Merry Xmas & Happy New Year! (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
6a514fd123412423452109d8027a8fa5cfdb010e71b5.jpg

Good evening @Members,

later than usual but it is still a good time to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We have plenty of stuff planned for next year, and we hope that everyone will stay around to experience all of it with us together.

The admins have done a tremendous job this year (*more later) and our leagues are going from strength to strength, with some of the best leagues we have ever organized. A personal favorite was the Formula RSS3 season in Assetto Corsa and the Clio Cup in Project CARS 2. Both cars were a blast and had their own unique way to drive.

2019 was a rough year with Ups and Downs. We had to adjust our Project CARS leagues, going from our usual 2 split philosophy back to 1 due lower attendance. Our Assetto Corsa Competizione league had a rough start with not that many sign ups as we hoped for. And last but not the least, real life is getting more and more into the way (for almost every admin) which makes it sometimes a bit difficult to deliver stuff in time.

On the other side we had also positive things like our very first own merchandise, Ricardo and Noztra joining forces to run our very first Assetto Corsa section, Official liveries for 2020, The Breeze reviving our long dead social media accounts or our 8-car-army for the upcoming 24 Hours of Daytona, just to mention a few.

I am very thankful for each member who is joining our leagues, events or team races in iRacing/rFactor 2. Without you, this whole idea "RevolutionSimRacing" would not work at all. At the same time I would like to say thank you to each member of the Staff Team, their hard work each and every day made RSR what it is right now:

@Battenberg: Our neutral force within the Staff Team. Whenever there is an argument or miscommunication you are there trying to solve it for the better goods. You are helping where you can, with results or leading the last ACC league together with Ricardo. A true all-rounder, loyal and dedicated to RSR, thank you for being around!

@Cluck: Our chicken at RSR. I mean you always need a chicken otherwise it wouldn't be fun. You are a true friend, always there to correct my shitty english written texts, I highly value your opinion about literally everything. I hope one day we can race against each other again on Bathurst. I wish you and your family the best for the future. Thank you Cluck!

@Darksi: My "right hand" at RSR. You are literally a jobs maid-of-all-work. It is not a long time ago when you joined the Staff Team, and I am so happy that you did. You are a real Gentlemen and you always try to please everyone without looking at yourself. I cannot imagine running this community without you any more. Thanks for everything Simon!

@fab. ICEMAN: "Patrick Hahn has checked in!" But not a long time ago I thought our ways would go in complete different directions. Our clash at the 24 Hours of Nürburgring was definitely one of our lowest points. We could solve it and eventually you offered me your help in any topic related to RSR. Your passion for perfection is astonishing and the value you are adding to our iRacing section is fantastic. Thanks for checking in!

@Jamesl91: Probably the person I am clashing the most with. In a good way! You have always a second angle on things which helps a lot. Your engagement in the stewards room and rFactor 2 section is spot on. With you the whole RSR rF2 endurance story started and without you this would not have been possible. Splendid work James!

@Raigore: Mostly calling him "Elite Stephan" although his forename is Konstantin, do not ask me why. Our main responsible person for our 2020 liveries in iRacing. Very creative person with lots of ideas in his mind. Sometimes too many ideas actually! But whenever help is needed you are there, sometimes even until very late night. And there is always room for a classic PUBG game, thank you Raigore!

@ramiboo: Our most inactive admin award would go easily to Spencer. But jokes aside, whenever I need help in any server/forum related topic, you are there to help. It is the most normal thing for you but I can tell you, I am very grateful for your time and effort which still goes into RSR. Thank you Spenciboo!

@Ricardo Macieira: What should I exactly say to you Ricardo. I am honest, when you and Noztra joined us in early 2019 to lead our Assetto Corsa section I was very skeptical if that would work. Nearly 1 year later I can only say this was the best choice I could have made. You have an insane drive of productivity and you are the most generous person I could possibly know. Stay exactly as you are Ricardo, I am grateful to have you onboard!

Just to teaser you a little, for 2020 we have planned a new PC2 league, AC league, possible ACC league, extension of our RF2 events and first involvements with AMS2. So stay tuned ;)

Finally, I wish you all a great holiday period but do not go away too far from your rig, in January 2020 we will be hitting the track again with some great events planned!

Your Angry German,

Manu aka t0daY

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice words Manu @t0daY , can't agree more with everything you wrote down!
Easily the most friendly, funny and helpful Sim-Racing community I have come across so far with a lot of very talented drivers!

Thanks again for the RSS3 league, had a look a the results yesterday again and had a really big smile on my face when I remember how much fun this league was! :shame:

Cheers,
Exited

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone. I think we can all be guilty of taking the team here at RSR for granted, but I'm hugely thankful for all the work that goes in behind the scenes. Having been an admin before I know exactly what the demands are. I have seeked help from a couple of admins recently and they have been first class! It is a great close community feel here at RSR.

Well done everyone, looking forward to 2020 at RSR!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks to all the admin team for another great year. I've enjoyed multiple leagues this year and, as I sit in my RSR hoody with my RSR mug of tea, I'm looking forward to great things next year. I'm very thankful for your hard efforts on our behalf. I'm looking forward to a rolling start in 2020.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I said this a few times already, but RSR is the perfect kind of community - good organisation, great racing, chill atmosphere without sweating like their moms were at stake.

Merry Christmas to the admins and everyone! <3

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone, im speechless
Thanks Mom, Dad, all RSR staff for accepting me and most important the entire RSR community without you all there's no rsr
Like Manu said above we have big plans for AC/ACC and AMS2 later on so stay tuned we'll be back stronger than ever
Thank you ALL again

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
RSR mug of tea,
New 2020 merch - RSR teabags!

Very kind words Manu and while we have our differences it’s productive in moving forward and with that, we reach the end of another year. We are all one big team!

I would also like to personally thank the @Stewards for their commitment and time put into discussing and reviewing incidents. It’s not always easy to decide on an incident but with the experience they have they always reach the right conclusion.

Manus profile quote sums RSR up perfectly - “Strangers become Friends, Friends become Family”

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
The RSR Tea, an open worm flavour of friendliness with a slight taste of workaround and a pinch of exploit on the final note.

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I’m always humbled by the work and effort done by all the Admins here at RSR and although not part of the day to day running am very proud to still have my name involved in a small way. The community has proved its resilience as the changes in sim racing over the last few years have torn many communities apart. My biggest admiration always goes to @t0daY for the commitment he has for RSR and steering it in his own special way. 2020 will soon be upon us and with it some new challenges, I’ll do my best to find some time to enjoy some RSR battles of my own, maybe in AMS2. All the best.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And finally @t0daY the angry German that brings dread when an unexpected private message arrives (the what have I done?! Thought). In reality it's rarely bad. And this whole community wouldn't exist without you and your hard work, and I know how it's helped me and others at times.

Continue to be angry... You've earned it!

Users who are viewing this thread