rFactor 2 6h Istanbul - 14th July 2018 | 11AM UTC | p1-simracing.net (1 Viewer)

avxstudio

Community Member
Reaction score
Okay guys,good luck for today! I am watching the stream as long as i can! I hope you´ll get it done cleanly.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Damn what a race...

Congrats to all you guys and so happy about my class-win in the Touring category with Mohammed :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone involved, it was such a fun race, rain was a bit worrying to start but once the race started the car got better and better. Congrats to @Elodyr for his TC class win...was it ever in doubt?

Next up for P1-gaming we have the 12Hrs of Lemans...details will be available soon.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will consider signing up for 12h Le Mans, because I'm not really satisfied with the race yesterday. Well, I'm both satisfied and not satisfied actually, something more like that.

My pace was just fine, I was quite consistent given that I was driving for around 3,5h straight from the beggining. The game however decided to make life harder. According to rF2 running wide is a cut track, so I had to take a stop&go. What's worse, @t0daY told me I could've got it removed but it was too late :( xD

Then it was quite okay, from time to time some TC's and particular GT's were driving like if they were simracing for the first time, but overall it wasn't problematic. Around lap 70 we got hit by a disconnect, which put us from a decent P13 to P20. I managed to regain 2 positions within the last 30 laps I was driving. On lap 102, @matt beard took the car.

He also did a decent drive and managed to get up by 1 position (it's great given that we were a few laps behind cars in front), but then his beloved sister decided to stream and his ping was all over the place. We got DQ'd and un-DQ'd, but when I wanted Matt to come and do 1 lap in order to get me in the car, his wifi died.

What can I say, I'm not doing this for the first time so I know endurances can be both fun and heartbraking, and that's the reason I'm not going to stop. I want to come back stronger *maybe* at Le Mans, but I'm definetely all in for Nords :D

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone involved, it was such a fun race, rain was a bit worrying to start but once the race started the car got better and better. Congrats to @Elodyr for his TC class win...was it ever in doubt?

Next up for P1-gaming we have the 12Hrs of Lemans...details will be available soon.

Ty, but the win wasn't sure at all :D

I was in a strong position having gotten pole position in the qualifying and having the fastest overall lap on the practice server, but I f***ed up huge when I decided to play it safe and start on wets with a fast drying track. I decided to pit in the fifth lap which put me at the end of the field and had to work my way up while avoiding spinning off because some GT's were trying to push me into the wet braking zone while lapping. I understand that some of them were on slicks too but that is absolutely no reason to try and push Tourers off going into a corner if they are responsible for a safe pass...

Still I managed to gain place by place and when it finally dried off enough I was able to gain consistently on the current leader. I then noticed that he did an extra stop (presumably because of damage but not sure) which handed me the lead which I only gave away when we got Mohammed into the car. He came out behind P1 by about 2s and the fighter he is he claimed it back after a few laps with a nice overtake while I was talking to Markus in the stream. He then handed me the car back after approx. 10 laps.

From there on I had a smooth race being comfortably in the lead. I tried going for the sub 2 minute lap which I finally gained 1 lap to the end because I specifically pitted for fresh tires just to get it :D

Users who are viewing this thread