Project CARS 2 Ginetta Challenge R3: Brands Hatch - 7th June 2018 (1 Viewer)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No problems here, I find profiler works well for me and my dfgt. It might be wheel dependent, but I also use a 'persistant' master profile, rather than multiple game specific ones.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Second race 2nd corner some idiot pushes up the inside so watching what that one was doing I missed that the one in front braked early, I hit him but only gently, everyone else piles into my back. 28 RR suspension car unhandlable so retired
Well I don't know if you're talking about me as I was on the inside of that turn and got hit from the side but I don't remember having "pushed" it, I was more keeping the line I already had... (no replay for me neither so I can't verify what happened) maybe it's not me but anyway I'd suggest not to call people names, it is just a virtual race. I was extremely pissed myself yesterday as I was taken out of the race for the third time in this series and had very bad issues with the game in Q and R1 and had to retire. I really wanted to call people names but I won't, it's just not worth it.

But what I'd like to say is that despite I really tried my best to leave people room, keeping my line, avoid dangerous situation, forward thinking, etc. after the Nurburgring incidents, I still can't do anything to avoid carnage... After avoiding several incidents (already after 4 turns) I got taken out in a straight line, driving straight... It just seems like people don't know what's around them! This is not fun, that's not close racing. Let's face it there is a problem with midfield driving...

Don't want to seem grumpy or anything but I'm not really looking forward to the next races anymore because of that and that's sad...

Still like you, you turn 1 apes ;)

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know if you're talking about me as I was on the inside of that turn and got hit from the side but I don't remember having "pushed" it, I was more keeping the line I already had... (no replay for me neither so I can't verify what happened) maybe it's not me but anyway I'd suggest not to call people names, it is just a virtual race. I was extremely pissed myself yesterday as I was taken out of the race for the third time in this series and had very bad issues with the game in Q and R1 and had to retire. I really wanted to call people names but I won't, it's just not worth it.

But what I'd like to say is that despite I really tried my best to leave people room, keeping my line, avoid dangerous situation, forward thinking, etc. after the Nurburgring incidents, I still can't do anything to avoid carnage... After avoiding several incidents (already after 4 turns) I got taken out in a straight line, driving straight... It just seems like people don't know what's around them! This is not fun, that's not close racing. Let's face it there is a problem with midfield driving...

Don't want to seem grumpy or anything but I'm not really looking forward to the next races anymore because of that and that's sad...

Still like you, you turn 1 apes ;)
Wasn't Me!!:)
I understand how you feel good bro. Calling names is 100% out of order. But, just so you know you are very highly respected bro by all and I got nothing but respect for you and I look up to you (Wanna race like you when I get faster). Its always awesome to have you on track (One of the cleanest and most patient racers in RSR). The mid field to be honest is like being on the front line of a battle zone.
I felt like quitting a couple weeks back, but, its no fun racing on your own or with people you cannot talk to.

Keep smiling bro. Look forward to the next meet on track;)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But, just so you know you are very highly respected bro by all and I got nothing but respect for you and I look up to you (Wanna race like you when I get faster). Its always awesome to have you on track (One of the cleanest and most patient racers in RSR).
Get a room :D

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Neh lets share puff amonst us :hungry:

That way we share, he doesn't need too :D mmmmm..... :hungry:tasty marshmellows:hungry:
I really hope he meant not sharing RanJ :D #homoerotism (rape song from Pulp Fiction playing in my head)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let’s not go there xD

Let’s say, puffi doesn’t share food :D

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
......mmmmmmmmm.......

stay puft.jpg

....... Marshmellows :hungry:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Erm

Back on topic guys, thanking you :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After avoiding several incidents (already after 4 turns) I got taken out in a straight line, driving straight...
Oh wow... After seeing @King-Kodiak 's stream I realized that's actually me that pushed towards @Battenberg :O Strangely it felt different from what I remembered... It looks like a bit of oversteer to me but again that's not the way I remember it :( Sorry for that, I feel like a fool... Good thing is that was not me on turn 2! ^^'

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh wow... After seeing @King-Kodiak 's stream I realized that's actually me that pushed towards @Battenberg :O Strangely it felt different from what I remembered... It looks like a bit of oversteer to me but again that's not the way I remember it :( Sorry for that, I feel like a fool... Good thing is that was not me on turn 2! ^^'

Was it this bit?

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was it this bit?

Yup, it was... I can't help thinking it felt different from my POV... I swear for me the collision happened a few meters later and in a straight line... :eek: It really messes with my mind. Maybe it was the same rollback/desync problem I had in Q and R1? Nobody was noticing my car desynced or anything but I was experiencing something like the game would slow down then accelerate back again. That's why I retired from R1... I don't know if it was but I'm very sorry for that especially for you @Eugene Flerko :(

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Nobody was noticing my car desynced or anything but I was experiencing something like the game would slow down then accelerate back again. That's why I retired from R1... I don't know if it was but I'm very sorry for that especially for you @Eugene Flerko :(
No worries mate! I have no hard feelings towards you for the incident.

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
After being able to gleam enough of what happened in the second race from peoples videos I have the following to say:

I apologise to @Ranjanado as it was his car that appeared in my mirrors that distracted me. Ranj had moved to allow space for another car on his inside, which in my mirrors looked like he'd come from the back and dived up my inside. I apologise for referencing "idiot" in my previous post. That was out of line, Sorry.
  • Thout shall not alloweth frustration to consumeth me.

I also apologise to I think it was @Thomas Sikora ?? that I knocked off in T2 from allowing myself to be distracted too long and missed my brake window. From most of the videos others have put up I hope my car shielded you from most of the carnage that you were able to continue.

I keep saying that you should focus only on whats infront of you, and this time I need to listen to my advice.

I would advise everyone to save the replay if you can, as it could save you looking like a total "Donk" when reviewing what happened.

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
It seems that from @firefly POV the first contact happened between him and me. However I have to say it again: he had terrible sync issues right before the incident. What happened from my point of view: his car started to warp on start-finish line then disappeared completely by the moment he exited turn 1. As you can see from replay other drivers didn't see him staying on the side of track and they just went through him.
So it appears that he can only blame sync issues from his own side. That's really unlucky.

Ah, that makes sense as your car seemed unaffected and undamaged. Thanks for helping me understand, @Eugene Flerko.

Users who are viewing this thread