Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, it's still not right, apparently. I didn't get an email when you tagged me in your last post.

I think there's a problem because I changed my registered email address. I haven't verified the new one yet. How do I do that?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The Lancer we used yesterday in the snow at Sakitto is possibly my favourite combo in the game :D
I'd never used that lancer before, so was pretty happy that I found such a twitchy car drive-able. I really love getting the H-shifter out for a race or two. I can see the snow being fun as well. Just not in the serious races please!! :D

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
As far as I know @Ashnoom and @Jago25 using the tag already. If you would like to run it, nothing speaks against it :)
I think I put that in when we first did a Crossover. Never asked for permission :-O Not even crossed my mind.

Glad it is allowed :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Porsche Pack DLC is now live on Steam. Have fun everybody :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Porsche RSR :snaphappy::greedy:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's quick and, I suspect, in the right hands it will monster the other cars.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Zemke

Community Member
Reaction score
YES! I'm the 2nd fastest RSR driver in the world! (So far.)

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think this would be any good to get!! I think it could possibly enhance the racing experience

Attachments

• 0753BF5C-C172-4CD6-931A-612AD8462CB4.png
    0753BF5C-C172-4CD6-931A-612AD8462CB4.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 331

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmm, looks a bit dubious, there's very little info on them. It looks like a sort of massage insert for a car seat :p Bass shakers need to have a bit of mass to them, I'm not convinced whatever they're using inside that thin padding would give you more than a little buzz.

I've been thinking of bodging something together out of unwanted audio gear at work :p @Bassetts has 4 bass shakers in his rig in each corner, do you (Bassetts) feel the shakers add anything extra to the experience? Also, having 1 in each corner, does the directional help/is it distinguishable?

Edit - 1 coffee and chat to Jonno later, it could actually be a good idea. You only need subtle cues to get the effect, you don't necessarily want to be thrown out of your seat and shake your house down. You feel the thumps directly through your arse and back, and your chair padding absorbs most of the energy keeping the downstairs neighbours happy! Pretty clever actually. It still looks a bit dodgy being a kickstarter sort of thing, but the product might actually be alright...

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Edit - 1 coffee and chat to Jonno later, it could actually be a good idea. You only need subtle cues to get the effect, you don't necessarily want to be thrown out of your seat and shake your house down. You feel the thumps directly through your arse and back, and your chair padding absorbs most of the energy keeping the downstairs neighbours happy! Pretty clever actually. It still looks a bit dodgy being a kickstarter sort of thing, but the product might actually be alright...

It's possible it could work. Your brain is designed to adapt to and interpret the available stimulous, so even something that doesn't work immediately might work after a few attempts.....or it could just be a race massage chair ;)

Personally I'm holding out til I can do this

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg just come over and try them out ;)

I think the argument for 1 bass shaker is a lot easier than the argument for having it with 4 on each corner of the chassis.

If you have spare audio bits lying around then adding one can be relatively inexpensive and it definitely adds to the immersion especially if you mount it under the seat. I wouldn't want to run with out them anymore the whole experience with them turned off seems a bit lifeless.

Does it make you a better sim driver, who knows. it's another input that goes into the mix when your trying to gauge what the cars doing. I just love feeling from having a bit of the sensation of the road texture and bumps.

The whole thing feels very foreign to me now when I forget to turn the amp on, I love that d-box but that's just silly money, one actuator is probably getting close to the cost of the rig. Once I've got my Cube rims sorted I may look at saving for a couple of actuators there are a few cheaper options around, but they are still very expensive.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
yeah - the dbox is silly money alright. I can but dream. There must be a way to achieve the same for less though.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hey guys - anyone know if replays are trustworthy for telling if your lights are on / off? And whether they'd show you flashing your lights?

Hey guys - anyone know if replays are trustworthy for telling if your lights are on / off? And whether they'd show you flashing your lights?
scrap that - I can see clearly in my video footage that the replay is rubbish

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Has anyone got any tips for setting the HUD in VR? I guess there's no third party app that can overlay in VR?

I find the normal Pcars2 HUD hard to use. The tyre pressures in bar don't display decimals, it's pretty pointless having it tell me my tyre pressure to the nearest bar! Can this be changed?

And the suspension graphs are broken on the telemetry screen, is this a known bug?

Finally what's the best way of getting laptimes/relative/positions displayed? A lot of the dialogues seem to have a lot of information I don't need, it's really hard to read it in the DK2 so want only simple info as big as possible.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I find the normal Pcars2 HUD hard to use. The tyre pressures in bar don't display decimals, it's pretty pointless having it tell me my tyre pressure to the nearest bar! Can this be changed?

Will be fixed in the next patch :)

Users who are viewing this thread