24 Hours of Nürburgring Nordschleife - 22nd April 2017 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Poster.jpg

The most exciting iRacing Endurance event in 2017!

The third iRacing endurance race for 2017 is upon us, the 24 Hours of Nürburgring Nordschleife! 3 cars and 12 of our bravest drivers will be pushed to the limit as they take on the mammoth task of a grueling real-time 24hr race around the most difficult and demanding track on earth!

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans including @Battenberg who finally returns to Car #66! We also have @stolnikas & @Soulah joining Car #65 for the first time as well. Let's cheer these guy's on as they are giving it their all and representing RSR in an awesome way.

Also our official livery debuts with this event. A very special thank you goes to @GioVtec for creating our very first Official RSR Livery!

Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#64] - @falcon2081, @t0daY, @Yorkie_065, @Mr Beas
Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#65] - @ramiboo, @Alex du Plessis, @stolnikas, @Soulah
Audi R8 LMS GT3 [#66] - @2scoops, @Bassetts, @Battenberg, @Corbs

Team Captain @falcon2081: "Hot off the heels from winning the Sebring 12hr Endurance Race in the 4th split we are looking forward to tackling the "Green Hell". With 187 corners to conquer this track will certainly test our resolve and will to not make any mistakes during the 24hr race. Joining me for this endeavor is my returning co-driver Manuel Durr as well as Matt York and Luke Beasor who are no strangers to RSR.

All three of them have plenty of endurance racing experience with Matt and Luke driving for our other cars previously. I personally missed this endurance race last year and I'm looking forward to push for a win for the team and keep on improving our endurance race record within iRacing. I hope you all join us and watch as we try to complete this grueling race. They say luck needs to be on your side and I have no doubt we have that.

We would also like to wish good luck to our sister car's who are participating in this race and hopefully this time all cars end in the Top 5!"
Team Captain @ramiboo: "The iRacing 24 Hours Nürburgring (ADAC 24h Rennen Nürburgring). One of the most demanding combinations in anyone's endurance calendar. As captain, I'm pleased to say I'm back in the #65 car after it gave me that very special win at the 24 Hours of Daytona. We'll be looking at driving in a mid-tier split so will have to be careful of the inexperience of other drivers and consistency, not so much pace, will be key for our success in this split. There are 3 awesome RSR drivers that are joining me in Car #65.

First up we have Alex du Plessis, a long time member that brings experience in having also done a handful of endurance races previously so knows the dedication and focus needed. Next, we have Stolnikas, this will be his first iRacing endurance event under the RSR banner, stolnikas has developed quickly over the last few months and I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles the challenge. Last, but by no means least, we have Soulah. Soulah is most active over at AOR, but has raced with us a few times in Project Cars and has proved to be a quick driver.

I think it's not unreasonable to think that we can be top 5 in our split, we'll be looking for a safe and consistent event."
Team Captain @2scoops: "Two iRacing endurance events under my belt, almost a veteran now. This time it's the Nurburgring and the Nordschleife. I've been asking myself all week whether it's a good idea or not, probably not, but it's such a legendary track which I really like. This one is going to be tough, this one is going to be about survival as much as pace. Car #66 finished 7th at Sebring after starting 27th, it will be tough to emulate such a good result, but anything can and probably will happen, so bring it on."

Team Captain @Bassetts: "With the experience of completing the Daytona 24hr and Sebring 12hr endurance races earlier on in the year, Car #66 is delighted to be returning to endurance racing for the Nürburgring 24Hr.

For the race we have been able to able retain our core driver lineup with 2Scoops, Bassetts and Battenberg but also delighted to be able to strengthen this with the addition of Corbs for this event.

From the outset of early practice, it's been apparent that the Nordschleife is going to present a new level of challenge for our endurance team, with "The Green Hell" testing our drivers to their very limits of skill and concentration.

Everyone within the team has been working hard in the garage and on the track to put us in the best position for the race. As with any endurance race but especially so with the Nordschleife consistency and clean racing will be the key to success here and everyone within the team is relishing the challenge ahead."

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best of Luck with the race, will be tuning in to watch when i can.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Goodluck everyone participating in the event. It's a shame that I cannot join in on the action (Yes Manu, I'm serious :D ). Goodluck to my teammates in the #66 car!
I'll be popping into the streams to get some updates along the way ;) Stay on the grey and off the walls

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck guys. I would tune in to support you all but I'll be out all day Sunday :( (first trip up to Anfield in 3 years - #stupidticketbuyingscheme)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Luckily the race starts on saturday 13:00 @Cluck :D

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Best of luck to you all lads! ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Car #64 made it into the top split. We need now support from every RSR @Member!

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Keep your calm and give em hell!!!
:rage::blackalien::stig::greyalien: (<- the four of you)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
good luck guys

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Car #64 made it into the top split. We need now support from every RSR @Member!
Damn guys - thats already an amazing feat let alone what you manage in the race.

Seriously well done.

Will load up the start shortly :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Car #66 update: @2scoops started the race, and got as far as the Döttinger Höhe before getting steamrolled (by a SAFEisFAST.com driver o_O), car became uncontrollable and was collected at full speed by a different innocent car. Car is still in the pits with 20 mins repair to go. Hopefully we'll absorb all the bad luck for cars #64 & #65, who are running really well.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck to all and well done getting in top lobby.... Youll be on iracing live then cool beans..

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
PLEASE DO A SAME IN PCARS.. WITH LMP1 LMP2 and GT cars :D

Users who are viewing this thread