Project CARS 2 In-Game Photo Thread (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say, this game is a bit pretty. As with all my shots, these are straight from the game, with no external injectors running and no post-editing in any way.

(click the images if you want the 4K versions)

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
ss193730.jpg
DQyO6qJUQAAmKNN.jpeg
DRPrpABX4AAkhfa.jpeg

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Harvest Time in Farm Sim 17

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not entirely in-game ;)

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I hope one day we'll have this level of environment and crowds with smooth VR performance

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know how you get some of your shots to look so awesome. Obviously the game is capable, and I just don't have an eye for them. Here is my thumbnail image for last nights race. A bit of 70s filter, grain and chromatic abberation for that amateur photographer look
ss225219.jpg

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

(straight from Photo Mode this time, no real photo blending)
Is this a 4K photo? I struggle to get anything near as good looking as this. Is it just really learning to make the best of motion settings etc, or am I missing some "developer mode". I don't have a 4K screen, can I convince PC2 to output photos in 4K anyway?

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't have a 4K screen, can I convince PC2 to output photos in 4K anyway?
You can set custom resolution to your screen via drivers (if your display is capable to handle higher resolutions)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That is straight out of the retail build :)

It is indeed a 4K shot (3840 x 2400 to be precise). I also only have a 1920x1200 monitor but I use NVidia's DSR feature (at 4x setting) to render the images 'off screen' at 3840x2400 and downsample to 1920x1200 on-screen. I don't get 60fps of course but it doesn't matter, I'm taking screenshots, not racing. The result is that screenshots are saved in 4K as that's how they are rendered.

The rest is down to playing with the settings, finding the angle, focus, tracking, filters etc that work the best. Trial and error.

Before I got involved in DLC screenshots for Project CARS 1, I never bothered taking shots at all. I never saw the point. Then I realised what a massive ego trip it is to see your screenshots broadcast all round the world by car manufacturers, hardware manufacturers and the press. That's the only reason I do it* :D . Anyhoo, point is, I've been taking shots for a couple of years now and of course, like any photographer, I'm not going to post the ones that I think look crap ;).

*not really. I actually love taking these shots, more so when I know that some people will get some pleasure out of viewing them :). I've been known to go on an all-night screenshot bender and take hundreds upon hundreds of shots, only to permanently delete 90% of them afterwards. That's the great thing about this, you can take as many as you like and then cast a more critical eye over them afterwards. Miss a moment? Fire the game up and try again :).

Oh and one final thing. I never take shots from replays. If I miss a moment, I miss a moment.

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Man, you're on fire! :)

Users who are viewing this thread