iRacing 24 Hours of Nürburgring (1 Viewer)

24 Hours of Nürburgring
Posted by fab. ICEMAN
iRacing
Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 13:00
Until: Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
''24 Hours of crashing -Yoohan''
N24.PNG

P9, Atleast we finished :) Next time some better luck perhaps!

It was good fun, thank you guys! @Jeff[NL] @Exited @TRS YoohanTV

Last edited:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly thank you to both the black and green team for kindly offering me a spot to drive with them. I obviously chose the team with the BMW.

Green let me qualify and start and I managed to put the car on pole about 4 tenths ahead of some real life racers which was pretty good. There is always improvements to be made and had I realised it was 2 consecutive laps I would have practiced it and amended the setup accordingly, I had to rush fix a setup so it wasn't perfect, nevertheless that was my problem.

Race start was calm, got a good jump on the rest of the field and off I went, drivers behind were swapping positions and I gained a decent gap on them over the first 2 stints.

Team Black tried to double stint tyres from Stint 2 into 3 and so popped out about 20ish seconds behind us but @The Wayfaerer stayed calm and collected and held the P1. I disappeared for chunks of time but each time I came back we were in P1 and Black in P2 and at some point the real life drivers hit all the other cars so we had a huge gap.

@Alex Salmon took over and continued the charge forward, as temps were dropping it was harder to fuel save and so only managed 2 x 6 lap stints, even asking "Will this bite us on the ass later?", at the time we had no idea.. more on this later.

I was missing for @Stokemon stint but I heard it was largely without incident, only a small scrape with the wall, we lost a bit of time to P2 but were still ahead.

I woke up at 4am ish and after the usual wake up toilet etc got to my Pc about 4.10 as Michael was driving out the pits, I had missed my driving slot because I thought we would have had 7 lap stints. Anyway, in an effort to get back with P1 Michael had opted to double stint tyres, the warning signs were there on Lap 1 and sadly on the second Lap he clipped the kerb and the rear and the car slid when he tried to catch it and made light contact with the wall. The steering was bent 90 degrees so from previous experience, this was going to be a sizable repair.

We towed and after the 5min saw the repairs were about 26mins all in, devastating for us but there was no use dwelling on it. We took the repairs and the 3, nearly 4 lap deficit and I went out. The steering was strange, it was more or less straight but steering left had much less feedback than right, subsequently I spun in the Sch. S and slid into the wall, remarkably, no damage. The car was slower on the straights by around 10kph but we soldiered on and started charging.

Over the morning we managed to elevate ourselves from P14 to P9 where we sat chasing Team Black, we had clawed from being lapped to within 4 minutes of them and in the final hour, they got punted by another team and hit the wall.

They emerged behind us, but not by much with the final stop to play for. However, we got to take a lap less of fuel as we were doing 7 lap stints and for the safety as we had the gap, took a fresh set of boots to remain ahead. This final stint was 2 laps, the same 2 laps we could have saved earlier!!!! We couldn't catch P7 so P8 was the maximum we could get.

We crossed the line about 3laps, 1 min behind P1. If you take away our repair and tow time, we would have finished (in rough calcs) about 5mins ahead of them.

Anyway this post has been too long, thanks for letting me drive you with you @Stokemon @The Wayfaerer @Alex Salmon

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was a pleasure to race with you @ramdrop. Especially since I believe it's been 4 years since we were in the same race. Hopefully it isn't the last time for another 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread