Project CARS 2 Ginetta Challenge R1: Nürburgring - 24th May 2018 (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I did some laps to practice for this, and I noticed that as soon as I reach my steering lock, my force feedback just kinda cuts out and it feels really strange. I guess it's a handy way of telling when I've reached my steering lock, but it feels weird as hell.

Does anyone know anything about this? It only happens with this specific car.

I'm using a T150.
yup - happens with my G920 too. I think the car is just weird. I did not find a solution

@Admins: I'm going to pull out of this sorry. Long work and tiredness don't make for a fun race. Hopefully one of the reserves will be happy to take the spot. GL tonight all

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awwww, and you were the first to sign up!

@eagle , you are now off the reserves list and into the main driver's list for tonight's race :)

@Mearcat, I assume you're still on the fence for racing tonight and happy to stay on the reserve list?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Awwww, and you were the first to sign up!
Yeah... but sometimes you gotta know your limits...and I'm passing mine. Enjoy folks, if Tuesday's GT5 race was anything to go by, these should be cracking fun.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah so this is where I should have signed up then... I'll know for next time, hopefully see you all then!

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Overworked, overslept....sorry. One of my favorite tracks too... :*(

RimanDk

Community Member
Reaction score
Great fun and great battles! Some very close racing in these things =)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had to drop out after the first race, I felt (and still feel) a bit awful. I couldn't really concentrate and my mind just wanted to shut down. I had zero pace in qualifying and was beginning to wonder if I'd somehow picked the wrong car but as the race started I realised it wasn't the car, it was just me.

Hope race 2 got off to a better start than race 1. That 1st corner pile-up was pretty embarrassing (though it did allow me to move up from 14th to 6th and on to finish 4th, so thank you everybody for your stupidity ;) )

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a fantastic 2 races there was soo many battles i had i cant remember all of you but know they were brilliant... Also for any bumps nudges or bangs i had with some i can only apologize if it was my fault and if it was yours dont worry about it.. Its only a game lets have more fun races like that great to be back just racing again....

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Slow cars make for the best racing...

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@fab. ICEMAN, mate that was beastly drive! From the back row to the lead in 14 minutes :O
Thank you! :) I think that was the most intense race in terms of traffic/overtaking action I've ever had! Really enjoyed that, especially after my 'little' break I took.

Also GGs to @Puffpirat, @steveg200 and @The Hunter, exciting battles with you and fair racing :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow guys! So much fun with this car! :) thanks @Raigore for this event!

QUALI : P4, it went well but under my PB time. I didn't manage my gap with others very well so it cost me some time.

RACE 1 : I had a good start and battled for P3 the first few laps. Later @Puffpirat did a mistake so I ended up in P3 and managed my pace until the end. Good to be on the podium again! :)

RACE 2 : I did good on turn 1, I took the outside so I was in a good position for the next turn. The problem is I wasn't very comfortable in all that traffic and was a bit rushing too much to climb back quickly where I should have taken my time. I've been boxed multiple times, took some aero damage as well. Then I ruined my race, I was too much agressive with @Eugene Flerko and ended up in a situation where we were 3 wide with @Jamesl91 then I lost control after having contact. EDIT : After seeing the replay this is not correct, I misdjuged the gap, hit Flerko, spinned in front of James... Could have been avoided, I should have backed off and try later, that was an unnecessary commitment. So I tried my best to rejoin the pack. After a good battle with @Darksi, I managed to clear a 16s gap to the guys fighting for P10. With a few minutes left I was all in and passed @Shepard then battled with @Jonno. During that battle, we had a small contact in the chicane enough to destabilize my car. As I catched it I hit @Shepard and pushed him off track. It was definetly not intentional but I did the mistake not to wait for him. I didn't see him go off track and was rushing again to catch Jonno so my mind was too much in a tunnel. I have apologized and I understand if he decides to take the incident in front of the stewards. Sorry again for having lacked fair play there, it wasn't intentional but I should have known better. Finished P13 I think. Lesson learned : too much aggressiveness doesn't make a good race and it hurts other's as well...

EDIT : yup, after seeing the replay from your POV I definetly should have gave you back the position :(

Last edited:

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This mini-league is going to be so much fun :D had a blast in the 1st race finishing 6th and then managing to get back up to 6th in the 2nd race was great but then my Internet dropped for 30 seconds I got disconnected with 5 mins or so to go :(

Big congrats to @fab. ICEMAN on the double win!!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this was very frustrating start of the first race! I was slightly punted by @Mark in result my car spun and was thrown at @The Hunter, so we both went outside the track. Two other guys were the victims of the incident when the yellow car on the right of Mark (@firefly I think) tried to avoid contact with him and shoved off the white car near him (not sure but looked like @Jamesl91). Seconds later inglorious Instant Karma caught Mark in the first corner where he crashed into @firefly and went airborne.
Really not quite the start we want to see here.
I was at good 8th place after the qualification but had to climb up from p27.

The second race was way better for me. I had some slight contacts with @Ashnoom, was kissed under my tale by @Taorminator :eek: lost a car once but finished within top 10 :)

Last edited:

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh man, that was super fun! Thanks for putting all this together. Really looking forward to the rest of this little series. Here's a highlight clip:

Race 1: Battling for 7th place with @Jonno, @eagle, @firefly, @SillySausage, @Ashnoom, and @RimanDk around halfway through the race.

I won't be able to attend the next round at Oulton Park. So, good luck to all drivers!

Last edited:

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
@Mearcat, I assume you're still on the fence for racing tonight and happy to stay on the reserve list?

I apologise as this is way late but it's difficult to check forums when out on the network (got to look like I'm working in front of the boss).

In future, if I have to attend a site, I will sign out to save you guessing if I will make it.

Users who are viewing this thread