Driving position advice (1 Viewer)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'd like to know your opinion on what is a correct position while driving, especially the feet. My question might seem odd but I don't use a sim racing rig so it's not really straight forward to me how I should position my seat relative to pedals. I also plan to design my own DIY rig in the future so I have to know how it should be before building it. I have no real racing experience so I don't know how it feels in a racecar neither...

My questions are :

- in case of left foot braking, should your heel rest at all time on the floor while pressing the pedal? Or should you step on it? What's the best position to control your braking and accurately press/depress the pedal?

- Therefore, how angled should the pedals be? I guess it's dependant on the seating position (F1 style or seated like in your daily drive car). I sit on a boring ikea chair so my back is nearly vertical (not ideal I know). Because of this I inverted my pedals and I feel it s much much easier to direct force from your leg to the pedal but my heel still lifts from the floor which is not ideal for precise trail braking for example.

I know it's up to the driver's preference but I'm sure there are do's and don'ts that I should know :) feel free to share what feels best to you! Thanks!

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have my heel at rest while braking, and lift my heel if I need to put more pressure on the pedal.
Don't go for the F1 driving position, that position is to reduce air resistance ... so not of any use for us SIM racers ;)
I found this useful information on ergonomics
And this info from Skoda Motorsports
Some error in the drawing I guess... arms in 45 degrees position should be 90 I guess.

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have my heel at rest while braking, and lift my heel if I need to put more pressure on the pedal.
Don't go for the F1 driving position, that position is to reduce air resistance ... so not of any use for us SIM racers ;)
I found this useful information on ergonomics
And this info from Skoda Motorsports
Some error in the drawing I guess... arms in 45 degrees position should be 90 I guess.
Thanks man! :) really useful!

Users who are viewing this thread