Podium DD1 Driver Updates (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So when you plug the DD1 in you see 2 controllers in "Setup USB Controllers" - I assume this is due to some absurd limitation in the number of buttons/axis available in windows.
If I install the latest drivers (355 at this time), attempting to go to the test page throws an error saying it cannot load. If I uninstall the drivers and swap the USB to another port, the screen loads and button presses register (though not all, again I think this is windows USB controller presentation issue).

Anyone have similar issues getting latest drivers installed? Am I missing anything by just letting windows detect and not having fanatec drivers?

EDIT: Btw its hilarious trying to use the left analogue stick as throttle/brake while trying to confirm the wheel was working in PC2, but apparently I'm slightly safer this way in the F50 :D

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is always 2 controllers in the USB Controllers. I knew why but I forgot it again but it is totally normal, for me the same.

The newest driver should be 335, is 355 maybe a typo?

Edit: Why are new wheel base models detected as two (or even 3) devices on PC? (Took me btw 1 minute to google :p)

Description:
"You might have seen that our latest wheel base models (CS WB V2.5, CSL E WB+, CSL E V1.1, P WB DD1, P WB DD2) are all shown as 2 separate controllers in the game controllers window on you PC. If you want to enter the driver menu it does not matter which device you will click. In some other places you could even see 3 separate controllers for this one device...why is that?

Those new wheel bases are so feature packed and well prepared for the future that it was just not possible to put all functions into one software USB device. The new electronics is able to control more axis, buttons, encoders etc. than one (software) USB device can handle. This is why Windows will detect 2 USB game controller devices + one additional HID device as soon as one of those wheel bases is detected."

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
installing 355 always "succeeds", but I can't get into the Setup USB Controller page for it after. I assume that means it failed? Or does that mean I now need to install a second thing immediately afterwards? The quick start doesn't mention anything else.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So...I think I worked it out. I meant 335 for the update though. Driver installation was successful this time. I think it turns out the USB controllers need to be 1 after the other in the "Setup USB Controllers" list. If they're not then bad things happen. I unplugged my button box (which was regularly separating them in the list) and driver installation appeared to work fine, and the fanatec custom controller test page now displays.

Oh. My. God.

I've just gone into PC2 and back into the Group A Historic DTM career mode I had been doing. A wet race at hockenheim that I really struggled with. Holy f**k its like my first VR experience all over again. Between the wheel and the pedals its like being there. Also it feels nearly impossible to lose it in a car that previously felt like every corner would be your last. I swear those two laps are enough to make the purchases worth it :D

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
How much is the difference between Podium DD1 and Clubsport?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
How much is the difference between Podium DD1 and Clubsport?
The Clubsport is a Belt driven system, from a weak fast spinning motor, the Belts transform the output to lower rpm and higher torque. Belts can wear out, the belts can get dirty and start to slip at some point. The DD has a Servo-Motor that directly creates the torque and movement. For such a typ of Servo-Motor, compared to an industrial work cycle, the work load and work time it does is small, so the Engine should last many years. Disadvantage could be higher inertia from the Motor as it's an outrunner. For example the 180 Nm Motor I posted here on the forum would have, as a simracing device, a ridiculously high inertia.

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Do you have your pedals connected to wheelbase or pc? Asking because once the pedals will be bolted to wheelbase it will be annoying to plug and unplug them every time

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
New drivers available.
New Fanatec drivers for the DD bases with a huuuuge functional update!

Installed, let me know what interpolation level (and other settings) are you using on acc, 3 feels good to me

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
New drivers here:

Users who are viewing this thread