iRacing New Year Resolutions 2020 (1 Viewer)

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly happy new year to everyone.

2019 was a very busy year for me, in my personal life as some of you know, I got married to my fiancee in June. I also achieved 6k iRating, won a special event and finished second in 2 others and maybe the most important of all, proudly finished 2019 with a safety rating of 4.99. I also got my v3 pedals!

I've had some other personal issues this year which has impacted on my racing but it's not stopped me yet.

2020 is set to be another fantastic year, but with everything I am now a year older, a year wiser etc and so I've set myself some goals for this year as well and thought I'd share them.

By the end of December 2020 I would like to achieve the following:
- 7k iRating
- Win 2 special events in a team competitive split
- Get my name known within the sim world more

Now they seem some ambitious goals but I think I can do it ans hopefully with the team behind me, I don't see why.

However there are things that will distract me from achieving my goal, some for better and some for worse. It is the aim this year that I will move into a new house and introduce a player 3 into the game!

Anyway enough, it would be nice to know what others plans are!

Oh and one final soppy note, thanks to @t0daY for everything and letting me part of a great team and all the hard work that you do.

To @grobi0815 for the initial livery idea and his hard work on them. Also for supporting me through endurance races over the year.

@Raigore for his help with finalising the liveries and taking over the iRacing section along with @fab. ICEMAN - also fab for support throughout the year and being my teammate during the PCDC.

There are others but to mention a few who I have raced with, @Cornworld @Rexxody @The Wayfaerer @David Siska @Battenberg (I'm sure I've missed a few!)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
good luck and congratulations :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
congrats, congrats and congrats!

My sim racing goals this year are probably limited to "take part more often". I didn't do quite as much as I would have liked in 2019. It would be great to think about getting to 2K iRating, but that might well be a stretch goal.

InsaneBase

Community Member
Reaction score
Congratulation!

My goals for this year are: race more, and take part in at least the 24h of Le Mans and Spa! Also, yeah 2K iRating would be nice.:eek:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
I think the best way to get yourself known in the sim world more is having an Instagram / streaming account with weekly uploads. This is in addition to winning races of course...

It is very important to have clear goals otherwise the distractions will take over.
Mine are simple, but ambitions, I remember from last year that I tried to join a 24 hour race. But ran into myself and pulled out because I couldn't do consistent fast times.
NTM7 has been generous to me. Because of my pCARS2 history I know how to heat-cycle a tire (mainly from reading and putting in practice Ben's and Nicolas' stuff). Which has given me great advantage when running these tires. And to me, it's a great addition on every car. Without the snap oversteer on braking that is inherent to NTM6, I can practice a much better driving style. I even have control over the legends car now that it's on NTM7. Before, that thing didn't feel much-different than my DAF in ETS2.

- Getting faster laptimes
- Doing a full 12 race season in the Porsche cup (S02_2020)
- Starting and finishing my first endurance race.
- But without ever running a car with NTM6
edit: Almost forgot something
- Getting the :chicken: back in there

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread