Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone any idea how to discover where desyncing comes from in relation to pCars2 or a method to prevent it?
I've had serious issues with pCars1 and being desynced in online races and in the last few RSR-league races I've encountered the same issues (mainly causing weird contacts).

I don't have desyncing issues with any other racingsim or game, nor is my PC struggling with pCars2 (GPU and CPU are fine)

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
AFAIK Desyncing only occurs due to latency between you, the server and the other person(s).

If connected over WiFi your latency increases at least a tenfold. And will also fluctuate way more than using a cabled connection. So, if possible, always use a wired connection.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
have you tried a new ethernet cable?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi guys, has anyone any idea how to discover where desyncing comes from in relation to pCars2 or a method to prevent it?
I've had serious issues with pCars1 and being desynced in online races and in the last few RSR-league races I've encountered the same issues (mainly causing weird contacts).

I don't have desyncing issues with any other racingsim or game, nor is my PC struggling with pCars2 (GPU and CPU are fine)
Project Cars 2 only or RSR Servers only? This is worth testing and confirming.

Server routing and QoS (Quality of Service) by ISPs can influence things greatly and routes to some servers might be better than others. You might want to start recording your sessions with PingPlotter or similar to identify problems.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Project Cars 2 only or RSR Servers only? This is worth testing and confirming.

Server routing and QoS (Quality of Service) by ISPs can influence things greatly and routes to some servers might be better than others. You might want to start recording your sessions with PingPlotter or similar to identify problems.

I’ve not had issues in public lobbies but then again... too far in front to be in issue-range

have you tried a new ethernet cable?

Wireless, but only recently and pCars2 only related issues which is the weird thing about it. If I had the issues prior they were unnoticed.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I’ve not had issues in public lobbies but then again... too far in front to be in issue-range

Wireless, but only recently and pCars2 only related issues which is the weird thing about it. If I had the issues prior they were unnoticed.
i definitely would start with wired then. PC2 might not have as good tolerance of latency changes (latency is generally easy to program around, latency change is not so easy from my understanding of game networking)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i definitely would start with wired then. PC2 might not have as good tolerance of latency changes (latency is generally easy to program around, latency change is not so easy from my understanding of game networking)

Yeah, a wire won't work :D
Need to go through 3 concrete walls to get a wire going. But it's weird that it's only pCars that struggles with it and iracing/rF2 and other games don't even flinch

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, a wire won't work :D
Need to go through 3 concrete walls to get a wire going. But it's weird that it's only pCars that struggles with it and iracing/rF2 and other games don't even flinch
You could try powerline adapters.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I had the house rewired and I got the guy to run 24 network cables to the rooms of my house :). It's the only way to fly...

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
You could nuke my house and the walls would still be intact.
Belgian pre-war buildings :D
If you have the money and the infrastructure available for the following:
https://tweakers.net/categorie/791/...UZLfMnJLUIqD6aiVDQ1NzEF2WmAPUrmRhYWipFFtbWwsA
Then I would recommend either getting a set of:
- 1000E (does not provide WiFi, does not provide a wall-outlet pass through) - cheaper
- 1220E (does not provide WiFI, does however provide wall outlet passthrough) - more expensive
- 1260E (WiFi, wall outlet passthrough) - very expensive

I myself have a network of:
- 1000E inside the "meterkast"
- 1240E in the bedroom (WiFi only)
- 1220E near the HTPC/living room (wired only)
- 1220E in the attic for my PC (wired only)

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how would I go about resetting the "potential lap" times on Pcars2? It's something that I would like to use, but it gets so confused.

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you need to restart or rejoin the session

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Project Cars 2 Update 1.7.0.0
  • Fixed various stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Improved pitstops and repair logic.
  • WMR headset support now enabled.
  • Various other minor fixes.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The DLC appears to be rolling out right now aswell. They've got it in Australia so we shouldn't have too long to wait here.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
The DLC appears to be rolling out right now aswell. They've got it in Australia so we shouldn't have too long to wait here.
Probably 19:00 CEST (17:00 UTC). That is when the steam store updates the DLC.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Am I forced to download the DLC if I get it, to launch the game?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The DLC is already downloaded as part of the patch but that does mean you must download the patch if you want to play online :)

Users who are viewing this thread