Project CARS 2 Italian V12 Shootout (by PRD & RSR) (1 Viewer)

Italian V12 Shootout (by PRD & RSR)
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 19:00
Until: Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I give up, definitely out. Sorry for the late notice but been struggling a bit. Going to tune in to a stream or two from an iPad. Something that actually might work.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Spent 2 hour practicing, ran 5 laps :(
My clutch pedal sensor was dirty, it was acceptable when I was practicing, only spiking sometime. I added 20% deadzone before the race start in case it goes worse, and it just went completely broken after the race start. The clutch just randomly kicked in anytime, cause me to be slow on straightline and turning me around when braking. I had to retire because I started to be dangerous to drive around :/

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
guys, thanks for a great race! This was my first 'endurance' race & as a first it went pretty well
spun once, had to pit twice for damage, the first time i tried to adapt my strategy but pcars didn't change tyres though it was told to :rolleyes:
after that I was quite lonely throughout.
my hands are crying out in pain but worth it to get to the end =D
Thanks to @Elodyr for the practise before hand ;D

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Practised <1h, had H-Shifter failure in the beginning of the race :( hence why I lost lead and P2 :(
H-Shifter for me was approx. 0.6 sec faster per lap.

Not that happy with very few of the faster class, some dangerous moves and 2 or 3 insane stuff that led to collisions. Won't call names, the people I mean know it themselves.
Cost me over 30 sec in damage + more damage due to malfunctioning H-Shifter.

Still happy with P3 and great pole lap :p

Disappointed in people signing up but not racing, seriously this is just frustrating and I think something should be done about it.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed those cars today, They're constantly fun to drive.

I got a bit lucky with the traffic in the early laps and managed to pull a bit of a gap to the cars behind. Not much happened after that other than the guys behind falling off plus some really questionable back markers trying to fight and block when getting lapped. The worst was getting brake checked half way through Curva Grande though. That nearly destroyed my race and I was very lucky to escape with only 3 damage. I seemed to loose a bit of concentration with about 30mins to go and made a few silly mistakes too. But I got it to the end and was surprised how quickly it was over.

Here is my stream:

See you next time!

GosuNoob

Community Member
Reaction score
Excellent race as always guys.

Unfortunately my race ended after my F50 encountered a sausage that was just too large to eat, and I ended up parked on my side just off track of 2nd chicane.

Hopefully the sight wasn't too distracting while it was there for the few that got to see it.

Some of the mid-pack Ferrari battles were incredible for 15-20 laps, and the top 2 in the Lambos put on a good show.

Great race everyone, a huge congrats to everyone that was able to complete the race!

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Big event, 144 minutes of fighting with pilots and machine. @MelBonkers thanks for the clean fight at the end of the race, @SBart_uk with victory, in GT1 class, @anaxi with victory, in GTO class. More often would such race.
Many thanks to the organizers of Revolution Sim Racing and Panther Racing Division

@Explousion Sorry

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This was my first online endurance race ever and I really enjoyed it. :cool:

That's quite though tbh, a lot can happen. Lapping other cars was dramatic, even with extra caution. I've no idea if this is usual, but it could have end my race a few times, no doubt about it. :eek:

The strategy added some suspense. I was unsure about 2 or 3 stops. My numbers indicated the end result would have been close, if not identical.
I finally went for 3 stops, to feel more confident with the car, as this allowed a lower level of fuel.

Considering the lap times, I assume that the leaders pack started with 1 aero? I've choose 2, that was maybe too conservative for the conditions. But I think in the end it allowed me to dodge some incidents, which would happened more easily with 1 aero than 2.

I really enjoyed those cars today, They're constantly fun to drive.
.. very lucky to escape with only 3 damage. I seemed to loose a bit of concentration with about 30mins to go and made a few silly mistakes too.
Having an excellent car balance and confidence, I was trying to close the gap and I was pushing hard to take advantage of @SBart_uk mistakes, as I was seeing the gap reducing. A lapping car incident caused me both aero and suspension damage. Starting from there I kept pushing, but to secure 2nd place, which I luckily kept because @Corentin_Bergès was short on fuel during the last lap. :woot:

Congrats to @SBart_uk and @anaxi for the victory, and cheers everyone for the nice spirit.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Corentin_Bergès I completely forgot about you , thank you for setting up the car

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I‘m confused now about the Diablo. It must be an H-Shifter because you see it in VR? :oops:

The race was not what I expected for me, because I had no real pace until the end. Sure i was driving 80% because i did not practice, but still i taugt after two hours i should be able to match the pace. :confused:
But still no lap below 1:50.

Anyway, thanks for the race. Sadly very few people showed up. Please - we can do better in the future!

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had an absolute blast yesterday. My first long race with our RSR/PRD community in 2 years or so! And what a race! Qualified 10th and got through the first chicane in 5th position. Tried to keep up with @PatatorJohn, but locked my tires a couple of times and had to let him go. But could hold P5 quite well. Than I made my first pitstop......and my crew didn't change my tires (although my defaulted pitstop strategy had tires change as well). Dropped back to P7 and decided to go into the pits to do the tire change as well. When I came back on track I found myself behind @eagle and this turned out to be a fantastic thing really. The next 30 minutes or so were one epic battle: slipstreaming, braking late, sometimes rubbing paint and side mirrors, but nothing major. Oh how I enjoyed this battle. When @eagle performed his pitstop I continued and even got to P2 before I had to perform my last pitstop. This time I got fuel and fresh tires and when I got back on track I was again behind @eagle (not THIS guy again :D ). Later I caught up and again we had a great battle. I think my tires were fresh and I could overtake him. Little did I know that I would have an epic battle with @Eugene Gajkin in the last 20 minutes of the race. Damn that was tough, but SOOOOOOO enjoyable!!!! After I overtook @Eugene Gajkin I could secure P5. I loved every single second of this race!

Oh yeah and to all the GT0 I was saying sorry: it was because locking up the tires under breaking and going off track sometimes. I had this a couple of times and I hope I didn't ruin your races.

Thanx @steveg200 for the help with the setup. The F50 was a blast and quite stable, which gave me lots of confidence racing the screaming lady :D. Thanx @RSR Admin for organizing this fantastic event!

This is my full video of the quali and race, sadly no sound as I was recording my sound card instead of the Rift.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Practised <1h, had H-Shifter failure in the beginning of the race :( hence why I lost lead and P2 :(
H-Shifter for me was approx. 0.6 sec faster per lap.
:( Sucks. Interesting to hear you actually find the shifter faster. I find it more immersive, but I'm actually worse with one :D (I'd still always use it).

Not that happy with very few of the faster class, some dangerous moves and 2 or 3 insane stuff that led to collisions. Won't call names, the people I mean know it themselves.
Cost me over 30 sec in damage + more damage due to malfunctioning H-Shifter.

It's definitely worth more multiclass events. This seems to be an issue everytime a (rare) multiclass event comes up (though faster classes and slower classes will always have friction on who should do what to be safe)

Still happy with P3 and great pole lap :p
Grats!

Disappointed in people signing up but not racing, seriously this is just frustrating and I think something should be done about it.
This is why i really liked the in-season scheme. No show = lose your spot. Seriously people. If you sign up, consider it a commitment. Perhaps out of season events could benefit from a similar system? E.g. DNS factors into season selection? Worth considering

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I spectate the rest of the race after my early retirement
I recorded most of the battles and commentated one or two of them
Thanx for the video! Sorry to hear that your pedals broke down while you practised a lot for this man :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread