Oculus Rift and Touch price cut announced (1 Viewer)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a heads up for people wanting to get into VR: Oculus have dropped the prices of the Rift, Touch and all the accessories permanently from what I can see on their website. The Rift is now always sold with Touch controllers at a price range of $599 and 708 euro's. Check the Oculus website for more info.

Check out more info here: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14779460/oculus-rift-touch-vr-bundle-price-drop-200 or go the Oculus website.

P.S. My intention is not advertising for Oculus, but maybe there are people who wanted to jump on the VR train a while ago, but found the prices too high. Maybe this price drop changes things for them.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up also, since the GTX 1080 Ti got announced, the price for 1080s have dropped £200-300, in-case anyone wanted to get a high end GPU for VR or 4k or whatever.

Really is no reason to get a GTX 1070 now. (Check my signature) :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Thnx, I read it this morning. Wonderfull news.

I asked Manu in PP to find me, if he can, in Germany lowest price for Oculus Rift to buy it, because in my conutry that costs cca 800 - 850€. I need it from Germany (or Austria) because they mostly deliver items to Croatia, or I have many friends that goes to Germany and can order it via someone of them. Due to my lack of knowing German language it is not easy for me to find lowest price by my own, so I "bother" others for that. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Currently 589 Euro at Amazon.de

https://www.amazon. de/Oculus-301-00204-01-Rift/dp/B00ZFOGHRG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488464314&sr=8-1&keywords=oculus+rift

(There is a space between "." and "de")

Currently 499 Dollar at Amazon.com

https://www.amazon. com/Oculus-Rift-Virtual-Reality-Headset/dp/B00VF0IXEY/ref=sr_1_1_twi_gam_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488464450&sr=8-1&keywords=oculus

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
IT does look like the German Amazon store sells it without the touch controllers

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about Rift, not that bothered about the motion controls for now, with that being said, the headpiece with sensors n all that, is that all you need for say, games like PCars? Might pick one up next week.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about Rift, not that bothered about the motion controls for now, with that being said, the headpiece with sensors n all that, is that all you need for say, games like PCars? Might pick one up next week.

Doomstitch, yep. You only need the Oculus Rift to play with games like PCars. Oculus Touch is extra for specific games and for room scale VR.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Doomstitch, yep. You only need the Oculus Rift to play with games like PCars. Oculus Touch is extra for specific games and for room scale VR.

Nice, might pick one up this week then. Will probably get the touch later, mainly want VR for PCars though. Soon I shall have 4k and VR muwahaha :woot::woot::woot:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Wait for announcement on Rift 2 now then.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice, might pick one up this week then. Will probably get the touch later, mainly want VR for PCars though. Soon I shall have 4k and VR muwahaha :woot::woot::woot:

Another smug git in want of a demotion or a ban... :p
@t0daY *waves at tenner*

/jk of course

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I got Oculus Rift three days ago with large help of @Puffpirat who handeled everything and @t0daY who faund me a store to buy.

Driving with rift is totally another universe. :)

Feynman

Community Member
Reaction score
I also bought a rift, spurred on by the price cut. I was very disappointed with it,finding the resolution - image sharpness less than I'd hoped.
Of course I read reviews and people's experiences with it,but you cannot really understand it till you try.
There was a little bit of motion sickness for me in some titles and Project cars,though amazing to feel you are inside the car and see the edges of the track etc,I just couldn't "get on" with it.
I returned it to Amazon.
Maybe if and when a new version appears I may try it again.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dama,

Welcome to the dark side mate! Welcome to Rift Universe ;-). I can recommend some very good titles that will show the possibilities of the Rift. A lot of them are free as well ;-)

I got Oculus Rift three days ago with large help of @Puffpirat who handeled everything and @t0daY who faund me a store to buy.

Driving with rift is totally another universe. :)

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I also bought a rift, spurred on by the price cut. I was very disappointed with it,finding the resolution - image sharpness less than I'd hoped.
Of course I read reviews and people's experiences with it,but you cannot really understand it till you try.
There was a little bit of motion sickness for me in some titles and Project cars,though amazing to feel you are inside the car and see the edges of the track etc,I just couldn't "get on" with it.
I returned it to Amazon.
Maybe if and when a new version appears I may try it again.

Its definitely far from perfect but what you gain for me easily surpasses the graphic fidelity loss.

Having said that - did you play with ResScale ? You can improve the look a fair bit if you have the PC for it. With a 980ti Im at 1.5 and that looks much better than stock.

Btw - grats Dama :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Ty SlowBloke.

But from star I had a problem. Rift would disconnects all the time. I thought it was related to USB 3.0 not enough power, so I disabled all "Allow windows to disconnect this device" ..... But last night after enjoying for an hour of driving.. Rift gets disconnected with Hardware error message. I reinstalled everything, from display drivers, USB drivers, Oculus program.... and in the end I checked HDMI connector that goes to GPU and saw this http://i.imgur.com/B7BMzpN.jpg , one pin was broken. Omg...
I searched all over ebay and tere are no such cables to buy, so I contacted Oculus support and now waiting their respond. :mad:
I believe I will sort this out and fix it but it is really anoying that fresh piece of hardware from store and with expensive proce tag has so low quality connectors.

On teh other hand, driving with this stuff was a blast. I WAS IN THAT PARTICULAR CAR FOR REAL :)

Even low resulution makes game in distance like 20 years look alike, but feeling is like real car. I instantly made 1sec faster lap in tommorow's race conditions.
I set up 1.5 ResScale. Textures high, track High, cars medium and it works nice.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the hassle with the connector :(

Fingers crossed you get a quick and easy fix !

On the other side trying it out for the first time is really an amazing experience and its great when others have that moment of pure "O M F G !!!". It really is up there as my single best gaming moment and considering Ive been doing this since the 80s having something give me so much wonder and joy like a kid experiencing something brand new felt fantastic at 3 years shy of 50!

Im used to it now ofcourse but I still look back fondly on just how I felt when I experienced real racing sat at my PC :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Mo.

I'll try to reinstall win tonight.....