Assetto Corsa PLP Alternative Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Different cars different tracks. These are much slower cars and PLP at laguna works differently to Tor. Look at the car @ 33:19 that would have been a strike on Monday

Your argument was that you couldn't fight, battle and push with PLP, which my video clearly shows that you can? So then its not a PLP that's problem, but the cars and tracks?

The @car 33.19 got a warning.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My point with racing is, that when in a side by side race the chance of a mistake is over double. If someone has already made a couple of mistakes on their own it would become and unnecessary risk to go side by side with someone and have a race... Making the whole racing thing pointless. Again, I see you don't want to get rid of it, fine. But please consider the number of warnings.

I am thinking of the guys in the middle/back of the pack who are not as talented (me), make more mistakes on their own and will make more mistakes when racing people. None of them being malicious, cutting the track in the hope of winning a race. Just here for some fun.

We get that point. But imagine we are increasing the Warning Limit to 5. In this case @Alex Salmon will moan 10 minutes later about PLP in the next race ;)

Just increasing the warning limit by 1 or 2 is not solving the issue we are discussing here. It is only delaying it which works maybe for some, for others it won't.
Post automatically merged:

I had a wonderful fight with @Mr AlcoN in race 1 without PLP interrupting.
I had a wonderful fight with @JetPistol and @Jeff[NL] in race 2 without PLP interrupting.
I had another wonderful fight with a couple people in race 3 without PLP interrupting.

Please do not tell me PLP is killing the "race-factor" because this is just not true. If you do not believe me, check my twitch videos of the past 3 rounds and make your own picture.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
My point with racing is, that when in a side by side race the chance of a mistake is over double. If someone has already made a couple of mistakes on their own it would become and unnecessary risk to go side by side with someone and have a race... Making the whole racing thing pointless. Again, I see you don't want to get rid of it, fine. But please consider the number of warnings.

I am thinking of the guys in the middle/back of the pack who are not as talented (me), make more mistakes on their own and will make more mistakes when racing people. None of them being malicious, cutting the track in the hope of winning a race. Just here for some fun.

I am a middle/back driver and I have got 2 warnings in the first 3 races, and still managed to have fun and really good battles. :)

But I get your point, and we are testing some minor changes to PLP. Maybe they work and maybe they don't.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
no matter where you put the track limits, people will always push as far as they can "get away with" and still go over them. I think maybe we should look at the results of this race from the server and see how many penalties were given out, and see if a compromise can be reached on the number of warnings (if necessary) . This track being possibly one of the harshest due to the tight corners and grass run offs.

I am happy to help look through the data if extra eyes are needed (I have 4 (when not racing)) :)

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
- Fact is, it is for everyone the same.
- Fact is, if ur driving over the limit (101%) and you leave the track a punishment in form of a warning is okay IMO
- Obviously PLP depends on the tracklimits of each track, I am already researching how to mod tracks but yeah, don't have infinite time unfortunately
I understand that but just cause we all get the same penalty does't mean its the same. The game is going give you a strike if you got pushed off or you drive off to gain an advantage. We just need a little play with the system to give people who dont deserve it a bit more room to breathe. 98% of the guys here can be trusted, they are fair dudes and wont push to gain advantages.

I understand the time constraints but I just feel I needed to have my say on this because lets be honest, concerns were looked over previously, thats how it is but we have a chance to fix it now.

I propose 2 changes.

- Higher limit to allow for mistakes and battling
- Decrease the speed you have to drop to re-enter the track to something that allows just a lift and no hard braking. (should also alow you get back onto the tarmac quickly so you arent off the track for ages sliding on the grass and nearly loosing control.

In this case @Alex Salmon will moan 10 minutes later about PLP in the next race.
Come on man, That's BS and completely unfair. I'm trying to help this league and the racing here. If you dont want my view you didn't have to set up the thread. I admit i started off this discussion angry but I've calmed down now and im just looking at it logically. We can' t give people penalties for honest mistakes and inconsistencies it's not correct.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Come on man, That's BS and completely unfair. I'm trying to help this league and the racing here. If you dont want my view you didn't have to set up the thread. I admit i started off this discussion angry but I've calmed down now and im just looking at it logically. We can' t give people penalties for honest mistakes and inconsistencies it's not correct.

There is like a smiley in case u did not notice. But if a joke is also not allowed anymore, alright.
Post automatically merged:

We can' t give people penalties for honest mistakes and inconsistencies it's not correct.

We can and do. Otherwise you can always claim "hey that was not intentional" - There is a line we need to draw. You have at the moment 3 strikes free before the DT is hitting you.

All I am saying is, we up the warning limit people will drive for longer on the edge until they reached 5 warnings. Then a stupid mistake happens (like in your case) and it is exact the SAME SITUATION as with 3 warnings. Therefore raising the warning limit won't help IMO. It gives just more leeway to drive outside the boundaries until you are reaching the limit again.

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We get that point. But imagine we are increasing the Warning Limit to 5. In this case @Alex Salmon will moan 10 minutes later about PLP in the next race ;)

Just increasing the warning limit by 1 or 2 is not solving the issue we are discussing here. It is only delaying it which works maybe for some, for others it won't.

I think it would*. Yes it would still warn for mistakes and that's not great. I just feel 4 mistakes is too soon for such a harsh punishment. By increasing it by 2 then we would be at a level where if I'm making that number of mistakes in an hour then yes, I should be changing my line, slowing down, acknowledge I'm on a really bad day. Yet anyone being malicious with track limits will still be picked up and punished correctly.

Another thing I've mentioned and I do not know whether it is possible or not, is to allow 30s after the cut to give up time. Where in my examples given where I did give up time just when I had returned to track. In the preseason event before I fully understood the system this is also what I did, as that is what we have done within RSR in the past on gentleman's agreement (which I know I followed).

*This is all based on opinion, can we please now end the silliness and just look at the fair points made from all angles? @t0daY @Alex Salmon

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
There is like a smiley in case u did not notice. But if a joke is also not allowed anymore, alright.
Haha my bad I cant see it :oops: still you get my point though

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
By increasing it by 2 then we would be at a level where if I'm...
Explained above.

...is to allow 30s after the cut to give up time...
If you got time to re-write the app and/or custom code it in, yeah why not.

This is all based on opinion, can we please now end the silliness and just look at the fair points made from all angles? @t0daY @Alex Salmon
I am stating my opinion here as well Stokemon, or is that not allowed for me?

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am stating my opinion here as well Stokemon, or is that not allowed for me?

It is hence why I said "all angles"

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is hence why I said "all angles"

If someone has an outburst on TS3 we (Staff) stay always calm, because yeah we got a thick skin and we can deal with it.

But if I am stating now more direct my opinion in here instantly people are bothered about it? Come on guys, it is getting to a point where I am just closing this thread and we leave it as it is, seriously.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Explained above.

Missed that sorry. I see your point. Mine is also there, 4 feels soon to me for a DT.

Also I said, everyone is giving an opinion and that's fine. Everyone has given a fair opinion. I'm confused?

I've given my view, I'm done. Feel free to close the thread.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Missed that sorry. I see your point. Mine is also there, 4 feels soon to me for a DT.

Also I said, everyone is giving an opinion and that's fine. Everyone has given a fair opinion. I'm confused?

I've given my view, I'm done. Feel free to close the thread.

If it would be a mass problem I would understand it. But I am seeing here the same 3-4 people "complaining" about PLP. This in combination with the races I did without having ANY issues with PLP or tracklimits it is hard to me to understand.

We are currently looking into the PLP stuff again and tweaking some stuff and see how it behaves.
Furthermore I am looking into the track modding scene, maybe I can find something to adjust the tracklimits to make them more pointier.
Last but not least @Noztra and @Ricardo Macieira found another admin tool which looks promising.

It is not like we are just doing nothing and just following this thread. But the pure argument "I can't push the car because an offtrack gets punished and 4 offtracks gives me a drive through penalty" is not valid in my opinion.

For me it is important that it is the same for everyone, and that is given by the PLP app. Everyone has the same track limits (white lines) and the PLP app is punishing same behavior to 100% equally.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
I think everyone has their own thoughts on this but im just coming from the perspective of asking ourselves if it saves unfair penalties being handed out for people doing things that are still within the rules (driving back on track, Running wide in a battle, under steering) Should't we trust ourselves a little more and free it up and give people the option to push themselves harder than they have before without the threat of ruining their race? I see the point of 'you pushed too hard and you shouldn't do that' but even not getting the strike you get massive penalty having to jump on the brakes to get to the speed.

Like any debate *cough Brexit Cough* it becomes hard to consider the other side and it gets heated, but I think if we just try these suggestions that are possible with the tools we have then we might able to find a comprise between penalizing the greedy and still allowing everyone to be confident to push themselves and race hard. As i said I just think its to restrictive ATM and you have to worry about it constantly during your race when battling.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't worry at all about PLP when I am racing or are in a battle with anyone.

I only worry about it in quali, because I don't wanna miss setting a lap.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't worry at all about PLP when I am racing or are in a battle with anyone.

I only worry about it in quali, because I don't wanna miss setting a lap.
Once you've been pushed of track or had a moment though, it becomes a real concern, Its so easy to get penalised multiple times for little things. The DT is a race ruinner

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Once you've been pushed of track or had a moment though, it becomes a real concern, Its so easy to get penalised multiple times for little things. The DT is a race ruinner

No not really. Because then I still have 2 more warnings before I get a penalty. And if you stay on the track its really not an issue imo.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
No not really. Because then I still have 2 more warnings before I get a penalty. And if you stay on the track its really not an issue imo.
And if tyres cook and you spin? or you have to avoid a crash ?

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
And if tyres cook and you spin? or you have to avoid a crash ?

If the tires cook, then you have wrong tire pressures or are pushing them to hard. If the tires cook because you had a spin, then you need to take it easy to let them cool down.

If I have to avoid a crash, then I still have two warnings left before I get a DT.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
If the tires cook, then you have wrong tire pressures or are pushing them to hard. If the tires cook because you had a spin, then you need to take it easy to let them cool down.
Ok so lets look this way. You chose the incorrect tire pressures and that's worth 25% of a drive through? All im asking is leeway and compromise. Dont take it the wrong way but I think this a little unreasonable. Would we be able to just arrange a little test too see if we can decrease that 25% to something more logical. You've admitted it isn't perfect and I know it never will be but we can make it better for the overall race if you're willing to have an open mind.

Users who are viewing this thread