DD wheel advice (1 Viewer)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw about karting: I've done endurance kart sessions where I could drive for 1h30/2h without any issue whatsoever with my arms. And I've driving short heats of 12 minutes where my arms were dead after 1 heat :-D
So what was the difference then ? Qualy 12min vs Race endurance ? Also i am not one of the strongest guys around :bag:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So what was the difference then ? Qualy 12min vs Race endurance ? Also i am not one of the strongest guys around :bag:
What I meant to say was that it also depends on how you feel at that moment. I can't really say why I could be able to do endurance races without physical issues and sometimes short heats can cause my arms to die in corners :-D. State of mind (being relaxed), how you hold the steering wheel (very tight or loose), grip levels of the tires and so on and so on can have a big effect I think.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To bring this thread to an 'end'.
Yesterday was birthday, christmas, easter, blood donation day and selling my left kidney on one day :p
20200203_180523.jpg
20200203_180640.jpg
20200203_180555.jpg
20200203_232038.jpg

Boy oh boy, that Ascher wheel gave me goosebumps when taking it out of the box and even some j*zz came out when I pulled the shifters for the first time :D
I was really surprised how small the SC2 Pro is, expected it a lot bigger. Even tough it's so small, it's still heavy as fuck :p

Mounting the SC2 was a liiiittle bit diffiucult as the drilling pattern did not fit with the mount I got from SimRacingBay. But after drilling four new holes everything fitted perfectly :cool:

Did a couple of laps in ACC with the standard ACC preset in the true drive software. Holy jesus moly, that power, that speed, that feeling for the front end into the corner and the rear end out of the corner is just out of this world. After those 15laps I would say the benefit is as huge as the jump from 2D to the Rift was, my mind was really blow away yesterday.
Did run at 100% in the SC software and 30% ingame and it was already too heavy for my tastings, settled with 24% for now which was just perfect! :happy:
Was to scared of being hurt by the wheel so I drove in 2D because I wanted to see my hands and the emergency button just in case :D

Thanks again to everyone who gave their impression and recommendation, very much appreciated and definitely needed!
@MelBonkers and @JetPistol , you should get into sales as you definitely convinced me to spend that much money for a wheel to have more fun in virtual racing. You both could probably sell anything to me, if you always advertise stuff like you did :p

Really looking forward to the DLC today and the Bathurst mini races tomorrow, should be a blast!

Cheers!
Exited

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One word: *@*@* Hero!!!!! That was two words! Enjoy mate! Enjoy!!!!! And that Ascher wheel :drool:

Users who are viewing this thread