24 Hours of Le Mans - 18th August 2018 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

I

iRacing 123

maxresdefault.jpg

@Members , this is the most prestige iRacing Endurance event in 2018!

Get excited everyone! For the third time, iRacing is presenting the 24hrs of Le Mans and RSR is entering with 2 cars! Our team of top tier drivers will be striving to maintain their history of stellar iRacing endurance race results with a team consisting of both familiar faces and first-timers to the RSR iRacing endurance team.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans including @Battenberg who finally returns to our GTE line-up! We also have @AndrexUK and @GoDATP joining Car #87 for the very first time.

Livestream by our LMP1 car

Livestream by our GTE car

Porsche 919 #93
@grobi0815 (Team-Captain): My 4th and final 24 hour race this year. I'm very glad that this will be at Le Mans, one of my favourite tracks, and that I can do it again with Manu and for the first time with Tim.
At the beginning of this year I said to Vernux, that the LMP1 is way too fast for me and that I will never drive this car. But he had problems with his PC and I was pretty sure that there will be no LMP1 team without him. So I decided early to switch the car and regretted it very soon. Thanks to Tim, who helped me from the beginning, I made a huge progress. Now I can say, that I'm really looking forward to the race and to the fun we will have.
What can I say about last year...

Engine blew after leading the race with more than 2 minutes in the lead. It was very painful and almost ended my "career" in iRacing. One of the most frustrating moments I have had in sim-racing.

For this year we are doing the LMP1, beasty car and definitely a lot of fun driving it! Our goal for the race is: Having fun! This should be fairly easy to achieve ;)

But still as always, maximum attack!
Still enjoying the semi-victory of the Spa24 and we’re already being tossed into the next 24 hour race at LeMans. Unlike last years I’m in the prototype team racing the Porsche 919 with T0day, Grobi and a late entry of outsider Jacky Lotterman. It’s been an interesting 2 weeks as iRacing is something different to most so it’s more of a coaching role for me balancing between 2 cars to help both teams get the optimal result. And I’m proud to see the progress that the drivers are making. Let’s go baguette... I mean RSR!

Porsche 991 GTE #87
@Battenberg (Team-Captain): This must be race number 4 at le Mans for me this year, I might have a problem. This is a new crew for me, and we're all varied in our experience and pace, so it will be an interesting prospect to see where we end up. We've all had our own troubles with the car in our preparation, but with the help of the @grobi0815, @Dutchtastic and @t0daY we're all feeling much more confident than we were a week ago.
Of course we all want to finish with a clean run, but I just aim to have a good time regardless of what happens on track. These 24hr races can be an emotional rollercoaster, so let's end it on a high!
My expectations: Mayham, yes Mayham. Since our iRating isn't particulairly high I have to be really cautious the first stint starting within this monstrosity you call a GTE Field. Hopefully, gain a couple of positions right of the bat and than settle into a rhytm.

What we hope to achieve is obviously finish. Stay out of as much of trouble we can and fair well. Its the first 24hr race some of us will attend so I hope we stay unscathed.
So I guess generally my goal for Le Mans has always been to finish first, then do the battling later. Going into a low split, I expect nothing but utter pain from the P1s so we're all going to need some extreme caution towards other drivers. Being my first 24 and my first iRacing event, I'm really just out to have fun and finish the race. Other than that, it's been amazing learning the RSR with the teammates and digging myself further into the community. Win, loss, or crash, I think I can say I've had fun. :D
My 2nd iRacing endurance race, but 1st run for about 2 years+. I've always loved LeMans, and finally going to run it in iRacing.
Goals? Essentially, just to finish! ANd not to bin the car while I'm in the seat (I don't mind if someone else does it!).
Been having pedal issues for a while now, and having to mess about with the callibration to get things to work 'well enough'.
I'm a fair bit off the pace of the rest of the team (As expected) but hoping just to keep the car alive, and put in some safe laps.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Let's go baguette!

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck!

Reactions: Tom

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Members, the streams are live! Make sure to check in! :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So prototype damage report: I was touched inappropriately before the green waved so I had to take 50s optionals on lap 1. Quickly after getting that done we were back up to pace slamming 20’s in the chase of the pack. Even an 18.9 on some older tires. We caught the pack and dove into the top10 again before we knew it.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
GTE #87 Report: 3 hours in, @Battenberg did a wonderful stint with only one minor setback, a spin on lap 2 (I believe). We dropped from around 18th to 42nd~, now we're back up to P11, closing up on P10 and P9. A couple scary moments, a massive shunt by two others on the Mulsanne, etc, etc. No issues, yet.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Angry German report: Had some good pace and was at some point one of the fastest LMP1s on track. Unluckily my first pitstop was somehow screwed up and they just refueled half the tank... By the end of the second "stint" I was braking too late into Indianapolis and crashed into a wall -.-

23 seconds repair time additionally to my regular pitstop which had to be done the same lap. After that a calm double stint with some mistakes which cost here and there a second. @grobi0815 is next! ;)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
GTE #87 Update:

With 6.5 hrs to go we are slowly chasing down P16. During the night we touched the wall at the Porsche curves twice, and are still carrying damage with us despite pitting to make lengthy repairs. The last 5 hours have passed without major incident with all drivers doing consistent laps.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Insane race, so good! Thank you guys for the experience @Battenberg @Nismo @AndrexUK! Finished P17 out of a 55 car, only GTE field. Some very scary and crazy fun moments. One of which is this moment in the middle of the night.
Again, thanks guys so much. As for the P1 team, you'll be back!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I love the reaction “Ummmmmmm am Ok, we good”. LOL

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to @Battenberg @GoDATP @Nismo
Hope I wasn't oo much of a handicap for the team.
I've certainly learned more in the last 2 weeks, than i probably have in the previous 2 years! And you guys are great!
Very encouraging, and persuaded me to stick at it when I was close to throwing in the towel!

I was one that tapped the wall in the Porsche curves, and that added 2 mins on to the repairs, but didn't seam to drop the top speed down any more than the damage we already had.

My first stint was not so good, as my camera was in a very different position to what I have been using. so braking / turning in points had to be re-learned. Was further off the pace than I would have liked.

But 2nd stint, especially after the pit felt good (still off the pace ofc, but what I would probably class as an acceptable level...)
But did tap the wall on my 2nd to last lap :(

LeMans iRacing Endurance 24hr = Ticked off the bucket list!
Would I do it again? 50/50! I'm clearly not strong in iRacing (Not that I'm strong at any Sim...) but it was still a fantastic experience! (Slightly let down by our split being GTE only - but that does have it's plus points as well...)

Thanks team RSR!

Last edited:

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Big thanks to @Battenberg @GoDATP @Nismo
Hope I wasn't oo much of a handicap for the team.
I've certainly learned more in the last 2 weeks, than i probably have in the previous 2 years! And you guys are great!
Very encouraging, and persuaded me to stick at it when I was close to throwing in the towel!

I was one that tapped the wall in the Porsche curves, and that added 2 mins on to the repairs, but didn't seam to drop the top speed down any more.

My first stint was not so good, as my camera was in a very different position to what I have been using. so braking / turning in points had to be re-learned. Was further off the pace than I would have liked.

But 2nd stint, especially after the pit felt good (still off the pace ofc, but what I would probably class as an acceptable level...)
But did tap the wall on my 2nd to last lap :(

LeMans iRacing Endurance 24hr = Ticked off the bucket list!
Would I do it again? 50/50! I'm clearly not strong in iRacing (Not that I'm strong at any Sim...) but it was still a fantastic experience! (Slightly let down by our split being GTE only - but that does have it's plus points as well...)

Thanks team RSR!
U Where not a handicap at all mate u did really well, It was great fun and we were glad to have you with us for this event.
If you decide on your 50/50 for the next edition be sure to let us know because ur more than welcome anytime

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
@AndrexUK You were great, man! For the split, you were still competitive even if you thought you were slow. No way we could have done that without you lol

As far for dipping my toes into some real endurance, my only question is: When's the next race? :D

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good race guys! Was fantastic to follow the race with the streams!

And @Battenberg I didn't get sick from the VR view mate. It's a pain placing the Rift in a good position when you're not driving ;-)

Reactions: Tom

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
i didnt watch you guys, my friends let me in the gte team last minute.
we started at 9th place and finished 2nd. it was great fun.
i hope one day i will join you guys

Users who are viewing this thread