RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The video below is every single car in Project CARS 2 around Bathurst, in 2-second bursts, all (almost) seamlessly linked.

For reasons quite beyond comprehension, I set myself the goal of trying to set the #1 time at Bathurst in every single car in the game. The rules were very simple:

1. The car had to use the default setup
2. No driver assists other than those present on the real car
3. As soon as a lap was set, that was faster than the previous #1 time, I moved on

Because of rule #3, many of the laps are 1-hit wonders, with loads of room for improvement. Some of the laps I set are just about the absolutely limit of what I am capable of achieving, within the rules above.

The end result was:

203 laps set
185 placed first
4 placed second
7 placed third

I really don't recommend anybody ever attempts something like this, the amount of time involved is ridiculous, let alone if you tried to set your ultimate laps in each car!

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
The video below is every single car in Project CARS 2 around Bathurst, in 2-second bursts, all (almost) seamlessly linked.

For reasons quite beyond comprehension, I set myself the goal of trying to set the #1 time at Bathurst in every single car in the game. The rules were very simple:

1. The car had to use the default setup
2. No driver assists other than those present on the real car
3. As soon as a lap was set, that was faster than the previous #1 time, I moved on

Because of rule #3, many of the laps are 1-hit wonders, with loads of room for improvement. Some of the laps I set are just about the absolutely limit of what I am capable of achieving, within the rules above.

The end result was:

203 laps set
185 placed first
4 placed second
7 placed third

I really don't recommend anybody ever attempts something like this, the amount of time involved is ridiculous, let alone if you tried to set your ultimate laps in each car!

Wow amazing effort Cluck and that with default setups on all cars! I do not even want to comprehend how much work it is to do the laps and put the video together. Had a great time watching the video. Do you have a top 5 of cars that were the most rewarding/fun t drive around Bathurst (ofcourse biased by the default setups)?

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Top 5? Crikey, that would be tricky. I can name one car that stands out, above all others, for the sheer insanity and breath-taking thrill of driving it in VR. The Sauber C9. There is nothing to compare to the mental speed this car conveys. From the razor-sharp, super-sensitive steering, to the blistering speed, it is the one car that always left me breathless at the end of a sub-2 minute drive.

All of the RallyCross cars, with the 'Circuit' setup were a lot of fun once you dialled yourself into the way they drove. They're unlike everything else in the game and, for that, I do have to include them in my list. I hated them at first though, always taking 2 or 3 corners to remember how they behave.

I'll be honest, the GT3 / GTE and GT4 cars were comparatively boring. The ease with which you can nail a clean, fast lap is as astonishing as it is dull. I grew to love the Ferrari as it was one of the few GT3 #1 times I couldn't grab (missed P1 by 0.6s, enough to put me 4th on that car) so I spent quite a bit of time in it. The BoP change this car had in Patch 3 (which it needed, lets be realistic) didn't help my cause - without that change, yeah, the #1 time would have been a cinch.

I'm going to surprise a lot of you with the biggest shock for me. The Porsche Cayman GT4. It must be the hours of driving it for Season 3 that helped but this was a very capable car around Bathurst, with the default 'loose' setup. I'd go almost as far as saying that it was quite good fun :D.

My #1 car will always be the Ford Falcon V8 though. There is something about this car that I adore chucking around Bathurst. I guess it's because it is such a pig to drive, that you have to re-think the way you tackle every corner, compared to something like a GT3. Most people write the car off because it's not like a GT3 car, these people are missing out.

My biggest challenge, though, was getting to grips with the way each car behaved. Moving from something like the Indycar one lap to the Honda Civic Type-R the next, well, that's what made the challenge that much more unique and interesting. I went through the cars in the way they are presented in-game so the video (aside from my cock-up in forgetting about the 'miscellaneous 1-car manufacturers' mid-section bit) is presented in the order I drove the cars.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
How did it go with the Lotus 56 turbine car? I tried to drive it a few times now, but I can even get it around an oval properly, let alone a track like Bathurst...
Anyway, well done mate. Immense effort. :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How did it go with the Lotus 56 turbine car? I tried to drive it a few times now, but I can even get it around an oval properly, let alone a track like Bathurst...
Anyway, well done mate. Immense effort. :D
That was surprisingly easy as it happens. Once I was tuned in to not having an engine to listen to, it all came down to the feedback from the wheel. I only binned 2 laps before the flying lap that set the #1 time.

EDIT : I'm busy adding all the laps, warts and all, to a playlist. Only got through Acura and Aston Martin so far (with the Ford GT LM GTE and Ferrari GT3 laps aswell) but will be adding the rest over time.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8kSObIFU5ioWSUE_9aPnslD8Obb_nqF5

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Love the video @Cluck, makes me realise how much of the content I haven't tried!

Do you have a list of all the laptimes of each car?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Love the video @Cluck, makes me realise how much of the content I haven't tried!

Do you have a list of all the laptimes of each car?
Click the pic below for the full-size download:

:)

As for content, that was part of the idea in my head (albeit only a tiny part of it), to see what some of the cars were like. There were very few cars that I really didn't enjoy driving and half the fun was jumping, say, from the Acura NSX GT3 to the Agajanian Watson Roadster :D.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The mountain section gives you a small taste of how mental the Sauber C9 is but, trust me, it is far crazier in VR than the video makes out. This was with the boost ramped up to the max but the rest of the car on a default setup. The extra speed caught me out a couple of times, with me missing my braking points by some margin!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've not been the greatest fan of the rallycross stuff, not because it's bad but because I'm more a tarmac person. Well, I thought I'd put that to one side and give one of the latest community events a bash. It's the Citroen DS3 RX at Brands Hatch Rallycross. 20 minutes of fumbling my way around the track, slowly whittling away the time, resulted in this

In hindsight, I suspect mapping a handbrake button might have helped :D

-=EV3RY=-

Community Member
Reaction score
fluke, do it again!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
fluke, do it again!
I would, but I would just set a faster time ;). It's a lot of fun but, honestly, sod trying to do that with 5 other people around me. Take the pressure of bringing the car home after 24 hours at Le Mans and multiply it by 10000. That's what it would be like to run a single competitive lap in RallyCross. Then you realise you've got another 20 or 30 laps to go, all with the same pressure.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
whats up with our calender...any races this month?

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just got into the reserves from the military 14.12.2017 after 347 days of service! I also moved in with my girlfriend to another city, so finally i think i'm ready to comeback to racing. The thing is i recently got PC2 and if none of you are online or playing do you guys just go to online to race? Sure its fun but the lack of communication it just makes it abit you know boring for me atleast... so what do you guys do usually just practice or something?

I also sold my knife in csgo so i'm thinking about renewing my iRacing account but i don't know sure i have already bought cars and tracks on iracing but i'm still thinking between rf2 or iracing what do you guys think?
Anyway hope to talk with you guys soon! :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
An update from the official forums about the LT 3.0 sync issues. Nathan Bell is stating that the sync bug will be fixed in the upcoming patch (4.0)!
Screenshot_20180127-023050.jpg

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
With all respect to Nathan's work and efforts, I hope he'll learn not to 'run ahead of the train' when replying to this kind of questions. The sim community is way to sensitive to any dev's comments these day.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It’s with any game / sim where people really take things literally when the owner starts making promises or replying with questions he/she isn’t 100% aware of. Good thing Ian wants to get involved but he has a QA team for these things.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
It’s with any game / sim where people really take things literally when the owner starts making promises or replying with questions he/she isn’t 100% aware of. Good thing Ian wants to get involved but he has a QA team for these things.
It's not Ian, it's Nathan :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Considering I normally hate Daytona with a passion, the latest community challenge has been a lot of fun. Still a tenth off the best time I can do, but pretty damn happy with this lap (hence the bouncing up and down in my chair at the end of the lap :D)

Users who are viewing this thread