Project CARS 2 Dec 1, 2018 - TT #4 - Renault Sport R.S. 01 @ Long Beach (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Congrats to @Puffpirat for winning this insane round, and congrats to @fab. ICEMAN for setting an almost equal insane lap time! .... being 2.1 seconds faster than me is an outer space alien lap time of course.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to take 13th place overall... my potential improved to 1:13.971 but I wasn't lucky enough to nail it on the last day.

Looking forward to the next round! Surely learned a lot from watching the fastest drivers on the list.

And btw.... Happy 2019 to you all !!!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Congrats to @Puffpirat for winning this insane round, and congrats to @fab. ICEMAN for setting an almost equal insane lap time! .... being 2.1 seconds faster than me is an outer space alien lap time of course.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to take 13th place overall... my potential improved to 1:13.971 but I wasn't lucky enough to nail it on the last day.

Looking forward to the next round! Surely learned a lot from watching the fastest drivers on the list.

And btw.... Happy 2019 to you all !!!
Hey - but you did break 14. Good job. Grats to @Puffpirat a truly awesome time.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
Good job everyone! This was most packed combo yet, what a times.

I've recently joined the VR club and was using this TT for testing settings and such (@Puffpirat , do you think you could point me to some docs/guides?) and doing 1.13s over and over. I'm still struggling with braking and have to upgrade the pedals. Good bye wallet.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I don’t have any guides or such but if you have a questions just shoot me a PM and I’m sure I can help you :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Noticed I first used @Puffpirat 's shifting schedule...to 7th on the straight and to 3rd between corner 3 and 4. Copied @fab. ICEMAN 's schedule later on which made things easier with a g29 (6th gear and stay in 2nd) . Question is, is a Fanatec better shifting paddle wise and would it make @fab. ICEMAN faster.... or is the different shifting schedule just a personal preference?

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think just a personal preference. I thought the car was pulling harder not reving it to red line.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Noticed I first used @Puffpirat 's shifting schedule...to 7th on the straight and to 3rd between corner 3 and 4. Copied @fab. ICEMAN 's schedule later on which made things easier with a g29 (6th gear and stay in 2nd) . Question is, is a Fanatec better shifting paddle wise and would it make @fab. ICEMAN faster.... or is the different shifting schedule just a personal preference?
I've been looking at gear shifts a lot while running iRacing against others. My formed opinion (for what it is worth) is that shifting down to lower gears is beneficial when you are learning the track and really trying to nail the apexes - you generally get a better turn in with the lower gear, particularly useful when in an understeering car. However, as you start to hit the apex every time you'll find that you are lining up better, carrying more speed through and consequently that you can stay in the higher gear. This is where it becomes non-intuitive, as the lower revs make you feel like you are slower, but if you check your deltas you will almost certainly be faster in reality. This is one of the really key uses for deltas when learning a track IMO.

EDIT: Additionally, this is all slightly car dependent. Different cars deliver their max power at different points. Some give their best power right at the top of the limiter, some before this. Technically PC2 gives out enough info on power in the telemetry for you to work it out per car.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My problem with gears has always been that the car has naturally felt a lot harder to turn in when in a higher gear. It's almost certainly psychological, as I'm not interested enough to do repeated tests to see if I was correct, but that has meant that I normally use a lower gear where possible.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I wasn't really paying attention to my shifting, but I fully agree with what Paul said. The more you drive the more you get a feeling of whats faster through a Corner.

btw @Puffpirat nice laptime you little ******* :D

Users who are viewing this thread