Endurance Championship - R1: Daytona - 18th February 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
as i expected my computer can't handle complex lighting lots of cars etc so it turned off after a few laps with overheating...good thing it was in the beginning.

I think this is the hint to buy a new desktop...

GL everyone this was looking like it was going to be great.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wow - several of us watching those last few laps from Stu as monitor. Great racing to the end Alex/Fisk

kaleeb42

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun even though I wrecked hard on cold tires after the two formation laps. I think my pace was okay and could have finished higher up the order but that early mistake put me 2 laps down. Something to remember for future races. Take it easy on cold tires.

Great fun anyways. Thanks to everyone that organized it and everyone else for being exceptional drivers in all situations.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Not a good race from my side. Back over 2 laps at the end of the race in Split B. Had a spin in Bus-stop early on losing me around 15 s because the car made problems starting up again. On first pitstop I lost nearly a minute for nothing. First I had to wait for my pitbox to be free since apparently there aren't 30 pitboxes in Daytona for some reason. Then lost 45 more seconds because my car refused to start again for no reason (never had the problem in practice). After that race was calm beside another hiccup in my 2nd pitstop losing me way more than a minute and finally I had a spin braking into T1 smashing my front left suspension. Had to limp to the finish with 10 minutes to go and a 45 s gap behind me to manage in that time.

Overall I can be happy with getting P5 with such a race but could've gone for the podium or maybe even the win without such stupid timelosses. Concerning driving standards the race was awesome beside some close calls in my first 2 laps where I was basically pushed offtrack in the left kink nearly losing me my car. GT's we're really aware of me when trying to lap them :)

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Puh, tough race yesterday..

First I want to apologize for my sudden retirement. I'm not a big fan of retiring from a race, especially when you're still new to the crew, but I had to make that decision because in the end I was even becoming a threat for the remaining racers..

Race start was very hectic and I think everyone on the top was struggling with freezing cold tires and brakes. Somehow I could wind myself into 1st there and keep that position for quite some time. I felt comfortable with my car, was happy with my pace (could have been a slight bit faster though) and lapping the lower class went very good. During my first pit I lost a couple of seconds and Fiskerton was now about 1,5 seconds behind me. I was focusing on keeping up my pace and then it suddenly happened:

During the race I wasn't even knowing whats going on, I just felt my car was drifting off to the left while taking the bump on bus stop entry. No chance to correct. After rewatching I realized I was clearly two wheels on the dirt. Very stupid mistake. I was not prepared for anything like that. Had to pit straight again to repair damage, and after that I just wanted to push it to maybe get into top 8 or something. Wasn't going too bad, but that incident was still in my mind of course. But then I had a lapping incident with a GT3 Porsche (I think it was you @Eugene Gajkin ?) before turn 3 (2nd hairpin). I thought I could push into inside before braking zone, but I was doing it too early as the Porsche was still on the middle of the road. Made him run wide and I was going off track into the barriers again. I'm very sorry for that incident Eugene.

So I had to pit again (just after my 3rd pit lol) and my focus was completely lost now. I saw @Fiskerton leaving the pits right behind me and I was thinking of letting him pass right after the box. But then I realized he is not right on my tail so I changed my mind and wanted to leave pits quickly. Doing that I messed up hard on the pit exit left hander and crushed into the wall... Oh boy I was so ashamed at that moment.. Just let him by now and hope you didn't ruin his race.. He passed me and my mind playing crazy I went off track on 2nd corner. That was it. Seeing it was still over 50 minutes on the clock I just had to retire, to not getting others or myself into danger again.

In the end I learned a lot of lessons yesterday and it was still a very good experience. Looking forward on the next races :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I think i'm done with Project Cars 2. I'm sick of spending hours practicing and working on setup, in an online lobby with race conditions, for the car to be different in the race. After 3 laps I started getting engine damage, which I hadn't got all week, and the rear kept coming round on entry to the bus stop causing me to pile into the barrier twice in the first 10 laps. The car had been solid through the bus stop all week. :mad:

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to all the staff and racers - had a great night racing with you all!!

I came into the evening with the aim of not coming last in my class. After being allocated into lobby B, Qualifying went well getting pole position by 0.001 from Cornworld and then disaster struck with my wheel locking up not responding to any inputs (happened twice for about 3-4 seconds, not fun going down the straight heading into 1st corner and you can't turn in going 100% flat :dead:). I thought I'd disconnect and reboot my wheel/PC while I had the opportunity, this unfortunately lost my time in the session and I only managed to qualify 7th from my one hot lap after reconnecting.

The race itself was superb - great racing with all of the LMP2s. I managed to go from 7th-1st by the first round of stops however my first pit stop appeared to lose me 30 seconds but I was able to claw this time back over the rest of the race to take the win. I must say the 2 1/2 hours went much quicker than I thought it would.

Look forward to racing with you all for round 2 :)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very important lessons learned yesterday!! After my 2-2 soccer match, my legs felt pretty horrible, but I'm not going to make excuses, during the race it felt all pretty good... it's just my excuse why I left immediately after the race... I was just so exhausted and needed to move around =D.

As for the race itself, I learned 3 important things. Qually was not so good, couldn't manage to get my laptime in that I supposedly should do, but for an endurance race that does not matter.
Lesson 1, Cold tyres: I ofcourse trained with cold tyres, but not as cold as they were after restarting the server and reforming the whole grid.
Lesson 2, loss of downforce: Unfortunately, I only was able to train alone and therefor missed the part of driving behind people and ammending turn entrys and braking points due to the higher top speed. I was following @Raigore my first stint after I spinned 2 times and was able to get back up to him and he kept throwing me off at the bus-stop... it took me about 1 hour to really get into a rythm of taking the bus-stop correctly following another car!
Lesson 3, my brake pedal is shit: I have had some longer problems now with 'uncommanded' brake pedal inputs, where I need to slightly hit it again to stop the commands, which through me off balance and even spins me sometimes. I'm still within the warranty, so I'm waiting for an answer from Logitech, but I can't wait to open the damn thing up and spray in some WD40 and/or contact spray and the relevant parts. It was funny to watch, when I was entering the oval behind a GT3 and I couldn't get much closer, at that point I noticed that the red brake pedal bar was showing an input of about 10% :(. Unfortunaly, this stuff also happened in Turn 1, which meant I slowed down more than expected and the turn in was a lot better.. thus loosing the rear of the car.

All in all a nice race, lots learned and if I can improve my 3 lessons, I'll be able to battle a lot better with most of the guys as my pace was pretty okay when I was able to put in the normal laps.

My appologies to @Raigore and @stolnikas or @Stokemon (dunno which one of you). Both of you I touched on the way to the first hairpin after turn 1 due to not being aware that some of the GT3 were approaching that corner so slowly, or a confusing line out of turn 1. My bad, hope you guys didnt have much aero damage, mine was like 5 to 7.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race went from great to absalut terrible in less than 20 minz lol. Managed to claw my way to 7th after the incident on start. Lost alot of ground on p5 and p6 but got my head down and caught em up unfortunatly i brought someone with me lol. I Was having an epic battle with stu then i was to busy looking at the rear view mirror to make sure he didnt nip down the inside and binned it lol.. After getting on the grass it totaly messed my tires up and was spinning all the time untill corner one i came in hot tried to brake and went head first on to the corner of the wall at pit exit... Race over engine blew b4 i could get back to the pits. Ohh well allways next time.
#forevertheunderdog.

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
This race was huge disappointment. P2P is a no go for me. I had no issues with other players from my POV, but other players just seemed not to see me at all, or saw me everywhere but where I actually was. Several times I felt literally like a ball on a pool table, or like a moving target. Firs I got smashed by lmp2 p2 driver (don't remember who it was) in the bus-stop, the hit was not too hard, but my car spinned out to the wall and I had to let all the drivers pass. Then some laps later Satchel hit me hard near start-finish line even thought I was moving as close to high wall as possible, and all the track width was open for him. In result I had to go to pits for suspension and bodyworks repairs. Later I was smashed out of the track by @Cornworld, I got so much damage, that I struggled to make the whole lap to pits. After second round of repairs sync started to be better, as some people already gave up their race.
My path was fast enough and I managed to decrease the gap between me and p8 down to 20-30seconds on final lap (when I gained p9 the gap ahead was more than 2 minutes). I overlapped some "red" gt3's and even spent some good time with @Ashnoom, sitting on his tail to be sure that he's not too bored. But I was so far behind due to all those damages and repairs that there was no sense to compete.
Don't get me wrong, I do understand that there's no organizer's fault in this, as well as there's no other driver's fault. The problem is that I was terribly off-synced.
Let's hope this DS issue is fixed asap so I can race with you not having nor making troubles that are off-sync related. From my experience it happens on p2p servers, but almost never on DS.

P.S: Game couldn't save the replay because of it's length. As we all know the longer replay is the longer it take to save it. This time there was not enough time between end of session and transition into the lobby and the game didn't manage to save replay file. In documents folder there is a 13 kb replay file (which is obviously too small) and there is video file in ingame UI section but it is not playable (obviously).

Last edited:

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for another fun event!

I'm super happy with P2 from that race and to be only 0.3 off the lead at the end of 2 and a half hours was a huge bonus. Congratulations to Fiskerton for holding enough of a gap to keep me behind on those old tyres though it was a hell of a drive.

The start was probably on of the hairiest experiences of this game so far though, i think the 2 very slow laps beofore the start killed and temperature in the tyres and brakes making the first 4 or so laps like ice. I think it was lap 2 where the first 5 LMP2 cars went off at the bus stop- definitely a brown pants moment xD

Thanks for the gt3 drivers for being so co-oprative over the race, i had very few issues despite finding every single one of the worst spots on the track to meet a slow car. It was so frustrating watching Iceman pass cars on the straight and having to wait for 2-3 seconds though the bus stop but i guess thats the wonders of multi-class

I cant help beating myself up a bit for my mistakes in this race with 2 spins in T1 and T5 that lost me about 7 seconds each to Fisk, I sat there last night after the race just wondering what could have been, sorry RSR :( I guess it made it interesting at the finish though ;)

I definitely need some practice with endurance racing as its not usually my style so i find myself loosing focus sometimes but Im hoping to see you guys at Fuji if i have enough time :)

Thanks again to all the staff members who made this race happen :)

Berserker

Community Member
Reaction score
Huge thanks to the moderators and the racers - a clean race, atleast from my POV.

I had to retire after depleting my fuel tank. For some reasons that are unknown, I was unable to use the pits. I set pit strategies beforehand and I entered pits only after requesting the previous lap. To my surprise, I couldn't find my pit crew. I wasted 9 laps and fuel entering and leaving pits without any progress. I have no idea if it's a glitch or if it was my mistake. With a broken front fender and slightly disturbed front suspension(heated overtake between me and @Mark it happens), I still managed 1.46s consistently. Though i had a good pace, my pit crew gave up on me and decided to go on a tea break, only to never return.

If anyone else has got or had the same issues, what should i do?

All in all was a good race, nice battles with @Nakor and @Mark, lots of clean overtakes within classes and during lapping. Looking forward for the next one :)
Cheers

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

...And I made the move on Scott stick! :cool: That was the only highlight of my race. I spun something like 7 times in the first half hour, which set the tone for my race. My race pace was good, but I would often lose it mid corner in the hairpins, or under heavy breaking whilst trying to give the P2 cars some room on the outside of T1. It was fun battling with Scott, over and over again after each spin ;)

Towards the end I was losing the will to live with the car struggling with double stinted tyres. I pit in to put some fresh soft tyres on with the hope of scoring the fastest lap. I only managed to spin a few more times and finally crash into the exit barrier entering the oval. Another pit stop for repairs later and I just cruised around, somehow managing to spin yet again without pushing for good measure. Definitely one to forget for me.

...To my surprise, I couldn't find my pit crew...If anyone else has got or had the same issues, what should i do?...

I and a few others had the same issue in the other lobby. A pit stop would have been requested a good few laps in advance, but there were no pit crew/markers/red boxes in any of the garages. I tried driving slowly (around 30/40kph) in all the pitboxes hoping it would snap me to mine, but no luck. Each time I had to drive to the end, and reverse (!) up the pitboxes on idle to get service. I'll have a check to see if the visual setting for pit crew had changed later.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm also going to do my best to forget last night. It might have helped if I had done more practice of course but quali set the tone for the race. I couldn't get comfortable and was half a second down on what I knew I should be doing and, with time left to get one final lap in, I put it into the wall before even getting out of the pits (a little less exuberance required methinks!) :dead:

Come the race itself, I was finding it frustrating sitting behind a couple of people that were taking the early corners far slower than I wanted to go, with lines that were alien to me. A few laps in I made contact with one of the PRD guys, as I was lining up to go up the inside, knowing he always took a wide line, only for him to try and make the move on the guy ahead of him and cut across. I should have seen the move coming but it caught me out, my only thoughts were "he takes a wide line, cut up the inside". That slight contact spun him round so, having waited for him to rejoin the track, I found I'd lost at least 2 places. This was the beginning of the end of my race.

Between cars warping, people changing their lines in the braking zone into T1, not realising how much speed I'd gained in a draft (had to put my car into the wall to avoid rear-ending miagi at the bus-stop), picking the wrong repair pit strategy (yeah, I picked the only one that didn't have aero repairs enabled, after that mishap at the bus-stop), spinning whilst trying to avoid other accidents, yeah, it was a disaster. Oh and because of the repairs, any notions of what my fuel strategy might have been, went out of the window and I found myself having to pit, with just 20 minutes left, as I knew I was going to be 2 minutes short of fuel.

On the plus side, I finished the race.

EDIT : Here's my highlights of all the action I was involved in. Bear in mind, the first 5½ minutes are the opening laps, so that gives you some idea of how little happened. Between 2 of the pit stops literally nothing of any note happened, just driving around, not really gaining on anybody, not really in danger or being overtaken. I should upload the footage to YouTube and tag it "the perfect cure for insomnia" :D

Last edited:

OBigO

Community Member
Reaction score
Well it was fun for me while it lasted but I got pcar'd 3 times! The first time I came into the pits my box was occupied so I had to leave and pit again. This left me 45 seconds behind the leader but I felt I had the pace to comeback. By the next pit I had got the gap down to 30 seconds but this time when I came into the pits there was no crew there. When I pitted again I must have pushed the driver swap or something as when I left the pit the AI took over, it left the pit and cut straight across incoming traffic, hopefully the car was ghosted and it didn't cause any problems.

On the bright side I did get to watch the end of Stu's stream of the Fisk/Salmon battle which was probably the most fun I have had watching any kind of racing!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This race was huge disappointment. P2P is a no go for me. I had no issues with other players from my POV, but other players just seemed not to see me at all, or saw me everywhere but where I actually was. Several times I felt literally like a ball on a pool table, or like a moving target. Firs I got smashed by lmp2 p2 driver (don't remember who it was) in the bus-stop, the hit was not too hard, but my car spinned out to the wall and I had to let all the drivers pass. Then some laps later Satchel hit me hard near start-finish line even thought I was moving as close to high wall as possible, and all the track width was open for him. In result I had to go to pits for suspension and bodyworks repairs. Later I was smashed out of the track by @Cornworld, I got so much damage, that I struggled to make the whole lap to pits. After second round of repairs sync started to be better, as some people already gave up their race.
My path was fast enough and I managed to decrease the gap between me and p8 down to 20-30seconds on final lap (when I gained p9 the gap ahead was more than 2 minutes). I overlapped some "red" gt3's and even spent some good time with @Ashnoom, sitting on his tail to be sure that he's not too bored. But I was so far behind due to all those damages and repairs that there was no sense to compete.
Don't get me wrong, I do understand that there's no organizer's fault in this, as well as there's no other driver's fault. The problem is that I was terribly off-synced.
Let's hope this DS issue is fixed asap so I can race with you not having nor making troubles that are off-sync related. From my experience it happens on p2p servers, but almost never on DS.

P.S: Game couldn't save the replay because of it's length. As we all know the longer replay is the longer it take to save it. This time there was not enough time between end of session and transition into the lobby and the game didn't manage to save replay file. In documents folder there is a 13 kb replay file (which is obviously too small) and there is video file in ingame UI section but it is not playable (obviously).

Hmm, can't remember smashing into someone, did have a few narrow passes with GT3 cars trough the busstop and first corner after the pits. If I did I'm sorry, never my intention to hit peeps or force others off the track.

Edit.. are you the one who overtook me, then spun right in front off in the first corner while I was running 3rd and you where lower placed trying to get the lap behind back? If so, as I recall when you spun I slammed my brakes and we touched causing me to spin as well and losing the lead I had on #4. If so, buy me flowers and we forget it ever happened ;o)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread