Driving Standards - Reminder (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We would like to make everyone once again aware of our rules and to re-iterate and remind both new and old members of a few of our long standing rules and regulations.

Communication Levels in TeamSpeak - During all race and qualification sessions communication should be kept to an absolute minimum, we know that this slips over time as everyone gets more used to each other and are wanting to chat but we need to refocus on this in order to allow all drivers to race in as distraction free an environment as possible.

This is something that us as admins have been guilty of in the past but we will all be making a big effort to reduce this to only essential information and we would appreciate if others would assist us with this.

Track Limits - Our rules state that at least two wheels must be kept within the limits of the track at all times, the limits of the track is defined as between the white lines at either side of the track and does not include any curbing or green painted area. This is something that has to be self-policing, although we admins will keep an eye out for all cars around us we cannot possibly watch everyone. This should not be a witch hunt but we have to ensure that we have a level playing field for all drivers.

If you see a car regularly leaving the track and gaining an advantage please politely let them and the Admins know in TeamSpeak. This also doesn’t mean that we need to hear about every time a car leaves the track by an inch or a driver makes a mistake but if one driver isconsistently abusing track limits in one or more places we do need to hear about it.

Incidents - Accidents and crashes happen, we all try to drive as cleanly as we possibly can but incidents are a fact of racing. Accepting this the reaction to the incidents when they happen is what we need to manage to ensure that everyone can enjoy their racing with RSR. If you cause an accident and another driver loses out you must wait and give the position back regardless of how much time this costs you unless the driver losing time indicates otherwise.

If you need to give a position back it doesn’t have to be in the same corner or the following straight but should be done where it is safe to do so and will not impact other drivers, this may mean continuing for half a lap or more in order to find a safe place to give the position back. This is a prime example of a time when TeamSpeak can be used to apologise for an incident and indicate that you are waiting for a driver and where you are doing it. If the innocent driver in an incident doesn’t want the other driver to wait they may also use TeamSpeak to indicate that the driver causing the incident is fine to continue.

If there is dispute as to who caused an incident both drivers are expected to continue where it is clean and safe to do so and discuss the incident after the race.

Event Information - Please take the time to re-read the event information on our website before joining our race sessions, having lots of people asking the same questions about lap counts or starting procedure is unnecessary when the information is readily available to all members.

Thanks for reading, if anyone has any questions about these or any of our other rules please let us know.

@Admins @Moderators @Members

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Admins @Moderators @Members - Tagged you all again, seems like it did not work the first time :(
(Thanks for the notice @Ashnoom)

Very strange... but we will have a look into it! :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Id personally suggest anyone who dont have a look left an right button assigned to assign one it helps alot with seeing others around you and rejoining the track. In my opinion that is.

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder all :)

B

Blue Monkey

I also would find it awesome if people don't talk irrelevant stuff in Qualifying until the Qualifying is really over = result screen.

I know I can mute the loudspeaker/headset in Teamspeak but I still would appreciate it.
I want still to listen in Qualifying, i.e. if someone wants to let me pass on the hotlap or exits pits.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY mate can i ask is it mandatory to call out leaving the pits or is it more of a courtesy..???

@t0daY mate can i ask is it mandatory to call out leaving the pits or is it more of a courtesy..???
Never mind i found out its not mandatory lol by reading lol

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Never mind i found out its not mandatory lol by reading lol

We are asking for it but it is not mandatory. That is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread