Reaction score
looks like you have a challenger @Cluck
(video not by me)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
heh, I'm not going back to that challenge. Besides, that's a custom setup so it's not surprising it beat my time (my lap in that car is now 6th in the table, but still the fastest default)

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
He is using a controller. (look at his erratic steering input). Including erratic breaking and throttle input. It wouldn't even surprise me if he is using controller assists with that as well.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
The leaderboard at the end of his video says he's using a wheel...but it does look like controller inputs (it was horrible to watch)

(there is a TX3 guy who is on top of a lot of the leaderboards using a controller)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Look what i just found at the local groceries :D
IMG_20180512_173331347-1280x960.jpg

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Worth mentioning - because I know the guy that made the trailer - that it is all in-game footage, every single frame :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Worth mentioning - because I know the guy that made the trailer - that it is all in-game footage, every single frame :)
its gorgeous...and if I didn't use VR it would be pushing me straight towards 4K. The water on the car is gorgeous. Though obviously there is also a bit of post processing in the middle for the "old camera" footage.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
its gorgeous...and if I didn't use VR it would be pushing me straight towards 4K. The water on the car is gorgeous. Though obviously there is also a bit of post processing in the middle for the "old camera" footage.
Indeed, there's a lot of effects work going on to recreate the vintage look but the point is, the footage itself is from the game. A lot of people (myself included I will add) thought that particular footage was real when watching the video :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Indeed, there's a lot of effects work going on to recreate the vintage look but the point is, the footage itself is from the game. A lot of people (myself included I will add) thought that particular footage was real when watching the video :)
I've found that in "grey" conditions like heavy cloud the effect is heightened when looking at the cars. There are absolutely moments in PC2 where you go, "hang on - is that the game or real". It's highly impressive, and I can't wait for a well supported 4K VR headset (and a machine that will let me max the settings with it).

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
that is a seriously impressive video! really had to watch it twice to believe it wasnt real!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Ed Mas is still able to surprise!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Not least because it wasn't Ed in charge of this one :D.
Surprise for me! It really is Ed's style of cars representation... Who is it then?

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
JonZ in team!!! I didn't know

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
JonZ in team!!! I didn't know
Yup, has been for quite some time :)

I don't know if the trailer was exclusively his work but I know he was the lead on it. Music is from Stephen Baysted, who is behind almost, if not all of the Project CARS music.

Users who are viewing this thread