Assetto Corsa Oculus update issues, anybody sorted them yet? (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi, since the last Oculus update, I can't get AC to run in the headset, the image appears on my monitor but acts like it's in VR, headtracking and the different menu layout etc.

Anybody suffering similar and found a solution. Every other game works, so I don't want to do an OS re-install. Any help greatly appreciated.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg should be able to help here. He was just driving in VR 2 days ago :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi, since the last Oculus update, I can't get AC to run in the headset, the image appears on my monitor but acts like it's in VR, headtracking and the different menu layout etc.

Anybody suffering similar and found a solution. Every other game works, so I don't want to do an OS re-install. Any help greatly appreciated.
I tried to run assetto in Oculus VR yesterday, and it was just like your case. After I choose Open VR, it entered the game but there was no sound, then I changed setting to Oculus VR and everything worked fine. :cool:

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I had (have) the same problem. It all works fine if i open Oculus client (it worked without it before). Still looking for ways around it, since Oculus client drains some of the resources.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I had (have) the same problem. It all works fine if i open Oculus client (it worked without it before). Still looking for ways around it, since Oculus client drains some of the resources.
I thought that Oculus client needs to be opened all the time to run VR games?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Have you set it to Oculus mode in the video options of the game? You can choose between single & triple screen, Oculus and Open VR.

Yeah I’ve tried switching back to single monitor and then back. It’s weird it’s like the game thinks it’s in vr but it’s just displaying on the wrong screen.
Post automatically merged:

I’ll try switching to open vr and see if that does the trick...

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I thought that Oculus client needs to be opened all the time to run VR games?

It was posible to bypass that and use oculus tray tool instead. I found that out on PC2 forums.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I've now found that if I start oculus first, then manually start SteamVR, I can then fire up AC in SteamVR and it works. So relieved I don't need to reinstall my whole OS.

Users who are viewing this thread