Assetto Corsa Pre-Season #2: Mugello (1 Viewer)

Pre-Season #2: Mugello
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Monday, December 17, 2018 - 19:30
Until: Monday, December 17, 2018 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
@Mazy CZ can you explain how the PLP works. You had a pretty good explanation on the "old" forum. :)

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I understand it picks up you slowing down. But in my "offenses" I slowed down after returning to track. Particularly on the last one I lifted 3 times in the lap and the warning remained. I'm just frustrated. Not saying anymore tonight.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
You need to slow down while outside the track which is sometimes impossible :D

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
@Mazy CZ can you explain how the PLP works. You had a pretty good explanation on the "old" forum. :)
Yes, I can.

I can write it here but maybe you can add this info in the App thread itself (I can't reply to that thread)

Criteria the system uses for detecting track cuts:
  • Track cutting is defined as 3 or more wheels out of the track, using the AC cut detection built-in system.
  • Only cuts over 50 kph are registered.
  • If you are off-track for more than 1.3 seconds, or slow down to less than 90% of your track exit speed at any time while off-track before re-entering, a cut won't be registered. This is to stop accidents from registering as cuts. The app does detect high speed cuts that last longer than 1.3 seconds, where you don't slow down, as well.
Here is the explanatory video of the app:

In the past, I have tweaked the app to Version 1 (V1) which we are using here aswell.
V1:
  • changed maximum number of wheels that are allowed to go off track to 2
  • display of warning duration reduced to 5 second
  • reduced time of display of chat message from the app from other players to 5 seconds
  • changed penalty mode from drive throught to timed penalty - 10 seconds after 4th cut - written in server log and chat message
  • reduced time between another cut is detected to 3 seconds
  • added "amnesty lap" for lap 1 of the race - no warnings will be issued on lap 1
  • increased maximum time of a cut/extention to trigger a warning to 1,5 seconds - more than that, warning is not triggered
  • If the re-entry speed is higher than 70% of max. speed of the car, warning is given even if it takes longer to rejoin than maximum time of a cut/extention feature activated
The most important thing is "using the AC cut detection built-in system". So the App can be 100% but if the limits of original/modded tracks are wrong (which they are sometimes, even the original tracks) then the app can not behave 100% fair in all situations.

Remember, this app helps to keep some fair-play between drivers regarding track limits. Still, white lines are the rules so in perfect conditions, we would not need any PLP app and just trust drivers (that doesn't work either). PLP is much better and lenient compared to in-game penalty system (where you have to slow down to 35kp/h in 30seconds).

Last edited by a moderator:

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A night to forget for me...
Practice and Qualy were alright, but then the trouble started.
Had quite a good start and overtook somebody on the way into T1 (still no driver names in VR). Somebody missed his braking point quite a bit a smashed into my back in T1 quite heavily, not saying anything about this, I don't think some people will ever change their approach of racing in the first lap...
Got a really good exit of one of the chicanes and went side to side with a Merc into Arrabiata 1 which wasn't a real clever idea because I clipped the inside kerb to much and couldn't hold it anymore :-( so I spun, everybody went by and I was dead last with a left rear tire at 130 °C which made me spinning again in the next corner :-(
Continued racing and after couple of laps I was in the middle of some people who also spun. Made my way back to P18 just to see my internet connection dying at around 30mins into the race :rage:

Shame to see that many people disconnecting and leaving the race. More than 30 started and after 10 minutes there were only 25 left I think. Really bad habit imo!

See you in january, happy christmas and happy new year to everyone in advance in case we don't see/hear each other anymore :)

Cheers,
Exited

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Like always my 2 cents about everything. :)

Just wanna start with it was really good to see so people showing for the race. :) Was nice to see a TS channel with 36 people in and enjoying (for the most part) them self.

My qualify was surprisingly good and started P10 only a 1 sec after P1 and P2. Qualify was again really close and between P1 and P25 was there only 2.5 secs. More important was there only 2 sec between P10 and P30. So improving just a little bit in qualify can gain you some good positions. :)

Race for me also good. I didn't see what happened in turn 1, but from looking at the replay @Alex Salmon and @Zedian got together which caused a small pileup with people nowhere to get. I can again just iterate that people needs to careful into turn 1.

For next race there will be a orange zone on lap 1-2 where penalties are harder. https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/news.1693/#post-42145

After the first corner where I went on the outside I was on the inside for the next corner and had some good side by side racing with the guy next to me. Over the next couple of laps people like @Jeff[NL], @Puffpirat and @Pwox started to create a gap and I couldn't keep up. @popzz started to catch me and I let him pass into turn 1, because I didn't wanna loose to much time fighting him. I had a small mistake into the fast double right hander, where instead looking at the corner I was looking at @Jeff[NL] in the rear mirror, which costed me 12 secs and 4 positions. :)

Pitted and came out P9-P10 with @Puffpirat right behind me. He was catching me and I was catching @steveg200 and out of the last corner we all got a good draft on each other and went 3 wide into turn, where I came out on top. Some amazing racing by @Puffpirat and @steveg200 and shows you can go door to door without accidents if you just respect each other. Highlight of my race that duel!

After that it settled down a bit and @Puffpirat passed me, but got caught at little bit behind @Dangerous Gianetta who did some amazing fair defensive driving on worn tires. @Puffpirat passed him and now I had the same battle with @Dangerous Gianetta.

In the last stages of the race @Alex Salmon was catching up. but ran out of fuel and I settled into P10. For some reason more people ran out of fuel and I crossed the finish line in P8 which is a pretty decent results, when you look at the driver line up. Pretty happy with that. :)

Now a little negative. :)

I like that we are 36-38 guys showing up, but tbh it sucks that we are only 22 who complete the race. Imo there is no reason to do a 38 grid if we loose 33% of the driver during the race. I understand that people quit for various reasons, but if you damage your car you can still fix. If you almost wreck your car repair is only 25 secs and you an refuel and change tires while you do it. So still plenty of time to get out on track and gain positions.

We are atm considering our options regarding grid size, since there are no reason we are doing 38 slots grids (which do have worse performance) when only 22 people are finishing the race. We might as well do a 25 grid size and have greater performance.

But overall a really good evening both personal and race wise. It seems like people really are getting into "league mode" and are stepping up, while still having fun and the racing seems to improve every race. :)

/Noz

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Statistics from the race:
Winner:
@Jeff[NL]
Fastest lap: @Echo (1.39.8290)
Fastest S1: @Puffpirat (25.2150)
Fastest S2: @Echo (29.1060)
Fastest S3: @Echo (45.0760)
Potential fastest lap: 1.39.3970
Best consistency: @Nada (99.17%)
Worst consistency: @Cornworld (89,62%)
Lead most laps: @Diluvian
Audi: 8 cars
Finished: P1, P2, P3, P11, P12, P16, P33(DNF), P34(DNF)
Average position without DNF: 6,6
Average position with DNF: 14
DNF: 2
DNF %: 25%
Mercedes: 8 cars
Finished: P8, P9, P14, P15, P20, P23 (DNF), P30 (DNF), P31 (DNF)
Average position without DNF: 13,2
Average position with DNF: 18,7
DNF: 3
DNF %: 37,5%
BMW: 18 cars
Finished: P4, P5, P6, P7, P10, P13, P17, P18, P19, P21 (DNF) P22 (DNF), P24 (DNF), P25 (DNF), P26 (DNF), P27 (DNF), P28 (DNF), P29 (DNF), P32 (DNF)
Average position without DNF: 11
Average position with DNF: 18,5
DNF: 9
DNF %: 50%

1545123831510.png

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hahah all the cars are just the same. Nice stats tho

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Somebody missed his braking point quite a bit a smashed into my back in T1 quite heavily, not saying anything about this, I don't think some people will ever change their approach of racing in the first lap...

We are currently "playing" through the Orange Zone Investigations. Obviously the rule was added AFTER the pre-season race and therefore the penalties will be theoretical. The stewards already discussing the various cases :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we have statistics for people who hit other people as well?

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Do we have statistics for people who hit other people as well?
I thought it would have been on the simresult thing but look like they disabled it.

Also, for you guys who need to know how much fuel you have to put when you don't really know the amount of laps for the race, check out "Fuel Manager" on Android, it calculate it with the time of the race + the time lap.

You might think it can't be this accurate considering cars have a different fuel consumption, but it was very accurate at Mugello, saying exactly 34 laps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread