30th Oct 2016 - 18 Hours of Sakitto (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cluck's random-slide-o-matic™ technique says "hi"

EDIT : As with Pam, that's not a perfect lap by a long chalk (I have gone 0.2s faster - on multiple laps - in the 1st sector alone) but it is a time I can lap in with some consistency.

Last edited:

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Cluck's random-slide-o-matic™ technique says "hi"

Nice lap, there is definitely a bit of time in the driving and probably a bit in the setup for me, would not be surprised if low 46 could be achieved. Bit sad I have agreed to work overtime tomorrow as I would like to spend a bit of time on this!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh god, yeah, I mean if I can just drag some sliders around and get that time - with a far from perfect lap (see my edit - I can regularly go 0.2s faster in S1 alone, but I think S2 is close to my limit) after just a few laps practice (that lap was set on the 2nd lap with that setup) - then somebody with more skill, time and patience will no doubt get a better lap out of it. The thing, for me, though is that the setup was really nice and stable. A touch of oversteer if you mash the throttle with some lock on out of a corner, but otherwise pretty easy to drive quickly and consistently.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I found my setup surprisingly drivable when I got used to it, the car has a tendency to rotate whilst braking but it's predictable enough that I am actively using it in a couple of places. I think my best first sector is 34.9xx the lap I posted above was .2 slow in the second sector (bad exit from degner 2) and there is at least a couple of tenths to be found in the final sector just by nailing the exit of spoon. Will try to find an hour tomorrow to push it a bit further.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fastest S1 for me so far is 34.82 (and still not as fast as I could go), S2 is a low 43.2 and I have no idea what my fastest S3 time is, I don't really check it :eek: (but I know my current fastest lap is slow through there)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How are u using setups in time trial..??
I didnt know u could..
Dam if thats the case i best apply a setup as mine was done with fully default..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Whatever setup the car currently has, that's what will be used in Time Trial. My old time was set last year, ahead of the race we did there. I have no idea what the setup was, but I was doing 1m48 times in multiplayer with a default setup and v.low 1m49 times at night, with a full tank, with an otherwise default setup.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Planning to have a bit of practice after the F1 qualifying tonight, if anyone else is around I will put up a race settings server and we can have some little practice races.

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is there space for me to do my first race in RSR :D

Last edited:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
@frankodrose As long as you've got your orange or green badge you can join. Just show up at the right time on the night and you will be able to race. :)

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
SillySausage thanks but I won't do this race just saw that F1 is the time the race is going on :)

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Pamellaaa and I are about to setup a session and get some long-run practice going if anyone else is interested. Just join Teamspeak if you want to join. :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
1:48,6 with ginetta GT4 50l fuel. Hope is enouth for top 10...
In the ginetta you can save many fuel. If you shift according the onboard shift indicator you use 0,1l less then if you would shift according your wheel lights. And you loose no time, because the power stay the same in this area.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I think that's about what I am, will be looking for a low 47 in qualifying and then mid 48s for race pace.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just made a few more tweaks and oh boy is the car lovely to drive now. Was slow in the 3rd sector but put in a 43.0 S2 time (I absolutely monstered it through there :D). Result was a 1m47.1 time :).

Aiming for mid 1m48 laps in the race. Pushing much harder than that just burns through the tyres - if I run 1m48.0 laps for 20 laps, I burn through the tyres in 20 laps (and yes, 1m48.0 is no problem on the 1st flying lap with a full tank).

If it helps, I'm running full rear wing. I was worried it would be too much of a hindrance through the long straights but, with the other tweaks, I'm now faster and have more confidence in the car under me too.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Just made a few more tweaks and oh boy is the car lovely to drive now. Was slow in the 3rd sector but put in a 43.0 S2 time (I absolutely monstered it through there :D). Result was a 1m47.1 time :).

Aiming for mid 1m48 laps in the race. Pushing much harder than that just burns through the tyres - if I run 1m48.0 laps for 20 laps, I burn through the tyres in 20 laps (and yes, 1m48.0 is no problem on the 1st flying lap with a full tank).

If it helps, I'm running full rear wing. I was worried it would be too much of a hindrance through the long straights but, with the other tweaks, I'm now faster and have more confidence in the car under me too.
I think this is going to be really close, I did a 47.221 in online with @SillySausage earlier but the first sector was a 35.2 so there is time to come off that, haven't tried high df yet, running 0/4 at the moment, any less is very hard to drive and not faster enough to compensate. May try 0/5 or 6 when I get home for a comparison, are you using front df @Cluck?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1F for that time I did earlier. 2F makes the car way too unstable and haven't tried 0F to be honest.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Quick reminder for everyone on this one that this is the first race since Daylight Savings Time changed the hour for most people, this means that tonights event is at 19:30 UTC rather than the normal 18:30 UTC, for everyone who has recently had the hour change due to DST this will mean that race start is exactly when it normally would be, for others it may be an hour different, please make sure you know what time the race is starting because we would hate for anyone to miss the event by getting the times wrong.

@Members

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am a little mixed up recently......thought we were doing the Clio's at Monza again.....turns out I was looking at the wrong calendar and wrong event.....story of my life. This evening I'll just hop in the Ginetta GT4 and race around with default setup :D. See you later this evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread