Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I dont have much problems with that i understand it completely to support mods instead just share it , the thing is tho that how much are you going to use these cars you know ? I mean yes if there will be a league with it its worth the money but imo its down the toilet if its only for a practice /event race. When are you ever going to use the cars is more the question.
More than likely the paid mods will be more for leagues. We understand that not everyone is willing to spend X amount on a mod for 1 race. For a league as im sure your aware the quality of the mods and the season length justifies the cost of mods(within reason)

MATT1

Community Member
Reaction score
getting the cheksum error as well.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn’t know I would have to buy the cars :/

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
That was a very fun and challenging event. In the end only 8 people turned up, and I ended up with 2 podiums (YAY!), mostly because of consistency and perstistence, not raw pace.

The cars are very difficult to drive, especially on this track and if you don't have time to work on a setup. I don't think they would be great for league racing. Plus there is the pricing, which probably did (and would) turn away a lot of the people. I'm still of the opinion that with all the different cars available there is no need for paid mods.

So what would i like to see next season?
There is a reason GT3 cars are so popular. They offer a great balance between grip, downforce, power and skill. They are also RWD and with paddle shifting.
But I won't propose GT3 - we'll get enough of those when ACC comes out, but something on a similar level would be nice. I think admins are considering a G55 Supercup, which fits these terms nicely. It lacks a bit of power though.

My personal favourite is (let's keep it to single car championships, just for the sake of balance) the Renault R.S.01.

Track-wise we could do something less european, maybe american flavoured: mosport, road atlanta, mid ohio, sebring and similar spring to mind. Perhaps throw in a street course in there.

Users who are viewing this thread