iRacing ELMS - 6 Hours of Le Mans (1 Viewer)

ELMS - 6 Hours of Le Mans
Posted by grobi0815
iRacing
Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 14:00
Until: Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 20:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, that's on me. I thought it was clear that the team is already made. My bad.

All good, I wasn't even watching.. busy with thousand other things at the moment... I hope that is defusing a bit the situation @Cornworld

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All good, I wasn't even watching.. busy with thousand other things at the moment... I hope that is defusing a bit the situation @Cornworld

No worries and nothing to defuse. I think you two are the most logical team. I’m a newbie in that car and still finding out how the thing works :) Just would have liked to get notified when the two of you made the descision. Tnx @grobi0815 for the explanation.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
After checking my work schedule I realise I won’t be able to race this one.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Gosku I’m happy to give it a go if you want to. But, I'm in the 3.19 atm. I've seen people do 3.15's just so you know where not going to win :rolleyes: I think I could use some help with managing that hybrid system. I now tend to push the button and scream POWERRR. (doesn't work)

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Cornworld, @Ben Watkinson and @Gosku. Fancy to team up in the LMP1?
Post automatically merged:

Too bad
I'll be busy this weekend for this 1 :( but I shall be back to do the 24hr Le Mans when ever that is :).
@Gosku I’m happy to give it a go if you want to. But, I'm in the 3.19 atm. I've seen people do 3.15's just so you know where not going to win :rolleyes: I think I could use some help with managing that hybrid system. I now tend to push the button and scream POWERRR. (doesn't work)
in the voice of jeremy clarkson POWERRR is good!

Gosku

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yea lets do it! Havent done lap under 3.20 so still got some figuring to do myself but when i do ill let you know;)

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I won't fit in any team now. I can't do this race anyway. Good luck!

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think I won't fit in any team now. I can't do this race anyway. Good luck!
Ah crap, i'm too late. I'm still not 100% fit and wanted to ask you if you can take over the evening session for me.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race report from RevolutionSimRacing Pink.

On the bright Saturday morning myself, @grobi0815 and @Vernux decided to drive 6 hours of Le Mans.

There was only a single split so we made it to the top split. @Vernux started as he was quicker around Le Mans. He did a good job at the start and with a very questionable corner cutter?! managed to stay in P2 and even grabbed P1 after he finally got some slow downs. Vernux had a small half spin that turned into another spin at the end of his first stint but more or less handed the car over to me in P3. P4 and P5 decided not to take tyres but we did and so I emerged in P5, after a few laps I overtook P4 and was clearly pulling away from him whilst slowly catching P2 and 3, P1 was on steroids so lets talk about that.

The rest of the stint was a bit dull and not much to comment in that I was getting closer to P2 and P3. I overtook P3 and took control of P2 and was 2 seconds or so behind him into the pitstop phase. At this point P1 took tyres and so we caught back up again and after a few laps I overtook P2 and was behind P1 when he spun (twice) sooo I took the lead. After he wiped himself out I handed the car over to @grobi0815 in P1.

@grobi0815 had the joy of night driving which was fun and he kept a consistent pace and after a small punterino carried on driving pretty much by himself for the whole of the stint, he handed the car to @Vernux in P3 who finished the final stint and a splash off.

At this point we were catching P2 who were on their 4th stint of the same tyres so they were suffering, @Vernux caught him and overtook him easily due to tyre differences and set off after P1 who had a 26 seconds or so lead.

At the end of the stint a LMP2 who was about 40seconds behind the car in front decided to be overly aggressive in the Porsche curves and broke on the grass and spun in front of us and @Vernux punted him.. he pitted and didn't take the repairs.

Now, the funniest thing I have seen in sim racing happened as we pit (P3) and P2 followed us but where was P1? He forgot to pit and so all eyes switched onto him coasting down the first straight. I could see the mentality he had in going to cut the chicane, however, in the dark, he didn't see the wall slalom and he went to avoid it but then tried to avoid in and punted the wall.. (replay in discord), he towed and we took the lead!

Not much to say after that except we were suffering with damage and the new P3 was really quick, however, @Vernux held his nerve and we finished P1!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guess who ran out of fuel :D

Users who are viewing this thread