Advice on a new headset (1 Viewer)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

my old headset is acting up (broken cable - only work in a certain positon) so I'll need a new one.

I'm open to any suggestions, between 60 and 110 €.
  • 7.1 would be nice, but isn't mandatory
  • Since my current one has a broken cable, I would like to have the ability to change the cable if broken. If this is not possible, the cable should at least be sleeved.
  • Wireless is a no-go due to limited capacitiy of the batteries
  • Good sound (not too much on the bass side - I would like to listen to music too!)
  • Good mic of course
  • Mic should ideally be detachable or fold away
My current candidates:
Steel Series Siberia 350
Steel Series Siberia V3
Kingston Hyperx cloud II

Creative Sound BlasterX H5 Tournament Edition
Sennheiser GSP 300
Logitech G633 (unlikely due to severe driver issues - has to be restarted after muting the mic)
Corsair Void surround (also unlikely. Looks cool but the mic seems to be rather bad)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

I also thought about the Zalmann mic, but don't know which headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro are nice but oo expensive.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B008POFOHM?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ovrl&th=1

The Audio Technica look pretty good, but they're DJ headphones, which are usually a bit heavy on the bass side. I prefer a clean and evenly sound.

And would I really need a dedicated soundcard? The onboard solution on my MB seems to be pretty good according to tests.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I also thought about the Zalmann mic, but don't know which headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro are nice but oo expensive.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B008POFOHM?ref_=ams_ad_dp_ovrl&th=1

And would I really need a dedicated soundcard? The onboard solution on my MB seems to be pretty good according to tests.

Not needed but nice to have. Had the zalmann mic for a long time and I was super satisfied with it. Headphones is up to you, but do not buy a "7.1" gaming headset, pure crap...

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSerie...set-Surround/dp/B015ZXZOCU/ref=dp_ob_title_vg
This is the newer model of what I use, almost double your budget & wireless... benefit is you don't need dedicated sound card, if using optical, you can pass the signal through to your sound-system. Comes with 2 batteries that you can actually switch in under 12s (one will always be on charge). Dolby surround & 7.1. Mic quality isn't too bad either

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Once you go wireless you never go back due to the convenience and sheer freedom of being able to move around. I've used the Logitech G930 which was great until it stopped working, great sound for the price and there's no batteries it's just a plug-in-to-charge setup (essentially becoming a G35 when charging).

Right now I'm using the unanimously rated best wireless gaming headset on the market, the SteelSeries Siberia 800 which has incredible sound quality and uses a two battery system which means one is always charging while you use the other so there's no down time. Each battery still lasts multiple days of solid gaming stints. However I don't think this one quite fits the budget you're aiming for...

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread