Until: Thursday, November 8, 2018 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Another option could also be to run a single GT car series from RSS.

Ferrari 550
Ferrari 575
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT

http://racesimstudio.com/shop
Post automatically merged:

If people are up for it, we can do some more testing tonight. :)

Would be nice to see the same and new people so we can get everyone's opinion. :)

Last edited:

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
I love the V8 supercar - (how balanced are the 3 of them?) - didn't need to try it last night as it was one of the first cars i drove when I got AC a few days ago.

RS01 was surprisingly good and would be a "safe" option.

DTM car was ok to drive, but was a bit dull on it's own, might be fun in a close race though.

Same for the Seat, probably great fun in a race..

haven't tried the Ford yet, but it looked a handful and might not be suited to novices.

not a fan of open wheelers, so will try them at some point, possibly, maybe....if that's what's decided on for a league..

Electric thing - no way - sound was horrible, couldn't listen to that for even a lap.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Similar to the above really.

Enjoyed the V8 supercar but I think it would be carnage for a league. The RS01 and the Leon would provide close racing, with the Leon feeling dull compared to the RS01. I think the Leon would be similar to the TT Cup season I've raced in before.

Not a fan of the F3 or the Formula E. Also, I liked the Focus but it needs a lot less power to be suitable for all.

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm on the same wave as the precursors, but the iFormula could be serviceable for some dissolute "no rules" fun event, as were Drink&drive evenings and nights :cool:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
So for tonight the plan is to test some modern DTM cars (2018) and some GT1 cars. Maybe an open wheeler. :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
So for tonight the plan is to test some modern DTM cars (2018) and some GT1 cars. Maybe an open wheeler. :)
Maybe F2 from rss

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
let's not "over"-test guys :)

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on tonight's cars,

DTM 2018 - Loads of fun, great balance of speed vs handling, a nice balance between the RS01 handling and the Ford Focus speed from yesterdays testing. There wouldn't be many silly spins but not being precise will hurt your lap time a lot. I could see this creating a fun season.

GT1 - Too much car for me to handle :), started to get to grips with them towards the end but definitely not a "pick up and race" set of cars, the Ferrari '57 was the best of this bunch. If you can drive (have the skill), these are great cars. All very different, all very challenging and great quality model detail and sound. Not for me in league racing as I would have too many problems and I think the V8 Supercar would be a better choice to cover the skills range for a similar style of racing.

After all the tests IMHO my options would be (in order):

1. DTM 2018 (just beats the R.S.01 as I think it would suit a full range of driving styles and skills, would also be visually impressive on the replays with our custom liveries.)
2. R.S.01 (see above, safer option for lesser skilled without loosing the fun for the better drivers)
3. V8 Supercars (I would need to improve my fitness :inpain:, these are insane and might not be to everyone's liking)
4. Indy Car 2018 (I would love a season of these especially if the season had 1 oval but I know some people seem not to like it)

Hope this helps.:)

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
Weirdly I enjoyed the Formula E car the most, haha, maybe because its so different and handled like a proper open wheeler, faster than I thought! I did enjoy the V8 Supercar, but it is very hard to drive and I would expect some might give up after this car after a few races if we did a full league, Rs 01, easy to drive but boring, Seat TCR slow and boring but would create super close racing, Ford Focus was insane, very understeery but has good soundtrack, F3 car was a bit meh, too much grip, not enough power.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
DTM 2018 was very fun to drive last night. A "easy" car to drive with plenty of grip and decent speed without being to fast. Think it will provide close racing. :)

Love the GT1's, but like @cheekymunkey78 says they are a handful and the cars are so different that we would need open setups. Love to drive them trough and the sound and looks are amazing. :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Weirdly I enjoyed the Formula E car the most, haha, maybe because its so different and handled like a proper open wheeler, faster than I thought! I did enjoy the V8 Supercar, but it is very hard to drive and I would expect some might give up after this car after a few races if we did a full league, Rs 01, easy to drive but boring, Seat TCR slow and boring but would create super close racing, Ford Focus was insane, very understeery but has good soundtrack, F3 car was a bit meh, too much grip, not enough power.
F3 is meh -> can somebody remove this guy from this forum? :p :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
F3 is meh -> can somebody remove this guy from this forum? :p:p

Against a small contribution I have nothing against that :D :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well after testing cars offline.
Not keen on the GT cars probbly becouse i hate them lol and its the same kind of thing eveybody does all the time..(lets not be sheep)
Anyhow my vote would be for in no particular order.

. tcr leon
.btcc cars
.dtm calibra
. and after some long long trying the v8 gets a vote too some times a pain in the ass but very rewarding when you get it right(bathurst track is a must if we use these)

This is only my opinion im sure what ever get picked will be great (gough gough not gt lol) i do think we need to do more fun races with everyone so we can all get used to each other an track.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Well after testing cars offline.
Not keen on the GT cars probbly becouse i hate them lol and its the same kind of thing eveybody does all the time..(lets not be sheep)
Anyhow my vote would be for in no particular order.

. tcr leon
.btcc cars
.dtm calibra
. and after some long long trying the v8 gets a vote too some times a pain in the ass but very rewarding when you get it right(bathurst track is a must if we use these)

This is only my opinion im sure what ever get picked will be great (gough gough not gt lol) i do think we need to do more fun races with everyone so we can all get used to each other an track.

You should try the 2018 DTM.. They are really good and should provide close Racing. :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My choices are:
Open wheelers: Indy 2018
GT Style: DTM 2018, TCR,Renault RS.01

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
If the DTMs drive anything like they do in Raceroom then a DTM season would be pretty sweet :p

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is my opinion about the cars we tried out:

My most favorite car is the V8 Supercars. It's just the most enjoyable to drive and also got the best sound.

Probably for the upcoming league would be the perfect choice is the 2018 DTM pack. I think the developers have done an amazing work with the basic setup. The cars are easy to drive even with ABS/TC off.

I don't find the rest of the cars enoughly enjoyable to drive. Maybe with some practice I can find their sweet spots, but they are not that type of cars, that I can easily jump in and get the right feeling after a couple of laps.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just curious are you aiming for a full lobby if so how many is that.???

Users who are viewing this thread