Muppet in Chief) to take him up on his offer.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I think this issue is related to oculus core. It present since last oculus home update. However the black screen in pCars can be easily fixed by restarting oculus service via tray tool. At least it works for me.

Perhaps, but I was also doing REC-Room and SuperHot VR without any issues. (I was giving a demo to some friends so swapping headsets quite often). When I went in to pCars2 I setup the track/car combo, put off the headset, gave it to my friend and he said, I am seeing black.

I tried it a couple times afterwards and everytime I removed my headset it would stay black. Only in pCars2. Restarting the oculus program itself (not the service in the background, haven't thought about that) gives a screen-flicker (single white-frame or something) and goes back to black.

I did not have these issues with patch 1.3.0 eventhough I already had the latest oculus home thingy running.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As a long shot, try deleting (or just renaming, so you can restore them quickly if it doesn't solve the problem) the graphics xml files from \Documents\Project CARS 2 . That will reset all the graphics settings to default and is a quick and simple test :)

You've got a CV1 right? I wonder if you can try covering the sensor that detects if the headset has been removed, to see if that solves the problem. I'm just wondering if, between the recent Oculus, NVidia and pCARS2 updates, something is going screwy when that sensor is triggered.

I have a DK2 so it doesn't have that sensor, so I can't test the theory myself.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
further, please check if led is still white after the screens goes black

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those who are driving with a VR or TrackIR device and using headphones, there is a problem with audio doing something a bit funky when you turn your head at certain rev ranges. If you've heard it, this is mostly to make you aware that you're not going mad. It appears to be related to the fix that solved the single-frame tracking problem (the one that flashed up a single frame of the wrong view). Devs are working on a fix. In the meantime, either try and ignore the sound or switch to speakers if you have them, as this appears to be confined exclusively to headphone users.

G

Gopher04

Is it me or is anyone else finding the UI seems to have a mind of its own, especially in the controller section, it just seems to move you all of a sudden to somewhere else, didn't have this problem before the patch.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nope, not noticed that. Is your wheel off-centre when it appears to change?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As a long shot, try deleting (or just renaming, so you can restore them quickly if it doesn't solve the problem) the graphics xml files from \Documents\Project CARS 2 . That will reset all the graphics settings to default and is a quick and simple test :)

You've got a CV1 right? I wonder if you can try covering the sensor that detects if the headset has been removed, to see if that solves the problem. I'm just wondering if, between the recent Oculus, NVidia and pCARS2 updates, something is going screwy when that sensor is triggered.

I have a DK2 so it doesn't have that sensor, so I can't test the theory myself.
Nice to hear! The next 24h race is ours :D

G

Gopher04

Nope, not noticed that. Is your wheel off-centre when it appears to change?
Hmm that seems to be it cluck..;) Literally having .5 off is enough to send it stupid, why do they have this problem, wheel shouldn't be active in the menu.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
For those who are driving with a VR or TrackIR device and using headphones, there is a problem with audio doing something a bit funky when you turn your head at certain rev ranges. If you've heard it, this is mostly to make you aware that you're not going mad. It appears to be related to the fix that solved the single-frame tracking problem (the one that flashed up a single frame of the wrong view). Devs are working on a fix. In the meantime, either try and ignore the sound or switch to speakers if you have them, as this appears to be confined exclusively to headphone users.
This is fixed in today's small patch (and that's all the patch was for, to save people asking!)

Hmm that seems to be it cluck..;) Literally having .5 off is enough to send it stupid, why do they have this problem, wheel shouldn't be active in the menu.
Don't quote me on this (because I'm almost always wrong) but I think the problem is that they cannot disable controllers in the menus due to restrictions by Sony and Microsoft. Yes, I know we're all on PC here but it is what it is. It's a known thing but might be one of those "when there's less critical stuff to do, it might get changed" things. It's caught me out a few times, which is why it's the first thing I thought of when I read your post!

Last edited:

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok. Little bit last minute notice, but I will be running some DS testing tonight from 19.30 GMT. I will run this on Revolution SIM Racing Server#2 , so for this that can spare some time be good to get as many on to see how the pings are affected.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread