Project CARS 2 Christmas Challenge: 1 Lap of the Nordschleife in the Civic GRC (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi folks,

the "Driving Home for Christmas" fun night came up with some good combos, during which we had a race on the Nordsscheife with WRX cars. I loved this combo, though didn't do it justice, so I gave it another shot. If you are looking for something to do over the 12 Days of Christmas, why not destroy try to beat my time.

Date: Closes 5th Jan 2019
Car: Honda Civic Coupe GRC
Track: Nordscheife

In Game Date: 25-12-2018
Start Time: 14:00
Time Progression: Real TIme
Weather: Heavy Snow
Start: Standing Start
Length: 1 Lap

Basic Stuff
Setup a 1 lap custom race using the information above (there are screenshots in the video below too) with a standing start. Link a screenshot of your finish screen as evidence of your heroism.

Fair Play Agreement
  • Default Setups only
    • You are allowed to change the steering ratio
  • You can ignore track limits if you want (but you'll have less fun drifting)

jamaljackson0201

Community Member
Reaction score
WOW! just friggin' WOOWW!

lord jesus help meh

i mean, holy ****, that's an insane amount of car for that surface! such a crazy fun combo, thanks man!
i'm havin' a blast trying to get used to it. super suggestion!

quick question: if my logic is right, then default setups means i'm only allowed to use one of the two that are already saved? this car for ex. has tarmac and rallycross, that right?

best i could do so far without contact was 9.38. i think i'm going in way too hot, but damn, it's got so much torque up there and it WANTS the hell beaten out of it, so hard to control my excitement :D:D

anyway, i'll keep trying and hit you with a screenshot when i get something decent and competitive lol.

oh, and merry christmas :D

#noobishenthousiasm

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
WOW! just friggin' WOOWW!

lord jesus help meh

i mean, holy ****, that's an insane amount of car for that surface! such a crazy fun combo, thanks man!
i'm havin' a blast trying to get used to it. super suggestion!

quick question: if my logic is right, then default setups means i'm only allowed to use one of the two that are already saved? this car for ex. has tarmac and rallycross, that right?

best i could do so far without contact was 9.38. i think i'm going in way too hot, but damn, it's got so much torque up there and it WANTS the hell beaten out of it, so hard to control my excitement :D:D

anyway, i'll keep trying and hit you with a screenshot when i get something decent and competitive lol.

oh, and merry christmas :D

#noobishenthousiasm
that's the feeling you're after! Enjoy throwing it around, revel in that corner that you somehow slide around just right like a pro, then wince as you go straight into the wall 2 corners later.

Yes - pick either of the two already saved yes. Circuit will be harder I think (but probably the fastest time once you get to the straight at the end). Rally cross is where it's at though from a fun factor...

jamaljackson0201

Community Member
Reaction score
best i got so far. hard to not crash, still tryina learn it. got a bit used to breaking while accelerating and clutch kicking, but i got a good base, now its time to improve those times... and not kill the engine. why am i the only one doing this? i feel like im embarrassing myself :D :D
20181229231024_1.jpg

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
its great practice that's why! When you come to a wet race it won't be you feeling embarrassed! Pretty decent time :D

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this challenge Paul! I was watching your stream on the 'Driving Home for Christmas' event as I was unable to join in and it looked like a blast.

Just did 3 laps (as that's all I have time for) and have to say it is indeed a blast to drive this combo. I managed a fairly neat lap until the higher speed corners toward the end but I'm happy enough with what i managed for a bit of fun.
20190101141325_1.jpg

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this challenge Paul! I was watching your stream on the 'Driving Home for Christmas' event as I was unable to join in and it looked like a blast.

Just did 3 laps (as that's all I have time for) and have to say it is indeed a blast to drive this combo. I managed a fairly neat lap until the higher speed corners toward the end but I'm happy enough with what i managed for a bit of fun.
View attachment 5734
very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread