iRacing 24h Daytona - 20th January 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
I won't be streaming. Mainly because my internet can't actually handle it as I don't have the upload speeds, but also because I can't make videos or streams on any racing games that aren't SMS created.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did my first practice last night, best time was a 41.7. I’m not 100% comfortable yet and since it’s the first time driving iRacing with the CSW v2.5 I have to tweak a few things FFB wise but I’m getting there.

Tonight will be a big practice session I guess?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey @Puffpirat, Well done. You did your practice in an official D24 practice session? That time is good if you've not been on for a while. There'll be a few on tonight. I check in TS to see if you are about. I'm gonna qualify tonight then hopefully do another IMSA race for some traffic practice. The DP's are hard work sometimes. There doesn't seem to be many good DP drivers so splits 3 - x will see some pretty silly driving in the DP's, just give them a wide berth and use push to talk and lights to get them out the way ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey @Puffpirat, Well done. You did your practice in an official D24 practice session? That time is good if you've not been on for a while. There'll be a few on tonight. I check in TS to see if you are about. I'm gonna qualify tonight then hopefully do another IMSA race for some traffic practice. The DP's are hard work sometimes. There doesn't seem to be many good DP drivers so splits 3 - x will see some pretty silly driving in the DP's, just give them a wide berth and use push to talk and lights to get them out the way ;)

So the usual stuff with the DP drivers :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did it in an offline session (default weather, 50% track) because I haven’t been on iRacing for quite some time. Was better because I could concentrate on tweaking FFB and stuff but tonight I want to go online with you guys :)
See you around :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat Run 100% track state. Better representation of what you will see tomorrow. Nice time as well for being away. See ya around.:)

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
22 Hour Update
upload_2018-1-21_12-2-25.png

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Capture0.PNG
#car 33 Thank you Jerry and Thom for one of the best events I have taken part in iRacing. Last years result was more than satisfying but this year 2nd Place is something to remember forever with all the issues we had along the way. Leading the race and eventually get 2nd is absolutely more than what I ever imagined. Ecstacy could not put in higher than I am at the moment.

#car 66 At last you got your win it took some time to get there and congratulations to all of you

#car 69 Well done you guys to have had those issues in the beginning of your race and getting that Podium I am sure you were not aware of getting at some point early in the race

#car 96 Guys well done no matter what happened you guys made a race of what you guys were in. Unfortunately it was not to be but take this to heart and remember there is always a next time and hold your heads very high you done RSR proud.

To everyone involved other than the teams above I wish to take the time to say thank you as well with you we more than likely would not have done as well. Till the next time...................

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I wanna say thank you to my team mates @Dutchtastic @Mr Beas @t0daY :) for the little time we had to get together we did great. Thank you for bearing with us “little practicers”.

Also shout out to everyone supporting us in the stream and the banter here and there. This is what makes those endurance races such a great experience!

We can be more than happy with our pace. Unfortunate crash was unfortunate. Keep your head high Dutch, we’ve all been there :)

Congrats to the other teams on their great results. RSR Podium galore :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats guy's job well done! :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great race to all the cars and RSR drivers out there ;)
#33 for quadruple-stinting a driver and maintaining an awesome pace
#69 in a split well above the average iRating (whatever that may mean) finishing on a podium
#66 for winning their split in clearly, difficult traffic.

And yes, we would have had one awesome battle on our hands in the split :(
Average laptime - Fastest laptime. Not even 1 tenth off each other
Naamloos.png

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
We won Split 3 but it was pretty tough. Had 2 Buschfink cars and the Autobahn car with John Ulmer to contend with. Best lap for me was 1:41.2 and we were able to capitalize my speed to un-lap ourselves from 2 laps down. We basically were battling for 24 hours like a sprint race. Very mentally challenging with traffic and everything. Just glad its over and done with. :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a start in my first 24h race.

We got 3 DSC at the beginning and then I started my first stint with speeding in the pit lane :banghead:

But first I have to say thank you to my great teammates. I couldn't imagine a better team for my first endurance race.
@Yorkie_065, you were a great captain. You always cheered me up in the knowledge that I chicken out for almost the whole race :chicken:. Your performance and the fight in the final stint was just awesome. Too bad, that you got the connection/server problems at the beginning.
@Vernux, you were driving extremely stable and fast times. Plus you were the safest driver in our team.
@Soulah, extremely good performance. Too bad that you had this accident.
@C. Tscharf we had so much fun at my place. I hope we can do this again in August for the Le Mans race.

I can only say that I was not happy about my performance. I was a second slower then i could drive for most of the time. The good news is, that I didn't crash the car and that I only had one spin in the whole race. But it was a great experience and I hope I will learn from that event.

The team for itself was just awesome. There were never really a doubt that we can't fight back to at least top 5. That we fought till the end for 2nd place and that we got the 3rd podium place with just 4 seconds down and 0.5 liters in the tank....indescribably :greyalien:

Cheers to @Dutchtastic for your awesome livery and thx to @falcon2081 for your help before the race.

A final thank you to RSR and everyone who cheered us in the stream and in TS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread