Project CARS 2 27th April 17 - RaceRoom Experience - Fun Race, 18:30 UTC - Completed (1 Viewer)

Are you in for this event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm going back to my cave next Tuesday and want to do some racing, I want to say "I'm in" but I would like to see what are you guys running as I don't have all content :(.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im not going to be able to get the game down in time to participate in this one, but will continue downloading it and will join the next one.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Any chance we can move this to Thursday May 4th? I won't be here this week and would like to participate for some fun. Unless you do back to back RE3 fun nights lol. ;)

I think that on 4th of May will be some ranked race :)
We can do it more if people are interested.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't participate in this one, but sure would like to attend future ones.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im not going to be able to get the game down in time to participate in this one, but will continue downloading it and will join the next one.
Lol. How long u been downloading for... Feed the bloody hamsters then lol..

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lol. How long u been downloading for... Feed the bloody hamsters then lol..
I have been downloading since Friday, but need to stop downloads when playing games. currently at 3 days and 17 hours to complete.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
@darkangelsi Man I feel for you!

As for dates to run this, we do need to avoid dates that official PCars races are on. I don't want to affect grid sizes TBH.

I've also updated the Poll at the top to include a maybe. We need to know who is and who might. Can you make sure you update your vote for me plz.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried some laps today and I am very satisfied with this track and car. Didn't touch the cars setup (because I have no time or idea what to do) just lower rear wing. But car behaves nice in default setup. Track is not hard to learn and with it's ups and downs really playful. :)

Jago25

Community Member
Reaction score
Just to say, the 1 car costs 3,28 euro, while the full pack (discounted) is only 8,35 euro.
so might as well take them all.
i find the mclaren very twitchy

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow! I just tried RaceRoomExperience for the first time with the Rift and I have to say I'm seriously impressed. The graphics look REALLY good and the sound.....the sound.....the sound is just jaw dropping and hurts the ears very much......in a positive way. Can't wait for the fun evening tonight ;-)

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sound is just so immersive.
I am not an expert in sim racing but car in raceroom experience acts so realistic. Physics + sound + ffb = great racing game

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I love R3E, just dont like the prices and packs, is so inconsistent in a long run.

I'll join tonight, hope I dont get the same issue most of the times I have with R3E multiplayer (lag).

Portimao is also a fun track and free

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
Back to racing with RSR and couldn't be better, start the first race and I have to pit, not once, but twice for fuel,,,,,,,, in a 20 mints race:bucktooth:,, and to make it more embarrassing:oops: a Drive Thru Penalty warning that wasn't just shown to me, but to all the drivers, so they can laugh at me:smuggrin:. ;)

But, Overall, that was unexpectedly fun,, didn't have any lag issues, my only "issue" was that I couldn't understand anyone speaking during the races, cuz the loud sounds of the cars are just simply amazing. :headphone:

I hope we can do this more often, and hope people can get at least the starter pack which is good enough for fun nights.

Cheers and nice to see some familiar names on track again!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Really nice racing guys. I am in for more of this. I had big battles with Mo in first race and MikeyTT in second, and finish in second was a blast.... 0,026 secs :) Video is coming soon :)

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I had to fly off after the second GT3 race, unexpected guests. :banghead:

That was much more fun than last time I must admit, the racing was really nice and once you got your entry speeds right the car was very nice to drive (I was in the Z4).

Thanks again for @Dama_The_Crow for doing most the leg work on this event, lets get another one on the books soon! :woot:

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry I had to fly off after the second GT3 race, unexpected guests. :banghead:

That was much more fun than last time I must admit, the racing was really nice and one you got your entry speeds right the car was very nice to drive (I was in the Z4).

Thanks again for @Dama_The_Crow for doing most the leg work on this event, lets get another one on the books soon! :woot:

Thank you, but it was not that much big deal.

We'll get another date for another "fun-fight" soon in "empty" space between P cars races :)

I enjoyed driving Raceroom GT3 and DTM 92 cars. In this game I totally feel car behavior on my wheel and can't wait for Oculus to try it.
I am hoping that next time we will have more freedom to choose between cars because maybe some guys will buy something more that free content :smug:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I was wondering that. I was thinking that. For the DTM 92 cars did you use @MikeyTT 's server or is there a way to do Peer to Peer races in Multiplayer?

Having to use a server is a bit of a pain to keep reconfiguring if for a new session each time.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yes, Mikey set up his server. I really don't know anything about multiplayer in Raceroom, so I'm not sure is there any possibility for PtP. I'll check that for next time we arrange the race.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Nope, unfortunately there is no P2P available. Although I had to dig out the mothballs, I still had the DS kind of working from last time we ran RRE.

My DS server I tend to leave running, as it's just a virtual machine I host at home. I have no issue with you guys just jumping on when you want to.

I was going to post up the user/pass, but the forums aren't hidden anymore for non-members (@ramiboo is that an intentional change? or was it always like that. I certainly though the actual posts were hidden).

If you want to use it, then just PM me and I'll gladly give you the details. I'm not always checking email/forums in the evening, so if you can PM me ahead of time, that would be better for you.I've PMed you and ramiboo the user/pass details anyway. If the server is down, then please give me a nudge and I'll fire it back up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread