Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So after not touching Project CARS 2 or my wheel for a few months I decided to mount my wheel again and join a public lobby. I wasn't expecting much since I didn't play in a long time and the car/track combo was new for me.

So I joined the lobby with 10 min of qualifying left. In those 10 min I relearned nurburgring GT version and the GTE Ford. Surprisingly I manged to get pole! Only the guy in second was on the same pace as me with a lap time of 0,2 seconds slower! The rest of the field were all over a second behind.

So the race starts! I get a good start, T1 comes around and P2 get's punted out of the universe! I do get punted a few times, but mange to only drop to 3th place (sloppy public lobby T1's as always) Later in lap 1 I get some contact with P2 an pass him a bit later! Rest of the race is me trying to catch up to P1 since he stayed clear of all the carnage!

Only 2 laps to go and I am finally cought up with P1 with some luck of him making bigger mistakes than I am :p
I start attacking him the last lap, but sadly couldn't get past him in time although I was faster. This was probably the most intense last lap for me ever and that in a public lobby!

Also I would like you guys opinion on his last defensive move. During the race it self I felt like it was very aggressive, but after rewatching it I don't really know what to make of it.

I hope you guys like this little post and see you soon on the track!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Good stuff - always nice to sometimes remind yourself of the gap between a public lobby and league racing. Looks like off the start you could have been much more defensive on keeping your P1 position. Going wide out there you invited dives inside. Of course, its 50/50 whether someone decides to drive straight through you either way.

That last corner: For me I think you're just a little optimistic that you could both hold enough speed and stay perfectly on the very inside line. The gap's not really there to take imo.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Good stuff - always nice to sometimes remind yourself of the gap between a public lobby and league racing. Looks like off the start you could have been much more defensive on keeping your P1 position. Going wide out there you invited dives inside. Of course, its 50/50 whether someone decides to drive straight through you either way.

That last corner: For me I think you're just a little optimistic that you could both hold enough speed and stay perfectly on the very inside line. The gap's not really there to take imo.

Yea I didn't dare to drive in the inside of T1 since I knew my braking in to it was always bad in qualifying and also scared of torpedo's.

And yea after rewatching it I felt the same about the last turn. Just happy I didn't cause the end of both our races there!

Thx for the tips!

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last lap move is fine to me. He closes the door, you just don't have enough speed to get the inside. Maybe a better attempt would have been an 'inside intoxication', meaning you pretend to go inside, forcing him to close the door. Then you get an outside line instead, which implies you would have a much better angle than him for acceleration, and that could have been an overtake on the line. :cool:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last lap move is fine to me. He closes the door, you just don't have enough speed to get the inside. Maybe a better attempt would have been an 'inside intoxication', meaning you pretend to go inside, forcing him to close the door. Then you get an outside line instead, which implies you would have a much better angle than him for acceleration, and that could have been an overtake on the line. :cool:
Yea after the race ended I also thought that that move could have been better, I was just hoping he didn't take such a weird apex in to that corner. If you see after he goes to the inside he goes very wide.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you really want to analyse how you could have won the race, I wouldn't focus on the last corner. Looking at the replay you were all over him for many laps. However (like me) you tried lots of passes where you were faster, but not necessarily a high chance of getting past (he could just block you). Look back through and think about how you could have setup for easier passes by not going full tilt into a corner he was slower than you, but rather come through the corner with better speed and exit to setup a different pass. It might not instantly improve your driving, but over time you start to train your brain to look for setups. Best experience like that for me was doing the 24hrs Daytona and watching @Puffpirat passing people repeatedly the corner after I was trying to pass them.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If you really want to analyse how you could have won the race, I wouldn't focus on the last corner. Looking at the replay you were all over him for many laps. However (like me) you tried lots of passes where you were faster, but not necessarily a high chance of getting past (he could just block you). Look back through and think about how you could have setup for easier passes by not going full tilt into a corner he was slower than you, but rather come through the corner with better speed and exit to setup a different pass. It might not instantly improve your driving, but over time you start to train your brain to look for setups. Best experience like that for me was doing the 24hrs Daytona and watching @Puffpirat passing people repeatedly the corner after I was trying to pass them.
Yea still a bit rusty in passing and I was close behind him for 2 laps, but only felt close enough to attack halfway through the last lap, but I will surely be working on it!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yea still a bit rusty in passing and I was close behind him for 2 laps, but only felt close enough to attack halfway through the last lap, but I will surely be working on it!
element of surprise is key. you can easily display your thoughts with how you position the car.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
James plans his passes 2 days in advance. You think he parked badly in the paddock? Nope, he's priming you...
haha take your time and look for weaknesses, do a dummy overtake and look at how they react. its very telling of their throught processes. if they react and cover off the inside, you know it will likely end in contact but it allows you to force them to take a "sub-optimal" line(#mclarenword) giving you more options to overtake in the following corners.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
haha take your time and look for weaknesses, do a dummy overtake and look at how they react. its very telling of their throught processes. if they react and cover off the inside, you know it will likely end in contact but it allows you to force them to take a "sub-optimal" line(#mclarenword) giving you more options to overtake in the following corners.
Will keep this mind, but I think I will keep this for RSR races, this lobby was a bit laggy and this guy had slow en weird corner lines.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
That first corner - I watched that a view times - very funny :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yup! Dummies ftw! Works 90% of the time on unexperienced drivers--> suboptimal line when they try to defend. Or with veterans you can keep the element of surprise or suddenly change strategy if you ve displayed it before by slowly going to the outside and when he rejoins the normal racing line you dive on the inside because he s not allowed to change line anymore! (Dangerous in public lobbies). I have a video of a radical driver doing this perfectly in a race at donington, will try to find it again

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yup! Dummies ftw! Works 90% of the time on unexperienced drivers--> suboptimal line when they try to defend. Or with veterans you can keep the element of surprise or suddenly change strategy if you ve displayed it before by slowly going to the outside and when he rejoins the normal racing line you dive on the inside because he s not allowed to change line anymore! (Dangerous in public lobbies). I have a video of a radical driver doing this perfectly in a race at donington, will try to find it again
it really does, but even experienced drivers are still guilty of reacting to dummy moves. sudden surprises are also fun but u have to trust the other driver not to make a stupid move. there are several drivers here that i trust enough to be agressive in defence or overtaking, knowing they wont turn in or hit me. As @Cluck was looking at this thread when i started typing, it reminded me of this: Back in season 3, we raced at both COTA and Fuji, both of those races i squeezed the other cars to inside of the corner. take Fuji for example, Cluck tried to overtake me going into Turn 1 (which is a hairpin with turn 2 being a tight left hander), this effectively forced him to brake earlier and take a tighter, slower line into turn 1. during the braking zone i changed direction and headed towards the outside of the corner to allow me to carry more speed through the corner and get a higher corner exit speed thus being on the left side and having the advantage for turn 2. With this what im trying to explain is track knowledge is key, if you know the track it gives you more chanced to take an alternitive line, but it is still ultimately down to trusting who you race. this trust you can sometimes gain quite quickly but with some poeple they need time to understand how to race safely. There are some who think they are driving gods when actually they cause more contact because ultimately they dont fully understand the art of race craft.

As with the veterans, you have a tough job on your hands to beat them becuase they have the experience of racing hard and have learnt their race craft, but they still have weaknesses and to beat them you have to uncover those weaknesses and exploit it.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys how is it going all? :) Is there a Revolution Cup planned soon? I'm in the mood for planning an unofficial race/series but there s no point if the big league is coming down the pipe soon ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys how is it going all? :) Is there a Revolution Cup planned soon? I'm in the mood for planning an unofficial race/series but there s no point if the big league is coming down the pipe soon ;)
We will be announcing something this week, stay tuned!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Andrewburgen

Community Member
Reaction score
can someone clear me up? how do we know when induction events take place? also how do we actually involve ourselves with events (is this like someone will add you to a session or?) just slightly confused

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

We've had a bit of a change in things over the last 12 months and, as such, induction sessions no longer take place. Instead, members are automatically given 'Probationer' status and eligible to join RSR organised races. Taking part in races, driving safely and respecting our rules will eventually see you promoted.

We're nearing the end of Season 9 of the Revolution Cup in pCARS2 but that doesn't necessarily mean the end of our pCARS2 events. We are hosting races in other sims too.

Users who are viewing this thread