Assetto Corsa Graphic Guide (1 Viewer)

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here are some useful tips to get the best performance out of your system

Recording your race
Turn this feature OFF for better performance but of course leave this enabled if you want to record replays to play back later.

Apps
Some apps can have a significant effect on system performance / framerates, so experiment with what apps are essential for you, vs performance. As a guide, RaceEssentials and Sidekick can have an impact of 30fps! As a general rule of thumb, the more apps you run, the more fps you will lose.

Graphic
Here you can make the most progress:

Display Page
  • V-sync
    Best to disable this, as it can induce significant input lag
  • Anisotrophic filtering
    Higher settings here have a high impact on performance, so experiment with what works best for you. High quality vs stable framerates.
  • Anti-Aliasing samples
    As with aniso-filter, this has a high impact on performance so, again, experiment with what works best on your own system
  • World detail
    Low impact on performance so start at the highest level and adjust if necessary
  • Shadow resolution
    Significant performance impact so again, adjust to suit
Effect Page
  • Smoke generation
    High performance impact, set to low on low-end systems
  • Post-processing effects
    Very high performance impact but a significant improvement in quality. Experiment with the settings to find the best balance for your system and trade-off between visual quality and framerate
  • Crepsular rays, Heat shimmering effects, fast approximate anti-aliasing
    Disable these for better performance but at the expense of missing some graphical "icing on the cake".
Reflections Page
  • Mirror resolution + high quality mirror reflection
    High quality mirror reflection has a very high performance impact, so consider turning this off if you are struggling to maintain stable framerates
  • Reflection quality
    Considerable performance impact. Experiment with the settings to find a nice balance between visual quality and framerate
  • Reflection rendering quality
    Set to static and LOW reflection quality, or medium on faster systems

As with all games, it's a case of trying various settings and seeing what works best for you on your own system. Except for the highest quality systems, there will always be a trade-off between visual quality and stable framerates, so set what is best for you.

If you find anything new or have some tips you want to share, post them in this thread :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you configure video settings with Content Manager, you can compare settings with a visual preview, as well as see how much performance will be impacted. Very handy!

1.png
tempsnip.jpg

firefly

Community Member
Reaction score
I have to say I'm impressed at how good this game runs and how pretty it looks. Cheers for this post. Very helpful to get the best out of this game.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there a good place to start for a fairly high end system?

i7 8700K - 1080Ti - 3000 RAM
Running 1440p Triples

Basically, I'm looking for someone else to do all the hard work and just to benefit from there experience :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The typical lazy one :D

I think with that CPU/GPU you should be able to run nearly maxed out. At least thats what others said in different forums :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there a good place to start for a fairly high end system?

i7 8700K - 1080Ti - 3000 RAM
Running 1440p Triples

Basically, I'm looking for someone else to do all the hard work and just to benefit from there experience :D
Well, I ramped most of the detail up to max and it was pretty darn smooth in my Rift but that was just with either myself or myself and Battenberg on track. No idea what it's like with more cars.

EDIT : Forgot to add, I only have a GTX 980 and an i5-8600k

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
This game runs like a dream on my potato FX 6300 and GTX 1060 rig. You guys can definitely crank the settings up. Just turn down tyre smoke as it makes the game go to like 3fps at the start of the race
Post automatically merged:

Also in the video settings that Manu shared. There is a Benchmark option. Its an AI race around Spa for 1 lap. Good way to get your perfomance with cars. Here's mine with those settings

Ok well photo wont upload. Min FPS= 7, Max FPS=188, AVG FPS= 144

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread :)

So sidekick is framepersec killer...

Then I'll stop using it. Can't maintain 90 in online race since I have installed it.

So what is recommendation, what apps to use? Is this mean that apps which are not visible on screen, are not used?

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread :)

So sidekick is framepersec killer...

Then I'll stop using it. Can't maintain 90 in online race since I have installed it.

So what is recommendation, what apps to use? Is this mean that apps which are not visible on screen, are not used?

Yep, sidekick is great but a major FPS killer.

I have found if the apps are not on the screen they don't affect FPS.

Also the number of cars and apps are CPU heavy not GPU so changing the graphics will have minimal effect.

For apps to use it depends on what you want to see. Have you figured out what info you need?

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Have you figured out what info you need?

Maybe fuel level, tyre wear..... don't know if I need tyre temps onscreen. and relative postions. I think that I dont need anything else.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe fuel level, tyre wear..... don't know if I need tyre temps onscreen. and relative postions. I think that I dont need anything else.

For Tyre wear (and temps + more) I use "ProTyres" and the Ini & Lut Pack - This provides me with all the information I need but is very visually easy and much better than the inbuilt offering on tyres.

ProTyres App: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres.14030/
ProTyres Lut: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/protyres-ini-lut-pack.18088/

For Fuel I have used "Fuel Usage (Exotic Mod)" - Very light weight but all the info you need + a little bit more if you want.

Fuel Usage App: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fuel-usage-esotic-mod.12006/

For relative positions I have yet to find a better app than the one built in, this is a big resource hit but is lighter than any 3rd party offering I know of (apart from some android apps). However I no longer use it as I now do the following and this is using much less resource.

Track Map Display: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-map-display.3508/

I used this for the first time in the last race and it was amazing. I don't care about regular updates on others lap times or how close they are to the second (especially as the relative app values all go to pot in hairpins, etc...) but I do want to know the people in front or behind are cars on the same lap, me lapping them or I am being lapped. This gives me that visually also allows me to check where everyone is on the track.

With Track Map I also use "Crew Chief" to provide me with status updates, timings and as a spotter, This provides audio rather than visual information which allows me to concentrate on the track rather than multiple apps.

Crew Chief: http://www.thecrewchief.org/

Additional note, I have recently also started using Contents Manager and have found that it loads less resource in to memory than the Assetto Corsa's default launcher (menu).

Regards,

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread