Endurance Championship - R1: Daytona - 18th February 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This race was huge disappointment. P2P is a no go for me. I had no issues with other players from my POV, but other players just seemed not to see me at all, or saw me everywhere but where I actually was. Several times I felt literally like a ball on a pool table, or like a moving target. Firs I got smashed by lmp2 p2 driver (don't remember who it was) in the bus-stop, the hit was not too hard, but my car spinned out to the wall and I had to let all the drivers pass. Then some laps later Satchel hit me hard near start-finish line even thought I was moving as close to high wall as possible, and all the track width was open for him. In result I had to go to pits for suspension and bodyworks repairs. Later I was smashed out of the track by @Cornworld, I got so much damage, that I struggled to make the whole lap to pits. After second round of repairs sync started to be better, as some people already gave up their race.
My path was fast enough and I managed to decrease the gap between me and p8 down to 20-30seconds on final lap (when I gained p9 the gap ahead was more than 2 minutes). I overlapped some "red" gt3's and even spent some good time with @Ashnoom, sitting on his tail to be sure that he's not too bored. But I was so far behind due to all those damages and repairs that there was no sense to compete.
Don't get me wrong, I do understand that there's no organizer's fault in this, as well as there's no other driver's fault. The problem is that I was terribly off-synced.
Let's hope this DS issue is fixed asap so I can race with you not having nor making troubles that are off-sync related. From my experience it happens on p2p servers, but almost never on DS.

P.S: Game couldn't save the replay because of it's length. As we all know the longer replay is the longer it take to save it. This time there was not enough time between end of session and transition into the lobby and the game didn't manage to save replay file. In documents folder there is a 13 kb replay file (which is obviously too small) and there is video file in ingame UI section but it is not playable (obviously).
Not sure if it was me you had contact with, heading towards bus stop. I had significant damage after passing you due to your lag issue, incase your not aware the lag from your side was pretty bad, half the time the car was jumping back and forth on track so it was very difficult to judge where you actually were. Apologies if i was at fault with any contact i had with you but i have to say you did a great job of allowing us LMP2s through, good clear information! :)

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys, as I wrote above I'm well aware of off-sync issues with me, but I did really hope that it wouldn't be as bad as it was.
@Cornworld I got hit by you in the second hairpin, and as far as I saw you moving away without any sign of collision I think you just didn't see my car at all. I mean for you there simply was no such thing as my car on the track. Which is why I cannot blame you. There actually was no your fault.
@jamesl91 I don't remember any contact with you. To tell the truth I was so glad when you and others informed me in advance about passing, which meant that you at least see me, no matter how much my car was warping.
I'm really sorry that sync issues produced such an awful inconvenience both for me and for everybody on the track.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m I correct in assuming that more peeps had off sync issues? I saw a lot of cars freeze or bounce all over the track. First couple of times I actually braked like crazy trying to avoid them.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't really have any of the issues as mentioned above - even Eugene appeared ok to me.

On a separate note, @Freak Superman - I've just watched your stream from our race and I have to commend your determination for soldiering on! Half of your spins were trying to avoid the lapping cars and even being unfortunate in getting hit as soon as you left the pits (immediately after a stop for damage repair). Well done and good racing sir!

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't really have any of the issues as mentioned above - even Eugene appeared ok to me.

On a separate note, @Freak Superman - I've just watched your stream from our race and I have to commend your determination for soldiering on! Half of your spins were trying to avoid the lapping cars and even being unfortunate in getting hit as soon as you left the pits (immediately after a stop for damage repair). Well done and good racing sir!
I second that :clap:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m I correct in assuming that more peeps had off sync issues? I saw a lot of cars freeze or bounce all over the track. First couple of times I actually braked like crazy trying to avoid them.
Jump to 6m02 in my video here and play along as we play "Whe. Whe. Whe. Where's KMan?". To be fair, he was having awful problems with his internet, which I think are resolved now but, yeah, it's pretty tricky when you have that going into the bus-stop. I came up behind him in the stadium section later on and it was a similar story, I had no idea where he was, so he did the gentlemanly thing and pulled right off the track :). Hats off to him for that.

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Quick 3 min video. Mostly my mistakes. I was surprised that i got no aero dmg w/e. Guess M6 is to stronk(but not so fast).

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is that automatic clutch off still a thing that makes you faster?
Just saw it in your video @Vernux!?
Begs the question if I have been driving wrongly once again for all races ;-)?!?

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Idk. Due to it was in pcars1, i just turn it off here as well :D

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well done to Moderators and racers, I enjoyed the evening immensely. My first real endurance race in an LMP Car, Oreca 03 Nissan, which was the only one on the track. Spent first part on my own in between the faster LMP's ahead and staying in front of GT3's steadily creating a gap. Main target was to finish (ahead of GT3) and be consistent, which on the whole I achieved, went off track once and only one touch from a faster LMP in the early part, looked after tires only 1 set used, minimal engine/car damage for repair in the race. On reflection should have gone for the faster Judd and try mix it a bit, however experienced gained, looking forward to the next round. Once again Great work guys!!

Satchel_Charge

Community Member
Reaction score
That's the longet race I've driven, had an awesome time. Cornworld and I had a great fight for the lead during the first 10 laps until I spun (one of a few.) I was planning to take a screenshot of us going at it but my replay did not save correctly and won't load, it's only 130kb in size :dead:

Props to everyone in lobby B, really respectful, I only had two close calls the entire race and never took a point of damage.

Looking forward to the next one!

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Is that automatic clutch off still a thing that makes you faster?
Begs the question if I have been driving wrongly once again for all races ;-)?!?

Yep, You should never use auto clutch in cars that don't have one.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
From a few hundredths up to a tenth I'd guess lol...

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First thanks for organising this season!
Great racing from everyone, thanks! I had only one situation where I didn't knew on what side to go :D and the lmp had to wait a bit (nothing happened).
I also had problems with seeing @Eugene Flerko. This was really distracting. I don't blame him because I know his racing is top quality. :) At some point I managed to just ignore your white car popping up just in front of me and I could drive trough it without damage. But it is a distraction I like to avoid next time. Perhaps you could use the white livery if the server issue is not fixed.
Or could it be your router not able to manage all connections? i had a relative constant stream of 300kb in and out throughout the race. I think it's my client sending updates to 30 destinations and receiving the same amount. With a server you have only one sending and one receiving stream to the server. It could be anything from your driver, network card, cable, switch, router, provider...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Manu :)

Would have done it earlier but a crazy headache is ruining my week. Not even sure I can race tonight in the GT4 event. But it will be done by the weekend :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are up and can be found here. I am now starting to do the standings, should be online later this day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread