rFactor 2 24 Hours of Nürburgring - P1-Gaming (1 Viewer)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So without being personal to anyone.....
Can I just say that I am very disappointed to see that out of the 5 teams that left the 24 hour race, 3 of them are RSR affiliated.
It just really hurts, as there would have been a lot of people who would have sit this race out no matter what!

I really hope that the next 24hours, teams and people that are willing to finish this race no matter what, will be given a chance!
Hereby I apply for any 24 hrs coming up in the future.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can I just say that I am very disappointed to see that out of the 5 teams that left the 24 hour race, 3 of them are RSR affiliated.
It just really hurts, as there would have been a lot of people who would have sit this race out no matter what!

I really hope that the next 24hours, teams and people that are willing to finish this race no matter what, will be given a chance!
Unfortunately these were not retirements out of choice. Both cup cars had damage that wouldnt repair and the #23Mclaren retired due to driver swap failure(after multiple attempts to resolve the issue). Next 24hr race i believe is Lemans in VEC unless SRC or P1 have anything planned for next year

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok :-(

The driver swap failure, was it anything like the problem VEC had last time? That the driver who joined the server and wanted to select the car was unable to?

And with the Porsche Cups, was the damage not even fixed by pulling the internet cable?

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
The decision to retire both Cup cars was mine @Col_McCoy so I'm the only one to blame for this.

The race was going really well for both our cars (Jan getting into 2nd from 4th before his first incident and me battling through the field from P13 into P2 before my first "big one"), but then the problems began. Jan had an incident that cost him so much time with unrepairable damage to the engine that he pulled the plug and rejoined. Then later on I had an incident in sector 2 where I got collected by a GT3 in the aftermath. Even after repairing I had issues with the rear of the car being unpredictable and I basically spun or hit something every single lap from then on without anything I could really do to avoid it. The car felt completely normal but then suddendly would snap for no apparent reason while being more oversteery than usually. To put it in words, it felt like the suspension also had unrepairable damage which was a completely new thing to me.

I could've also pulled the plug and rejoined the race, but I was just frustrated with the whole situation and how the car behaved as soon as it had some kind of damage. This would've basically forced me to pull the plug every time from then on to assure I'm not a danger to anyone else participating in the race with my rear doing whatever it wants whenever it wants. I discussed the whole situation with Jan while driving and he decided to also retire the car if I did since he would've been driving all by himself for the next 18 hours.

I'm really sorry that we took up two spots and I decided to end it for us, since I really would've liked to finish the race and we also looked strong on pace :(

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Jan had an incident that cost him so much time with unrepairable damage to the engine that he pulled the plug and rejoined.
The car just understeered into oblivion at Schwedenkreuz and I took it already with full lifting to save fuel and in 30+h of practice never had that even close - also not had that the only time I double stinted, so tire wear is not the issue. Very unexpected and for me unexplainable - like sudden loss of grip.
I pulled the plug and rejoined to get a new engine (at that stage the car gets completely reset, new fuel, new tires, new engine, new chassis, etc.) and a couple of laps later the exact same happend, but this time at the uphill left hander after Fuchsröhre, this time it again just went straight ...

I suspect some sort of bug. I was not streaming, all programs were closed, except I had Simhub open and on the 3rd screen monitoring telemetry.

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for your explanation and effort to try to keep it in the race.
Yes ofcourse I am disappointed that you 2 were running alone and did not finish, but you gave it a decent amount of tries and I understand it's very lonely to do it alone alone ;-).
Ofcourse I wish you a rematch for the next but, but I wish it more for those people that could not race, to get a chance instead of teams that try it on their own ;-).

Interesting that with pulling the plug the 'problem' still re-appeared. Can't imagine that you guys were the only in the Porsche Cup who had the same problem. But yeah, its done

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Basically this is what happened to me and from my reconnect, it all went down the drain having the driver swap failure on the #22 car.

I'm not taking it personal or feel offended (you know me @Col_McCoy) but just want to say I'm a driver that never gives up. Even if I'd be 10 laps down, I'd ALWAYS finish my races. Even if it's just for the experience or just for the sake of not giving up. Personally I hate it if we'd give up with no reason, but being so many laps down and it doesn't matter. But obviously we didn't, as we had bigger issues.

I actually feel sorry for @Taorminator and @Corentin_Bergès that I ruined our race and we had to quit and they didn't get the chance to drive. But hopefully we can have a rerun sometime in the future.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Basically this is what happened to me and from my reconnect, it all went down the drain having the driver swap failure on the #22 car.

I'm not taking it personal or feel offended (you know me @Col_McCoy) but just want to say I'm a driver that never gives up. Even if I'd be 10 laps down, I'd ALWAYS finish my races. Even if it's just for the experience or just for the sake of not giving up. Personally I hate it if we'd give up with no reason, but being so many laps down and it doesn't matter. But obviously we didn't, as we had bigger issues.

I actually feel sorry for @Taorminator and @Corentin_Bergès that I ruined our race and we had to quit and they didn't get the chance to drive. But hopefully we can have a rerun sometime in the future.
If we had solved the driver swap issue I wouldn't have given up but there it was just over, nothing worked despite @MelBonkers efforts. Even my relatives who where watching the stream and supporting us were sad for us. I look forward to the future and finally be able to enjoy a real sim endurance :) I m just gutted to have been PCarsed in rf2 xD

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Taorminator, post: I m just gutted to have been PCarsed in rf2 xD
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you've been rf2'd. All the sims have their own special bugs. The one you got was a classic rf2 bug :(

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi @MelBonkers . Tell me how to set up the same graphics on the VR monitor? Cool chased, the rider must have eggs and not crystal!:stig:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi @MelBonkers . Tell me how to set up the same graphics on the VR monitor? Cool chased, the rider must have eggs and not crystal!:stig:

I think I have some eggs in the fridge, no crystal at home and still chasing that cool rider. I repeat, eggs are in the fridge, no crystal at home and still chasing the cool rider, over......:D

I think something went wrong with Google translate.
Post automatically merged:

Sonic,

Don't mind my earlier post, as I was just joking. I'm not sure what you mean with same graphics on the VR monitor, but basically I enable HMD + monitor in the RF2 settings of the game. Than my VR view is mirrored to my monitor (windowed or full screen or whatever you want). All my recordings are than made from the mirror on the monitor. I hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread