BMW wheel button meaning (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows what this wheel button do?

BMW E60 wheel button (programmable).jpg

It is a button on programmable right side of wheel, but it is factory programmed, and I don't know what is it for :)

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
The symbol on the Button looks very similar to something we call "aktive Geschwindigkeitsregelung" in Germany.
This is an upgraded version of a cruise control.
If you press the button you should be able to select a speed you want to drive, just like a normal cruise control. But when you come closer to a car driving ahead of you, the "aktive Geschwindigkeitsregelung" will automatically slow down and keep a distance to the car ahead of you. If you wand to overtake, you just need to select another line one the street and the car will accelerate automatically to the selected speed you had chosen.

Please test it carefully. The button just looks very similar and so I'm just to 95% sure.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Because of I was interested if I am correct, I googled the singn on your wheel. It also could be the button for the hill descent control. All the little singns look similar :banghead:
Isn't the drivers manual helping you?
I just know the BMW Motorcycle drivers manuals. They are very Clear with nice pictures of every button.
Post automatically merged:

If you find out what that button is used for, please tell me.
Now I'm interested ;)

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hill descent control is similar to this, only difference is that is tilted (here car is drawn on flat surface). I have car manual but it is in Slovenian language, so I searched online and found english version but didn't see anything similar to this icon. I'll search again, maybe I have missed it.

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
What car do you drive (model and year).
BMW Germany have online manuals.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
E60 530i Xdrive 2009 N53B30-O0

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Hill descent control is similar to this, only difference is that is tilted (here car is drawn on flat surface). I have car manual but it is in Slovenian language, so I searched online and found english version but didn't see anything similar to this icon. I'll search again, maybe I have missed it.

Make a picture and i'll translate. I just happen to be very fluent in slovenian. :)

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
Got the driver's manual. But they don't say anything about a the standard function of this button. Maybe there is no standard function and the similar looking symbols are just coincidence

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Got the driver's manual. But they don't say anything about a the standard function of this button. Maybe there is no standard function and the similar looking symbols are just coincidence
Yes I saw that also. It is sattled on a programmable button on wheel so it is custom icon for something.
Post automatically merged:

If it's not hill descent control it's probably ultra hyper straightline speed. :)
This car is totally capable of that kind of speed :)

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I just got confirmation from a BMW dealership (I send them email about this.... i really didn't thought before that they will answer so I never consider this option to find solution :) )
They say it is Hill descent control :D
Pages 100 and 101 in manual from 03/2007.

Users who are viewing this thread