iRacing 24h Daytona - 20th January 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We got 3 DSC at the beginning and then I started my first stint with speeding in the pit lane :banghead:

Sounds familiar to me :D Same happened to me 3 years ago in my first Daytona event :D

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Well #66 @Corbs @ramiboo @Pamellaaa .....

Amazing job my fellow team mates, I really take my hat off to you. For many that tune in to such an event it's not necessary evident how much time and energy the team invested in running this year.

The support and comradery within the team has been amazing. Our preparation started as early as November, of which most is now a bit of a blur. Many an hour and night was spent by all in practice, setup and race sessions to ensure we gave ourselves the best possible chance this year.

As always the race was not an easy one, a couple of spins and a disconnect probably compromised our overall race by 2-3 laps. Despite this our team spirit was amazing and everyone worked together to grind out lap after lap, as the session progressed the rest of the team diligently guided the drivers though the traffic and kept them safe from harm. As we transitioned into the morning it was apparent that the hard work was starting to pay off and there was a real chance of securing a potential win, however we all know from experience that with endurance races in a split second you can go from being P1 to having to retire the car with nothing to show for all of the effort. Everyone persevered putting in lap after lap and pass after pass to ultimately secure a class win with a good 2 lap margin.

I think the most fitting way to show my appreciation and respect to you all is to dedicate this result to each of my fellow team mates. You guys are truly amazing and it's a pleasure to be able to share this experience with you all.

In finishing I hope this is the catalyst that allows us to build more success in the future and last but by no means least I also have to say a huge thanks to all the people at Geodesic Racing. Their help and support during the preparation for Daytona 24 was amazing and truly invaluable and it's only fair to extend my deepest appreciation and recognition for this.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
however we all know from experience that with endurance races in a split second you can go from being P1 to having to retire the car with nothing to show for all of the effort.
classy

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well #66 @Corbs @ramiboo @Pamellaaa .....

Amazing job my fellow team mates, I really take my hat off to you. For many that tune in to such an event it's not necessary evident how much time and energy the team invested in running this year.

The support and comradery within the team has been amazing. Our preparation started as early as November, of which most is now a bit of a blur. Many an hour and night was spent by all in practice, setup and race sessions to ensure we gave ourselves the best possible chance this year.

As always the race was not an easy one, a couple of spins and a disconnect probably compromised our overall race by 2-3 laps. Despite this our team spirit was amazing and everyone worked together to grind out lap after lap, as the session progressed the rest of the team diligently guided the drivers though the traffic and kept them safe from harm. As we transitioned into the morning it was apparent that the hard work was starting to pay off and there was a real chance of securing a potential win, however we all know from experience that with endurance races in a split second you can go from being P1 to having to retire the car with nothing to show for all of the effort. Everyone persevered putting in lap after lap and pass after pass to ultimately secure a class win with a good 2 lap margin.

I think the most fitting way to show my appreciation and respect to you all is to dedicate this result to each of my fellow team mates. You guys are truly amazing and it's a pleasure to be able to share this experience with you all.

In finishing I hope this is the catalyst that allows us to build more success in the future and last but by no means least I also have to say a huge thanks to all the people at Geodesic Racing. Their help and support during the preparation for Daytona 24 was amazing and truly invaluable and it's only fair to extend my deepest appreciation and recognition for this.

Thanks for the kind words Bassetts :)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this was genuine or sarcasm.

But to clarify I was referring generally from our collective past and also reflecting on us getting purposely rammed off track with 1 lap to the finish by a backmarking C7 in yesterday’s race.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not sure if this was genuine or sarcasm.

But to clarify I was referring generally from our collective past and also reflecting on us getting purposely rammed off track with 1 lap to the finish by a backmarking C7 in yesterday’s race.
It was sarcasm ;) I found it inappropriate given what happened to the sister car in your split.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words @Bassetts, we had a great team of guys for this event and we worked well with each other. I also feel for car 96 as it was such a shame after showing the race pace they had early in the race.

For me Daytona marked a landmark in my SimRacing journey. As many at RSR know I’ve been concentrating on iRacing more and more over the last 6 to 9 months and now do most of my day to day racing with the guys at Geodesic. Although I started iRacing before I found RSR (before it existed to be honest). It’s been because of the community here that has made it an enjoyable experience and has brought me to a point where I’d like to progress further into iRacing and try to establish myself as a top split driver. I’m glad that we could give RSR another win for the Hall of fame and I’m looking forward to the next time I can run RSR colours again!

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Since the race, I've found myself daydreaming twice about lapping Daytona in the Ferrari :p Oh man what an experience. Me, @Alex du Plessis and @1185323118 (Jerry) had our fair share of heart attacks in car #33:
  • I spun in the bus stop in the first 20 mins around thick traffic, dropping back to P16 and narrowly avoiding damaging the car. Others were not to lucky, I made a new friend in Ford GT #3 who would from then on constantly flash his lights at me :p
  • Stutters and screen freezes for all 3 of us at random, thankfully never hitting anything each time. I had to direct Alex off the banking via TS at one point after a particularly long black screen.
  • 3 disconnects for Alex, one on his stint's out lap - meaning Jerry had to jump in for another stint, with no rest after finishing his own triple stint. I believe this could have been RSR's first ever quadruple stint?
  • A BSOD for me whilst waiting for my turn to drive.
  • My poorly judged dive bomb and later spin at the bus stop (narrowly missing barriers again) in the final 2 hours.
  • All of the black Mercedes GT3s :p Every one of them on the server was scary to pass.
Throughout all of this, Alex & Jerry never missed a beat. Both showed supreme consistency and front running pace, and kept us in the race for the lead right up until our final 3 hours. Sadly, the winner was just too damn quick and consistent for us. Were it not for a late disconnect, and my own mishaps when pushing too hard at the end, it would have been a very close finish.

2nd place is still an amazing and well fought result for us, and I want to thank my team mates again for their gritty determination and abundance of Sisu - a brilliant job all around. Also, thanks to the other teams for dropping in to see how we were doing, and keeping us updated on the other cars progress. Another thank you goes to all those who helped refine the setup - the car was a dream to drive. And finally thank you to all the RSR members who gave us support along the way. I'm very proud of all our teams in this race - not just the finishers bagging a 1, 2, and 3; but also #96 for their brilliant drive cut short by their freak accident. Judging from the average and best lap times, it would have been a finish worthy of the Corvettes at Daytona 24 in 2016! A big congrats to my old car #66 on getting the win :D

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Interested in running! I'm pretty much fine with buying any car. If anyone *cough* wants to pick me up, I'll get my practice game on.
Edit: Oh wow I'm an idiot. Thanks to my brain for forgetting how years work. :D

Users who are viewing this thread