24 Hours of Le Mans - 10th June 2017 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Seriously, you guys put on an amazing performance. To have had 4 disconnects aswell, well, that's a test of anybody's patience and resilience.

Thanks for the kind words Alex but I was VERY sloppy in my first session. It also seemed as though all the 'action' was being saved up for my session, as if my car was fitted with some kind of iracing-wanker-magnet™ during the pit-stop. I also remember talking to Yorkie (I think) during one of my stints and was talking about having spun through Indianapolis, just as I was approaching said corner. In true clickbait fashion, "You'll never guess what happened when Cluck entered Indianapolis" :D. Frustration set in for a few minutes and it took a little bit to calm down, re-focus and just get on with the job.

The main thing was, I (eventually) learned from those mistakes. I knuckled down and focussed as best I could on getting the car to the end of each of my stints in one piece. It's frustrating that I always handed the car over in a worse position than when I took over but that's what happens, I suspect, when you enter a 24-hour race on a whim, with no more than half-a-dozen hours of iRacing driving under your belt. The majority of my incidents were either self-inflicted or the result of HPD traffic. Take the 2 iRacing bugs out, take out the stupid cut-track penalty, that goes UP when your foot is off the damn throttle, take out the incident at the first Mulsanne chicane, and I reckon I would have kept us nicely in the hunt.

Being the self-critic that I am (you'd never guess!), I will still look back at the mistakes I made and what they cost the team. Despite being proud of my own performance and immensely proud to have been the driver to cross the line at the end - with a last stint that was precisely what the team wanted of me - I am acutely aware that my mistakes cost us 8th place at the very least. Nothing that can be done about it now, of course so it will soon be forgotten, I'm sure :)

Finishing in one piece was my only goal going into the race, so at least I achieved that :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Great job regardless @Cluck. Hopefully you can do other Endurance events with us! :)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wait? You gave me a car in a worse state then you got it @Cluck? I didn't even notice. Yes you were slippin' and slidin' through your first stint. Even I was doing victory donuts everytime I passed somebody. So you were not the only one :hungry:
You went through hell and back on that first stint because it's the first "night shift" for most teams so it was a bit chaotic. You kept the car in one piece, even in Indianapolis which was 0.000000% your fault.

I don't think anyone else could have done better with the amount of practice you've had + the first race on iRacing in general.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I mean in terms of position. Aside from the final stint, I always lost us places :). In the first stint it was a combination of over-exuberance and bad luck with other cars. Once I settled down, I was generally OK, aside from bad luck with the disconnects. I know I did overtake somebody for position at least once, so there is that :D.

I'm still curious to know what split we were in though.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Corbs :).

Users who are viewing this thread